New Cap and Thor figures

shmashwitdaclub

• 1 month later...
You know I love the 6 inch Thor but I hate that the Helmet doesn't have the same shiny silver or chrome that his Helmet has. It's just a dull grey color. Wish some Chrome Paint that will look light years better and when I find him I'll be doing that the second I get him home.

Somewhere in the MU threads someone posted some pics where they used a silver sharpie to go over the gray areas of the Xforce figures so they'd be silver to match the single packed ones. The pics were kinda small, but it looks like it might just work. Not sure how it would look with a 6" figure's helmet, but if you feel like trying please post some pics so we'll know whether it's a good idea or not.

um just found the thread in the 3.75 forum that talked about the sharpie and others chimed in that it is NOT a good idea. Apparently silver sharpies in particular have a tendency to not dry completely and they will make your figures slimy, sticky messes that can't be touched without transferring the silver - according to some this lasts even years after application of the sharpie!

So DO NOT SHARPIE you figures.

It is however a good fix for minor scratches on black bookshelves or black picture frames (uh, w/black marker duh). I've done that for years with our stuff.

I had a figure I used a silver metal paint marker on it that still bleed when touched from the 90's, I thought it would eventually stop but never really did. dullcote helped some but it still bled if given a chance..... i finally just removed it and used the proper paints on it.

metallic markers not specifically made for this kind of work are band aids, too much isn't a good thing. like the commander said it's okay for fixing minor things but too much in one spot can stay tacky and you'll spend more time fixing the silver smudges it leaves everywhere..

My friend used sharpies on alot of his X-Men Legends to make them have costumes similar to the movies and those suckers still get black and silver on your hand after years haha. Plus some of them had collected dust and carpet and he had to dip them in cleaner and wipe it all off haha.

I'll use chrome paint to paint my Thor helmet so it will be on there for good.