NEW ML THOR vs. MS THOR

ROCCOTHEGREAT

Well there's the added chest swivel, but other than that, you're right not much new. I like the different cosmic style look, but i still prefer the Select look to this legends one. The packaging is over the top awesome though.

I like that they added the glowing to it though, because honestly, there's not much more you can do to make the Legends one look more spot on to the modern thor than select already did looks wise.

I think the MS Thor's only flaw is that it's MS, and suffers their typical lack of articulation. This new ML Thor does a good job emulating that MS style with a tiny bit more articulation added in.

Haters gonna hate, but I'm thrilled with this figure - I would like to see it next to another ML figure for scale purposes, though, I'll probably never take mine out of the awesome packaging.

I have to say I definitely prefer MS. I don't even really like the new Thor, especially for 25 bucks. If Hasbro starts making figures of Toy Biz quality, I will start buying them again. Until then, nope.

whoa!!! the new Legends are going to be $25!?!?! When did they decide to pump the price up that much? I was hoping they'd be more like the previous (Toybiz) lines. Those were awesome figures for their price range. But at $25, I don't know if I'd be getting any new ML's.

Someone please tell me they'll be well under 20. I mean even with a BAF piece inside, they should be several dollars under 20.

thor.jpg

so as you all know the new ML thor pics have been released. They look pretty good. the face is nice, new chest sculpt & sweet hammer , i'm not hating.

i just think the articulation seems to be the same. i thought they wanted to wow us and get everyone hyped for the new legends.

what do you think?

The ML Thor has better articulation.

I have to say I definitely prefer MS. I don't even really like the new Thor, especially for 25 bucks. If Hasbro starts making figures of Toy Biz quality, I will start buying them again. Until then, nope.

whoa!!! the new Legends are going to be $25!?!?! When did they decide to pump the price up that much? I was hoping they'd be more like the previous (Toybiz) lines. Those were awesome figures for their price range. But at $25, I don't know if I'd be getting any new ML's.

Someone please tell me they'll be well under 20. I mean even with a BAF piece inside, they should be several dollars under 20.

no price has been announced yet. everything you hear are just speculations. the sdcc thor is 25usd because its an exclusive and has a nice package for himself going. i doubt that hasbro will do these figs as high as everyone thinks. i say around 16usd but i can be wrong.

No, Thor the SDCC exclusive is $25. That's not a retail price.

Hopefully it's reasonably priced because if it's at the TRU Iron Man: Armored Avenger price ($18), this line is literally dead on arrival.

From the pics I've seen, I would probably buy the Legends version over the Select version if I had them both in front of me. However, I already own the Select version, so I will probably have to pass on this new SDCC one. Which is a shame because I really want to support the new Legends relaunch.

You know, I really wish they had given us another figure besides Thor in his modern costume. I don't really care for the "modern" looks of Marvel characters in the first place. Add that to the fact that the Select figure of this version of Thor is perfectly fine, and that makes this new one pretty easy for me to pass up. Especially since the only way I would be able to get him is on HasbroToyShop.com after the con, or on Ebay. Both of those options will include a shipping charge on top of the already hefty $25.00 price tag.

Cool packaging though.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my SDCC Thor today and I'm quite happy. The paint apps and articulation are about the same as the MS Thor and I now have the modern costume Thor in 6" scale - and he's a nice, muscular, bulky 6" figure at that! The Hammer box and poster inside are really impressive too. I'd like to say 'good job Hasbro'. I know they don't hear that alot around here.

I wouldnt compare the SDCC version to the select. I would wait and compare the ML Wave 1 version with the similar paint apps to the select one for an honest opinion. Personally,,,,, I will go with the Legends version because the face has more character for me. The added articulation gives me thrills when posing on my shelf ! I also like the wider chest on the ML version including the sculpt on the armor which looks cooler in my opinion ! BTW,,, suggested retail for the new Marvel Legends is $14.99. What retailers decide to charge is another story ! However, dont let price determine whether or not you will by. True ML fans always buy,,, even when the waves were crap and I bickered, I still bought them with a smite of bitter happiness. Now,,,, If we want the line to survive, we have to support and buy them. Hasbro has evolved a lot from what i have seen. I have been here since the beginning. They are absolutely looking awesome !!!! So lets support the line. Buy Legends for your kids also. After all, they are the next generation of us collectors !

They are both awesome! I love my Select because he towers over everyone but I use him with Select and not Legends. He's perfect Scale to fit with Abomination, Hulk from Select in my opinion. The Legend version's articulation however makes it the better action figure. The Select version has some good articulation too though but doesn't compare to a Legend.

37.jpg