The Avengers Assemble lines - ML or no?

roshan

From a classification standpoint, I'm still trying to figure out what to make of the Avengers Assemble movie/comic lines (Cap, Thor, Iron Man). We're getting some figures that are straight legends rehashes like King Thor, but also getting movie likenesses. So it's a mixed bag. Other than the spring action missiles, there are no kiddie play features either. It's a lot of rehashes but once or twice a wave we get something all new like the Loki or Initiative War Machine.

So what do you guys think? Do you put the avengers assemble lines under the Legends banner in the same way Classics was a sub-line of Legends with action features? Or stick it with all of the other Marvel movie lines that have come before it?

What exactly do you mean?

I mean, I keep an excel file with all my figures including their item# and assortment/series# as well as the obvious figure#. But I just put all the 6" stuff on the same page and have the series name as one of the columns/fields to fill out. So, for me, the movie stuff will be "different" from the Legends lines because the names for the series (not to mention the #'s) will be different. But they'll be on the same page. Just able to sort them by series name/number/etc.

Are you talking about classifying them to keep track of your collection, or classifying them for some other reason that I've missed entirely?

Are you talking about classifying them to keep track of your collection, or classifying them for some other reason that I've missed entirely?

I guess I mean shelf wise. I have the x-men, spiderman, fantastic four movie lines, but I don't keep them on my shelf with the exception of the Doombots and Annihilus. But these Avengers Assemble movie lines have the feel of legends figures to me, and I've started to put all of them in my legends displays. I was just wondering if others did the same.

aaah! I wish I could tell you, but since I haven't been lucky enough to find anything from Thor or Captain America in 6" scale yet......

As far as the Iron Man figures go, I keep them all together with my Legends figures on a shelf I call my "Hall of Armor". The movie ones fit right in with the Legends stuff nicely.

The others I'll have to determine after I actually get my hands on something. I honestly have not seen anything other than MU scale stuff for Thor and Cap though (well, except for like 10" or 12" huge figs)

I can say that if I find some good Cap stuff it will probably go into a nice little Cap "shrine" that would include multiple scales from multiple lines - so it would definitely be mixed.