Marvel legends Wave 1

Yes, it's the new super soldier steve. Thor features a ball-joint neck (hindered due to his flowing locks), swivel/hinge shoulders, swivel biceps, swivel/hinge elbows, swivel/hinge wrists, a ball-joint torso, swivel/hinge hips, swivel thighs, double-hinged knees, and swivel/hinge ankles. All of the joints on the figure we received were tight and without incident. The hinged wrists are a nice addition, as is the ball-joint torso which allows for Thor to hunch down in more ferocious battle stances.

Which version of Thor is this?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 Thor Figures so far are WalMart exclusives. Don't think the Cap figures will be. Unless they're like the Iron Man 2 figures, not exclusive, but mostly only showed up at TRU. I'll bet we are able to eventually get them from HTS

The Iron Man 2 figures were exclusive to Walmart. They were never at TRU.

My bad, I meant about the current Armored Avengers ones

hope summers was the reason for the messiah complex story arc. she's not actually kin to cyclops (atleast not by the time my lcs started suckign azz and stopped getting in new product), but more like the foster child of cable. im pretty excited shes in it. not only did i beg to no avail for a mu version of her, but it lets me know they're willing to do not only obscure characters, but really obscure characters. Squirrel Girl!

Actually, from what i can tell hope summers is actually Jean reincarnated (phoenix rising from the ashes blah blah blah)

The 3 Thor Figures so far are WalMart exclusives. Don't think the Cap figures will be. Unless they're like the Iron Man 2 figures, not exclusive, but mostly only showed up at TRU. I'll bet we are able to eventually get them from HTS

He is talking about the latest wave of Iron Man 2... Titanium man, crimsin dynamo, and initative war machine were only at Toys r us for retail.

He is talking about the latest wave of Iron Man 2... Titanium man, crimsin dynamo, and initative war machine were only at Toys r us for retail.

those are not part of the im2 line. those are in the armored avenger line.

Well the line looks great. First off great strategy on the line up. we get big names, obscure names(Hope), and 1 movie fig is fine as long as its one(plus this is going to be the NEW movie that will be coming out soon). And last but not least Villians, Villians, Villians...Yes! they seem to have learned and want it to succed this time. this all depends on paint, joints, and Price. Solids discription of thor kind of botherd me "Swivel elbows??" isnt that the same crappy joints as blackbolt and the knees on Valkary?? if so those suck.

as i said

Man, it's sure been a while since I was here last, so I figured I'd drop by with some thoughts on my favorite toyline:

Klaw- So glad to be getting a Klaw. More classic villains always make me happy. I'm not sure where to put him in my display, whether it's with my Fantastic Four villains battling the Fantastic Four or battling Black Panther in my Avengers display.

Hope Summers- I have little to no interest in Hope, but that doesn't mean I won't take her. I'll gladly put her in my X-Men display. It'd be cool to get a baby Hope pack in.

Constrictor- As said with Klaw, I love getting classic villains as new figures. Not sure where I'll put him in my display, but he'll look cool fighting anyone, since he's battled everyone from the Hulk to Cap.

Steve Rogers- I'm not really crazy about the whole Steve Rogers: Super Soldier idea or costume, but I'll take him I guess. Not sure if I'll put him in my Avengers display (Doubt he'll replace my ML series 1 Cap) but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Iron Man- Not sure which armor it is, but a classic Iron Man armor is a welcome addition. I'll take anything from deep sea or space armror to his neo classic armor. Not sure if Extremis counts as classic yet, but I'll take that armor as well. And yes, I'll even accept a direct repaint in red and gold colors of the 2-pack Iron Man, provided he comes with the same interchangable accessories.

Movie Ghost Rider- I didn't buy the first movie Ghost Rider figures because they weren't canon to the classic 616 universe (That and I wasn't too crazy about the movie to begin with). I'll probably toss this guy on the shelf I've dubbed the "Legion of Losers" Shelf (Not the actual team, mind you) that is comprised of X3 movie figures, Ultimate figures, and other lame-o's I can't find a place for in my display. Then again, that all depends how close movie Ghost Rider looks like the comic book version.

Thor- I'll gladly take this Thor even if I plan on getting the SDCC version. I just think of the SDCC version as a chase variant of sorts. Not sure if he'll replace the Giant-Man series Thor on my Avengers shelf, but I definitely do need a Thor to battle my Savage Frost Giant, so he'll likely get that honor.

Terrax- Another sorely needed Fantastic Four villain and former Galactus herald? Yes please! I have the perfect spot for him in my FF villain display.

Overall, this wave isn't bad. Glad to be getting new villains. Not sure it was so wise to put so many versions of the A-Listers in the first new wave, but I can see why they did it, with the Avengers movie franchise and such. I'm also glad this is 7 figures as opposed to 8. Not the best wave selection, but certainly not the worst, either.

as i said

sorry. that part wasnt in the post i quoted.

Steve Rogers- I'm not really crazy about the whole Steve Rogers: Super Soldier idea or costume, but I'll take him I guess. Not sure if I'll put him in my Avengers display (Doubt he'll replace my ML series 1 Cap) but I'm sure I'll think of something.

you would put him in a SECRET avengers display along with the new long haired black widow etc.

im really stoked for him! and a bleeding edge armor. i hope we get it !

you would put him in a SECRET avengers display along with the new long haired black widow etc.

I currently have all of my Avengers teams on one shelf (Adjectiveless, New, Secret, and Dark, in addition to past members and allies).

I might do that (Wish I had been able to get a second Black Widow). I could put him with Moon Knight, Astonishing X-Men Beast, Ant-Man, Nova, and War Machine, but it'd be very hard for me to wanna replace ML1 Cap, especially with Steve back in his Cap costume in the comics, which is where I feel he belongs.

And I'll gladly take a Bleeding Edge armor, either to put in my armory or current adjectiveless Avengers display.

hope summers was the reason for the messiah complex story arc. she's not actually kin to cyclops (atleast not by the time my lcs started suckign azz and stopped getting in new product), but more like the foster child of cable. im pretty excited shes in it. not only did i beg to no avail for a mu version of her, but it lets me know they're willing to do not only obscure characters, but really obscure characters. Squirrel Girl!

Actually, from what i can tell hope summers is actually Jean reincarnated (phoenix rising from the ashes blah blah blah)

Gracias Devilsdue