Marvel legends Wave 1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that Marvel Legends are happening again...but I think for me personally I've been away from them for too long. They are cool to look at and see new figures but I got rid of most of mine & have moved on to Marvel Select & Minimates. And at $14.99? I guess I paid that much for the Deadpool/Warpath pack ($30 total) but Rogers & Constrictor might be the only ones i pick up (and Klaw if they don't use that tiny Silver Surfer body). Or I'll pick up the others for the Terrax parts (b/c he looks awesome...hands aside) and sell the others. So I guess I'm not necessarily complaining about the price...there just aren't many figures in this wave that I would pay $15 for.

Excited to see how this line evolves. I remember first starting with Toybiz Marvel Legends and thinking "How can they ever make these better!?" Toybiz did have their shortcomings and Hasbro has had some very good figures...but I never thought I would see it go backward. For now I will be an optimistic onlooker and hope that I don't regret skipping out on most of these.

i personally do not care what they pack in with them as long as they are accessable. never found the regular versions of the last 2 packs, and i really really wanted the regular case versions of black widow and warpath.

i know ive been looking for the black black widow for months and finally found out. and when the new legends first came out i found both versions of deadpool but i had to sell them to pay bills and never saw them again, i would be really upset if i didn't have the original deadpool. wit=ch is the best deadpool the new legends cant compare. but the xmen pool is cool. thats the one i would buy again if i saw it!.

Anyone heard what figures we may get with Wave 2 on Saturday?

considering the panel isn't on yet I have to say no. I know you want to know (along with every else) but be patience................................................................

Damn it hurry up!!! LOL :P

i personally do not care what they pack in with them as long as they are accessable. never found the regular versions of the last 2 packs, and i really really wanted the regular case versions of black widow and warpath.

i know ive been looking for the black black widow for months and finally found out. and when the new legends first came out i found both versions of deadpool but i had to sell them to pay bills and never saw them again, i would be really upset if i didn't have the original deadpool. wit=ch is the best deadpool the new legends cant compare. but the xmen pool is cool. thats the one i would buy again if i saw it!.

Luckily I have the original one, so im not missing that costume at all, but i really want the warpath it came with in hasbros 2 packs, but never saw it and at this point with tru not getting restocked with them i doubt i ever will.

please oh please let there be a new spidey villain today in 6 insh. thats all i want to see. i have waited for years for something new in the spideyverse. did hasbro ever do a really new character? all i can think of is demogoblin and that was allready a repaint. oh yeah how could i forget the tarantula massacre lol. geee i hope to see something today. its been so long.

at first glance, those figures all look pretty GOOD!

I can't really complain about any of it except that Ironman is small again. They keep making him tiny for some reason. He is supposed to be 6'6".

AND, the other problem I've always had with these skinny IMs, is there is suppose to be a person inside the armor - this should make the figures bulkier. I still think the early TB Legends got it right with the big bulky IM figures.

exactly... not only are the Hasbro Ironman figures always small, but they make him as if he is wearing spandex! Where is the bulk that comes with wearing armor? It's ridiculous and I am tired of it.

if you look at the Toybiz Ironman figures, they are done correctly.

TOYBIZ:

ML1 classic IM is taller and much bulkier than Captain America (supposed to be 6'2") in the same series.

ML8 modular IM is again taller and bigger than the very big ML8 Ultimate Cap figure

ML11 Hulkbuster is a monster

ML14 First Appearance IM wasn't that big, but you could still believe there could be a person inside.

ML15 Thorbuster is obviously big

Face Off IM is way too small, and I think he is the only Toybiz IM figure out of scale.

HASBRO:

Hasbro 1 Ultimate IM is actually the correct size

Heroes Reborn IM is undersized, as he is about the same size as Spiderman from that series.

2-pack Classic IM is horribly out of scale. It's a damn shame because they went through the trouble to make a really nice looking new figure, and then made him smaller than the Maria Hill figure he comes with! That is embarrassing

and I think the new IM movie and offshoot 6 inch figures are too small also.

and finally, they put a new IM figure in their relaunch wave... and he is the smallest figure in it! WTF

Iron Man looks too skinny/wimpy compared to Cap. When it should be the other way around. But either way I am excited too. I might just buy Terrax by itself on ebay or any other online store and just a select few from this wave. Not really instersted in GR, CA and Thor.

Can't wait for next year!!!!!!

I remember them talking about how the extremis iron man had hidden articulation. Did anyone notice that the discs on the side of his body were on different levels? Maybe they slide up so that you can get maximum articulation in the legs. if they did that would be awesome so that the discs don't interfere with the legs. Here's a pic

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2011sdcc/Marv...e1/image105.asp

I think your right the one on the left is higher than the one on the right. thats cool. I cant complain, I like the new extremis armor, I know people think he is small but I kind of like a veriaty when it comes to armor type. I like the slim sleek look, and I understand it is not possible or perfect in scale, but to please the eyes you have to compramise with what would be realistic.