Wave 2

RickCoronel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame customers for the downfall of ML figures in the least. As soon as Hasbro took over the license the quality went to #$@# (remember the Annihilus wave?... yuck) and it never really got much better. Granted hasbro did bring us some great figures in the first run. I would say that overall though they put out more crappy figures than they did good figures. Let's look at the ares wave. A lot of feel like that is the best or one of the best Hasbro ML waves released.

We got:

Ares who is a very nice baf, crossbones who is awesome and sold like crazy, and then we got Kang (crappy figure), Ben Reilly Spider-Man (crappy figure), Human Torch (not bad), Kang (crappy figure), Iron Man reborn (crappy figure), Vision (crappy figure), guardian (mediocre), and ultimate war machine (crappy figure).

We can go over the rest of the waves as well and most of them end up like this; a couple nice figures but more crappy figures than good ones. It isn't the customers job to create and support a crappy product. It is the manufacturer who needs to ensure they are releasing a good products to ensure they can continue to stay in business. How many times have I heard a company say, "it's the customers fault we went out of business".

That is the reason for the downfall of Marvel Legends. The customers stopped coming when the product started sucking. Who is to blame there? Do you blame the customers when a terrible movie doesn't get a sequel?

Wow you really must have hated "Kang" you listed him twice. as far as the most solid wave would have to go with Red Hulk Wave, black spidy, wolverine, spiral, silversurfer, union jack. Warlok was the only one I did not like the joints on, but is till a easy fixer. The most recent 2 packs is a great wave. fin fang foom great build a figure wave sucked though. Cross bones is the shyt. one of my faviorets of all time. My marvel toybiz display is slowely starting to get fazed out some i keep, but juggernaut just got replaced. I keep most the iron men for armor display, My Toybiz cap will never be replaced unless hasbro does a better paint job with the exact same figure.....any way im rambiling on.

Agreed x66, what do you think the chances are we are going to see these in Windsor? (I'm the guy who bought the gentleman ghost off of you).

Anyone know aprox. when wave 2 will hit?

No crap? That's cool and very observant!

All that aside, I believe we will see these in Canada, probably not in December though, more like in Feb. or March closer to when wave 2 is in the States. When something is "new" again it always makes it to the pegs, it's the later waves I am worried about. You know, when the sales don't meet up to what they should and the crappy ass buyers here won't take another chance.

The bad sales aren't due to the quality of the product it's due to the bad economy.

Which brings me to say this. you guys who live in the US have no idea how lucky you are. Trevstar and I live in one of the most recession hit areas in North America, Windsor and Detroit. The stores don't order even half of what they used to. Finding figures like DCUC and Star Wars was brutal last year and this year to. When Marvel Legends were around last time it was really tough as well.

However, I never had a Star Wars running change that I couldn't find, in Michigan that is, so don't get your hopes up on some of the later Wrecking Crew characters here in Canada.

I would also like to take this opportunity to commend Hasbro on bringing this line back.

I am somewhat of a purist in the fact that I have not purchased any Marvel Universe other than the Gigantic Battles and a couple of Wolvv Weapon X tanks. I swore I would not change scale a second time. Also because I've followed and owned product from your company for 20 years now, everything from Aliens to Waterworld.

Even if it fails at least we'll get 4 - 5 waves of 6" figures, I also swore I would never pay anyone for a custom either!

Way to go Hasbro.

Thank you very much.

it was a nice little weekend. dissapointed with a lot of things do.

dcuc is mostly done, motuc gets a line of new characters, could have done better for the 30th anniversary but what the heck they look cool. hasbro has some amazing universe figures and the legends are so and so. lets start with the hatred, its more fun lol. i hate hasbro for a lot of reasons and mostly because they dont bring any new spidey villains for years now. hasbro did a lot of dammage to a line who was the best on the market with bad paintings, bad scale(pecialy bad scale), bad articulations, bad distribution and making everything exclusive, not delivering worldwide (and that now a days with so much possibilities) stricked and simple they suck big time. the new waves look ok but not having two waves finished for something they announced a year ago is a joke. not even wave one was finished. then running change??? how manny waves do they believe they will sell in one store to get another one with the running change?? if someone believes, that this is a good idea then you must be living on the moon for the last few years. i never saw a running change in any of my usual shops that is and a lot dont see running changes on the marvel universe pages either. so good luck with that. oh but it is nice from hasbro to think about the scalpers do. they have a heart for everyone lol. then they lie constantly. sorry but no toybiz molds? that would be the right direction for a reboot. show what they can really do and yet they give us the silver surfer body for klaw. even if you would live on the moon you would know that that body is out of scale but i guess it must be the guy with the fish glasses from hot shots who did this if they havent noticed that then what will they notice??? all in all i am pleased with what they did right now but it is a long way to go until they can say "yes we did it" i am happy to see the line going. cant wait to get big time spidey but i bet he will have the ben reilly body so i pass. i can do that better myself then. so i wait and see what it will bring. i hope to see some in europe for a change. also a new spidey villains please. its about time to make up for that mess tarantula was and dont come with movie lizard lol.

Agreed x66, what do you think the chances are we are going to see these in Windsor? (I'm the guy who bought the gentleman ghost off of you).

Anyone know aprox. when wave 2 will hit?

No crap? That's cool and very observant!

All that aside, I believe we will see these in Canada, probably not in December though, more like in Feb. or March closer to when wave 2 is in the States. When something is "new" again it always makes it to the pegs, it's the later waves I am worried about. You know, when the sales don't meet up to what they should and the crappy ass buyers here won't take another chance.

The bad sales aren't due to the quality of the product it's due to the bad economy.

Which brings me to say this. you guys who live in the US have no idea how lucky you are. Trevstar and I live in one of the most recession hit areas in North America, Windsor and Detroit. The stores don't order even half of what they used to. Finding figures like DCUC and Star Wars was brutal last year and this year to. When Marvel Legends were around last time it was really tough as well.

However, I never had a Star Wars running change that I couldn't find, in Michigan that is, so don't get your hopes up on some of the later Wrecking Crew characters here in Canada.

I would also like to take this opportunity to commend Hasbro on bringing this line back.

I am somewhat of a purist in the fact that I have not purchased any Marvel Universe other than the Gigantic Battles and a couple of Wolvv Weapon X tanks. I swore I would not change scale a second time. Also because I've followed and owned product from your company, at one time or another, for 20 years now, everything from Aliens to Waterworld.

Even if it fails at least we'll get 4 - 5 waves of 6" figures, I also swore I would never pay anyone for a custom either!

Way to go Hasbro.

Thank you very much.

Hasbro also had crappy distribution of it's products for the ML stuff. I was lucky to be able to build Ares apparently. The Crossbones that I bought is the ONLY one I ever saw at retail and pretty much the entire Ronan The Accuser line was hard to find. I'm missing several figures from that particular Hasbro fiasco and doubt I'll ever see Ronan put together. :o(

SO I hope that these are better figures with better ratios and much better distribution channels. If all that holds true (odds seem stacked against me here) then I'll be spending lots of money on ML over the next few years.

Still, all in all, the Toybiz run was an amazing few years in which I spent hundreds of dollars on a bunch of plastic and loved every minute of it. I'm hoping for a return to those halcyon days!lol

I was pretty ticked when they killed marvel legends in favor of marvel universe. but then i figured out that the scale actually provided more of an opportunity to get the figures i want. (though they've yet to release or even announce plans for elektra.) and we were still getting ml on a less frequent basis. You can not blame hasbro for being cautious in our economy, which i expect had a lot to do with it. If anyone is to blame for the cancelation of the line, its the customers who did not support it enough. Hopefully this time people will support the line so we can continue to get great 6" figures of the characters we love. But if not, im certainly not going to blame hasbro for it.

Spot on! Its a company that has be careful with the desicions they make. Now the retail price for this new figures aren't going to come cheap (it says 14.99 but once in the store that could climb up to $20). Compare to what we paid for when Toybiz (and the economy was good) was around, $8.99-$10.00.

Yeah we should be happy they are making some more, Come on we all thought it was going to die before we saw all these. Some people are blind to the fact that the Economy is really bad and parents buying their kids some toys is not the top of their priorities, Keeping a roof over their heads is more important. Thngs are going to get worse also, so I am happy that its not gone for ever yet, plus the people wanting these should not wait for the to go on sale or clearence. I have heard this is a stratagy for some people that have it hard right now, or are really Cheap. So If you see them in retail, BUY THEM, BUY THEM ALL!! the retailer will restock them,maybe....The higher prices are already hitting I see good figures(Gigantic Battles Frost, and Goliath, Iron man Armoerd averngers titanum man, war machine). all these second restocks are just sitting there.

Man if people are bitching about having a Constrictor then they are crazy in my book! I can't wait for a 6 inch Constrictor to go along with my 3.75 Constrictor. I love the character and he was pure awesome in Siege last year.

I do hate that we get Hope! I hate that lame character and I HOPE she gets killed soon. Why do we get a Hope figure because an X-Man figure? I mean we've never had an X-Man figure in 6 inch or 3.75 inch form and he's been around since 1995.

Man if people are bitching about having a Constrictor then they are crazy in my book! I can't wait for a 6 inch Constrictor to go along with my 3.75 Constrictor. I love the character and he was pure awesome in Siege last year.

I do hate that we get Hope! I hate that lame character and I HOPE she gets killed soon. Why do we get a Hope figure because an X-Man figure? I mean we've never had an X-Man figure in 6 inch or 3.75 inch form and he's been around since 1995.

I thought he was dead for nearly 10 years.

I can explain to you why a lot of us feel that way if you like thedevilsdue06. To sum it up quickly, we are talking about the toy company that at one time destroyed what was most of our favorite toy lines of all time which was Toybiz ML. Hasbro ran it into the ground and for 3 years they treated collector's like #$@#. Yes they are making some nice figures now but it doesn't make up for what they did. In my mind I will be satisfied if they release 5 waves of ML figures with Bafs in 2012 just like Mattel has this year with DCUC. If they do that then they are forgiven. This is a start but Hasblow is Hasblow and a lot of us can't forgive what they did to the line in the first place. That is why all the griping. Hope that clears it up for you.

Well all I can say if your attitude represents most ML collector's then I wouldn't hold much hope for the line to make a come back. First your description of history is off. ML was dying out before Hasbro even took over the line. Toy Biz flooded the market with their last several waves of Marvel Legends which sat their collecting dust for over a year. Also you act as if Hasbro stole the license away. Toy Biz/Marvel was done with it and sold it off to another toy company. You wouldn't have any ML at all then or now if it wasn't for Hasbro. Over the years since Hasbro took over the license this country has experienced some horrid economic times and the landscape of the toy market has changed drastically since ML were first released.

You can sit there and act like you are owed something and set your expectations so high that no toy company could meet them which will likely mean the death for Marvel Legends, or you can understand that in this market your probably lucky to be getting anything at all at this point and if you want to see more and more effort put into it, its going to require people buying them. When you are always looking at ways to be negative and nitpick every little thing all your doing is creating a negative environment know one really wants to be part of. If you have constructive input about how to improve a line, their are better ways of doing it than making statements like Hasblow suck, ect ect. In the end if you don't like something then don't buy it, that's the most powerful statement anyone of you can make but if you are serious about wanting ML returning, it's in as much your hands as a collector community as it is Hasbro's, and how you portray that community has an impact.

wow I never thought I see the day JayC get so pissed off. but he is 100% right. for those still hold onto the Toybiz excuse, please do us all a favor and move on. It's been over 5 years now.

LOL, well I am not pissed off, but I think if you Marvel Legends collectors want to really see this line return you would be better to try and keep a positive attitude and try looking at the positives as opposed to the negatives of everything. Everything is not always going to be perfect or exactly how you want it so you might as well get used to that. There was quit a bit of good news coming out of SDCC for you guys and very little to be negative about so why not try and be happy and not assume everything is going to suck. Again just a suggestion.

I have faith in Hasbro.

That's right I said it. They're new two pack figures and the Iron Man Legends figures, have been real great, both in sculpt and articulation. I got a close look at these figures at SDCC this year, and they look AWESOME. I'm absolutely excited for this, and I think we all should be.

I'm not gonna sit here and fuel an argument about Hasbro's Marvel Legends. All I will say is that, yes they started off poorly, but they improved a whole lot, and they just keep getting better. As it's been said, if you like what you see, buy it. If you don't, well no one is forcing you to. This is a hobby that's all about having fun, and I encourage you all to do just that.

The Marvel Legends are back, and I'm excited about it.

I don't know where the complaining it's coming from this wave is great and an improvement over the first one.

-Drax:awesome character been wanting one for a while now to the point I almost customized one, more Annihilation figs please( He should've come with Cammi).

-Bucky Cap: This one is an obvious choice and it looks like a newish mold, can't wait to have him and put him next to Thor and Extremis Iron Man.

-Daken: I hate the character with a passion but I'll get the figure nonetheless I own every issue of the Dark Avengers and would love to complete them and if buying Dakken is what it takes then I'll buy 2.

-Thunderball/Piledriver:Can't believe people aren't more excited it's the Friggin' Wrecking Crew this guys has been requested for years now, Thunderball has what it looks to be a new mold a new bigger mold that opens new possibilities and different characters variants how great is that.

-Madame Masque/Hydra: Females + Villains=no brainer, another Iron Man villain looks like it's a good time to be an Iron Man fan.

-BT Spidey:I have to admit not crazy about this one but I'll take it as long as it's not paperbag spidey.

-Arnim Zola:great BAF choice can't wait to complete it and a Red Skull alternate look? better anything Cap related is an instant buy.

It seems to me people are looking for things to complain and are being very nitpicky. There are always going to be characters that get made that you don't want and ones you do want won't get made that's just the way it is. As for price before anyone complains those of us who don't live in the continental U.S. have to pay a little bit more or sometimes resort to ebay. I paid $23.53 after tax for a Titanium Man at TRU, it was steep but that's life with this economy I got it anyway because I was excited to get a new figure and I was voting with my dollars as for these new Legends figs I'm already saving for them.

in a way i understand you jayc but on the other hand you have to understand our situation also. hasbro got our input and our support for how manny years now? still they talk like heaven is about to open the doors and yet we get bad scale, bad paintings and so on, you know the storys. toybiz wasnt perfect to me but they did a great selection of characters over the years. the new hasbro line looks good but then again, the silver surfer body is way out of scale. everybody knows it. everybody and yet they come up with this body again and again. i am ok with reused bodys and all and i understand why they do it. they could easly take the quicksilver sculpt for klaw, no one would even talk about it. they got a lot of input from us what to do and if i remember corectly the same team is on board as the ones from toybiz, so they allready know what to do. i will support this line one more time because i love marvel legends. i love marvel. i want to see where they go with this but running change?? at least a variant figure is more easy to find. its things like this that makes fans tick like a timebomb. i may be wrong but we will see how everything turns out. once again nothing personal and i understand your point of view but i can also understand the point of view of certain collectors

I dont understand the complaints. At all. We're getting what we asked for. Nothing more, nothing less. The first two waves are by no means comprised of my dream line up. I dont even know who drax is. I had to look up on marvels wiki who exactly the baf character was to know who he is. Truth be told the only figures I am truly excited about are the females (including hope) and the villains. They are giving us characters who have never been made in 6" and a few who've never had the plastic treatment at all. Even the "remakes" are in outfits never done before in 6" scale. I'm buying each and every one. Matter of fact (since im about to have around 1500 extra dollars a month YAY ME!) i may buy two of each. one to keep in package. Maybe pick some up for trades in the event i cant find something down the line. I am beyond excited that they are giving this line new life, and thoroughly intend on supporting it as much as i can. Anyone who takes an issue with them giving us 15+ new Marvel Legends over 2 waves (atleast) in one year is griping for the sake of griping. As for the quality of the figures... I couldnt be happier. I do not play with them. I display them. The sculpts have been amazing. I prefer them to Toybiz with the oversized shoulders and legs that dont close and the hideous face sculpts. I hope hasbro keeps doing EXACTLY what they are doing with these first 2 waves. Then we'll all have a little chance to get those obscure figures we've been pining for . (northstar and aurora)

Marvel Select is the reason people nitpick. I am excited for Marvel Legends to continue though. Not overly excited about the first wave but wave 2 is amazing.

I can explain to you why a lot of us feel that way if you like thedevilsdue06. To sum it up quickly, we are talking about the toy company that at one time destroyed what was most of our favorite toy lines of all time which was Toybiz ML. Hasbro ran it into the ground and for 3 years they treated collector's like #$@#. Yes they are making some nice figures now but it doesn't make up for what they did. In my mind I will be satisfied if they release 5 waves of ML figures with Bafs in 2012 just like Mattel has this year with DCUC. If they do that then they are forgiven. This is a start but Hasblow is Hasblow and a lot of us can't forgive what they did to the line in the first place. That is why all the griping. Hope that clears it up for you.

Well all I can say if your attitude represents most ML collector's then I wouldn't hold much hope for the line to make a come back. First your description of history is off. ML was dying out before Hasbro even took over the line. Toy Biz flooded the market with their last several waves of Marvel Legends which sat their collecting dust for over a year. Also you act as if Hasbro stole the license away. Toy Biz/Marvel was done with it and sold it off to another toy company. You wouldn't have any ML at all then or now if it wasn't for Hasbro. Over the years since Hasbro took over the license this country has experienced some horrid economic times and the landscape of the toy market has changed drastically since ML were first released.

You can sit there and act like you are owed something and set your expectations so high that no toy company could meet them which will likely mean the death for Marvel Legends, or you can understand that in this market your probably lucky to be getting anything at all at this point and if you want to see more and more effort put into it, its going to require people buying them. When you are always looking at ways to be negative and nitpick every little thing all your doing is creating a negative environment know one really wants to be part of. If you have constructive input about how to improve a line, their are better ways of doing it than making statements like Hasblow suck, ect ect. In the end if you don't like something then don't buy it, that's the most powerful statement anyone of you can make but if you are serious about wanting ML returning, it's in as much your hands as a collector community as it is Hasbro's, and how you portray that community has an impact.

AMEN. Well said.

I don't know where the complaining it's coming from this wave is great and an improvement over the first one.

-Drax:awesome character been wanting one for a while now to the point I almost customized one, more Annihilation figs please( He should've come with Cammi).

-Bucky Cap: This one is an obvious choice and it looks like a newish mold, can't wait to have him and put him next to Thor and Extremis Iron Man.

-Daken: I hate the character with a passion but I'll get the figure nonetheless I own every issue of the Dark Avengers and would love to complete them and if buying Dakken is what it takes then I'll buy 2.

-Thunderball/Piledriver:Can't believe people aren't more excited it's the Friggin' Wrecking Crew this guys has been requested for years now, Thunderball has what it looks to be a new mold a new bigger mold that opens new possibilities and different characters variants how great is that.

-Madame Masque/Hydra: Females + Villains=no brainer, another Iron Man villain looks like it's a good time to be an Iron Man fan.

-BT Spidey:I have to admit not crazy about this one but I'll take it as long as it's not paperbag spidey.

-Arnim Zola:great BAF choice can't wait to complete it and a Red Skull alternate look? better anything Cap related is an instant buy.

It seems to me people are looking for things to complain and are being very nitpicky. There are always going to be characters that get made that you don't want and ones you do want won't get made that's just the way it is. As for price before anyone complains those of us who don't live in the continental U.S. have to pay a little bit more or sometimes resort to ebay. I paid $23.53 after tax for a Titanium Man at TRU, it was steep but that's life with this economy I got it anyway because I was excited to get a new figure and I was voting with my dollars as for these new Legends figs I'm already saving for them.

-

The Mold is the Hulkiling, Crossbones, and Warpath with a full body costum paint job......which I do not mind! this buck is awsome. Means we will get 2 Large figs in this wave besides the BAF, Waht more can you ask!

I dont even know who drax is. I had to look up on marvels wiki who exactly the baf character was to know who he is.

Really? His sole purpose and creation is to hunt and distroy the Mighty Thanos! You want to read one of the greatest story lines in marvel read the underrated Cosmic Comics, read Anihalation when Drax does finally get to Thanos.

Anyone who takes an issue with them giving us 15+ new Marvel Legends over 2 waves (atleast) in one year is griping for the sake of griping.

Wow you are really underestemating the first 2 waves 15+ what about the 4 variants in the first wave? captian rogers electric shield, orange flame ghost rider, Stealth Extremes Iron Man, and SDCC Thor

Wave 2 will have running change wreking crew and madams, pluse a variant build a figure. So save up! try 4 of each one open variant and boxed variant. Haha