confirmed price point

everymoss09

they said the srp is 15 dollars.

i think thats a decent deal, considering the're gonna include baf.

but they better be consistent with the quality though,.

i think extremis IM is a little too small, ... yes i know its suppose to be "slim"

but thats way too small.

ayways, 15 dollars, with baf figure, what do you think?

i think extremis IM is a little too small, ... yes i know its suppose to be "slim"

but thats way too small.

Well its $14.99 SRP, Meaning thats how much they are selling them for. So for retailers to turn a profite they will sell them for a little more. Wal-mart may get a deal because they are every where and sell them around that price give or take a doller. But Toys r us is a different story they will be the price the Iron man armored avengers price is, which currently is $17.99. hopfully Target will carry them also.

no srp is the suggested retail price. not what they are selling them for. retailers will get them at wholesale or even less depending on quantities. i expect there will be some markup. tru and wal mart will probably have them at a higher price than target. maybe we should make plans to send in a lot of hate mail to the coorporate offices of each retailer, instead of complaining about it once they come out.

but thats way too small.

hmmm...if that's what they end up selling for then great. lately TRU has been selling the IM stuff for lik $18 which is crazy (especially without any baf included). Obviously we'd all prefer the lowest price possible. But with lower prices would come lower quality or at least lower quantity (ie variety) of figures. I think $15 is pretty fair.

It's really not a bad price for a figure. The problem comes when you realize that you're buying anywhere from 6 to 8 figures at that price!!! And when they do 3 or 4 waves a year and DC does 3 or 4 a year around that price (and then there's MU, GI Joe, etc....) Dang this gets to be an expensive hobby doesn't it?lol

I wonder how many variants/running changes you are going to need to complete the BAF.

In the first wave you won't need to get any variants (Commander Rogers with Photon Shield and Stealth Iron Man). In fact in wave one you don't even need to Buy Iron Man or Thor to complete the BAF.

Wave 2 you don't need and variants to complete Arin Zola. If you also want to be able to build the Red Skull Zolla which consists of a different head and chest piece then you will need to pic up the variant Madame and variant Wrecking Crew figure, or in essence the two extra figures.

but thats way too small.

Yeah keep in mind the SRP is not necessarily the price you will see them sell for. Good chance you will see stores sell them for the same price you see them sell say DCUC. Hasbro has no control over what price a retailer decides to sell the figure for, they can only make a suggestion hence the suggested retail price or SRP.

Also on Iron Man, it is smaller. It was actually a carry over from the 6" Iron Man series. It's a nice looking figure but it's scale is a bit off from the other ML's, but here is the thing, you don't like it don't buy it. In fact Hasbro has set it up so you don't even need to buy it in order to complete the Build-A-Figure in the wave.

Here is another thing you might want to think about trying. Instead of approaching these things with the attitude like you are owed something which is how I take a statement when I read things like "but they better be consistent with the quality though." Try just enjoying what you get. This is still a mass produced line and I can almost guarantee that not every figure is going to be perfect, and expecting or demanding perfection is only going to lead to letdown and disappointment. As I mentioned before, certainly if you don't like something for whatever reason, no one suggests you buy it but I think if you change your attitude a bit and try to understand the market conditions in which these are sold, then you will have a better chance of actually enjoying these figures and this hobby a bit more. Just a suggestion.

Here is the funny thing. I don't mind the $15 MSRP. I started buying Marvel Legends with the Nemesis wave. I then went back and bought all of the BAF waves on eBay that same year for something like $40-90 per set. FFF was the most expensive at $130. I then bought the Hasbro two-packs and cherry-picked Toy Biz singles that I liked. I have been spending over $10 per figure since I started. I love them and I love what Hasbro is offering.

BTW, I think my shelf has tipped over 50% toward Hasbro figures.

This is still a mass produced line and I can almost guarantee that not every figure is going to be perfect, and expecting or demanding perfection is only going to lead to letdown and disappointment. As I mentioned before, certainly if you don't like something for whatever reason, no one suggests you buy it but I think if you change your attitude a bit and try to understand the market conditions in which these are sold, then you will have a better chance of actually enjoying these figures and this hobby a bit more. Just a suggestion.

Yeah Lets see how every one reacts 5 years from now when the Line could be possibly gone for ever... I bet they will be scrammbling to buy them on ebay for triple what they could have paid for them 5 years prior. Things will more than likely get worse befor they get better.

I wonder how many variants/running changes you are going to need to complete the BAF.

In the first wave you won't need to get any variants (Commander Rogers with Photon Shield and Stealth Iron Man). In fact in wave one you don't even need to Buy Iron Man or Thor to complete the BAF.

Dont forget the other 2 variants in wave 1, SDCC Thor and Orange flame Ghost rider.

I'm pretty sure you have to get the Iron Man to complete the figure, from what I've seen in the panel slide show images the only one who doesn't have a BAF piece is Thor he's the "All Star" figure if you will. Iron Man also has a stealth variant whatever that means.

This was the Toybiz "Stealth" Iron Man. The stealth Iron Men are generally Blue

StealthArmorIMMOC.JPG

oh, and

Mainline characters like Iron Man & Thor in wave one will not have BAF pieces so collectors who don't want to buy these characters again will not need to in order to complete their BAF.

although it would appear from the back of the cards that he does come with some sort of BAF piece :wacko:

I saw the new DC stuff at Target and it was going for only $15 for "Legends" style figures. A much better deal than the $10 they expect you to pay for the JLU style Young Justice figures.

If they can do that with the high quality DC figs then they will probably do that with the ML stuff too. Big box retailers generally stick pretty close to the MSRP, with Walmart and Target usually knocking off a few cents to make it more "their" price style (ie $14.88 at Walmart). It's possible they might mark it UP to $15.88 or $15.97 etc. , but more likely they'll be within a quarter of the MSRP.

btw, I passed on the new Batman stuff, but I gotta say it was tough. They look pretty good. But do I really need another Batman or Joker? I mean, give me somebody I haven't seen in a while at least. Did pick up the 6" Artemis though, (at$20!!!) but passed on Robin cuz he looked retarded or something. If I see another and find out that was a fluke I might get him, but if they all look like that...no way.

But you can bet that I will be getting ALL the ML stuff if it's really $15 a pop. Heck, I'd probably still get most of them at 17 -18 but any higher and I'll be alot more selective with who I pick up, and won't worry about the BAF. So I really hope they stick to that price for at least a few years/waves.

I'm pretty sure you have to get the Iron Man to complete the figure, from what I've seen in the panel slide show images the only one who doesn't have a BAF piece is Thor he's the "All Star" figure if you will. Iron Man also has a stealth variant whatever that means.

This was the Toybiz "Stealth" Iron Man. The stealth Iron Men are generally Blue

StealthArmorIMMOC.JPG

oh, and

Mainline characters like Iron Man & Thor in wave one will not have BAF pieces so collectors who don't want to buy these characters again will not need to in order to complete their BAF.

although it would appear from the back of the cards that he does come with some sort of BAF piece :wacko:

lol I know what a stealth variant is, what I meant was I don't remember ever seeing a stealth version of the extremis Iron Man in the comics but I guess that hasbro figured that painting any IM armor blue and calling it stealth will cause it to sell. lol

Yeah he did. he wore a stealth extremis suit to pay titanuim man off to attack someone with spider-man close by. It was a issue in Amazing spider-man during the Civil War tie in. He also used it in His comic during the civil war. Stan Jr.(I think it was him)took control of some crap in his brain and used him to attack other country's people in high places. and on one issue he used a dark blue suit to sneak in to some War lords home and assasinate him. Booyaka! Booyaka!