SDCC Sentinel

x66

I know this is supposed to be in MU but I am curious how many Marvel Legends fans now have these on the way from either Hasbro or SDCC or Ebay or wherever.

It took me 2 hours just to order 1 today.

I live in Canada so by the time shipping and Brokerage fees were applied it cost me $99.00.

It makes me almost wish they don't make it to the Comic stores etc. for cheaper after paying that much.

Anyways just curious, how well do you think it will fit in with Marvel Legends, I think the Galactus fits in OK, and did you go out of your way to get one or two or three... just because of the color variation?

Will you buy more of the Silver one going to retailers because this one was harder to get?

Personally I think it is crappy the way they have done this but I wanted that figure so bad I had to get at least one.

I think the MU Sent's will fit in with Legends pretty good and I will probably pick up a couple eventually. I have 5 ML Sents and definitely prefer those over the MU ones. The voice chip is a very nice addition to it though. I think in the poll after a couple weeks the split was about 75% of the people that voted prefer the Toybiz Marvel Legends Sentinel.

The Toybiz Sentinel is a very special figure and not one that is easily outdone. The MU Sents are really great figures but in comparison I feel they can't match up. That Toybiz ML Sent was one of the very best figures Toybiz ever made and that is definitely saying a lot. It won't be easy for any company to ever outdo the Toybiz Sentinel. I believe Marvel Selects could outdo them if they wanted to but doubt they will since the amount of materials it would cost to make a Sentinel in MS scale would be crazy.

Long Live TOYBIZ!!!!!!! Hasbro is doing some great stuff these days and half way to redeeming themselves in my eyes but still...

Toybiz 4 LIFE!!!!

i was ordering one today and it took so long to fill out the info to make a stupid account buy the time i was ready to buy it it was sold out. the hasbro site really sucks hah ):

i really hate the silver sentinel . so unless i see it at a comic shop i wont have one hah

Yeah the whole thing with the HTS was pretty ridiculous. I was trying to get a variant Zarana and lost out cause the thing kept timing out on me.

That being said, based on what was said at comic-con, I would say you will see the classic colored Sentinel at retail at some point, it just won't have the cardback like the SDCC version does.

It was a pain in the ass ordering my Sentinel today but at least I got one. I also have 5 ML Sentinels so I LOVE the Toybiz version but I also love the MU version because it looks like the old Sentinels from the Animated Series and comics. I really love the sound effects, voice and light up eyes that the new version has so I'm excited about that.

That being said I despise the grey retail version with passion. I understand why Hasbro did this because they wanted people to buy the SDCC purple version like crazy and I expect them to release a purple version at retail next year. I bought the Comic Con version because I want to keep it MOC next to my Comic Con Galactus so those bastards better release a purple Sentinel some time at retail. I guess I'll buy a couple Grey Sentinels when I hit Toys R Us sometime in the next month or so but if they had the purple at retail right now I'd buy 5-10 just because it won't be a pain in the ass to get like the Toybiz Sentinel was in my area. I'm a huge army builder so having an army of Sentinels would make my day and make my girlfriend's nightmare.

Yep I was able to get 2 of the SDCC exclusive ones from HTS on Tuesday (they haven't shipped yet though so hopefully nothing gets messed up). I might buy a couple more at retail when I see them. Especially if they get clearanced. We'll have a way better chance of finding Galactus at clearance though. No one wants multiples of him but everyone wants lots of Sentinels.

I think they will fit in with MLs well. I also have the MU Galactus as well as the ML Galactus and Sentinel. It depends what you like. Toy Biz has great paint apps and articulation, Hasbro has mass and bulk to the figures. I also buy the Gigantic Battle figures to go with my ML's - will probably never see Goliath or a Frost Giant for the ML line, so why not? I got myself one SDCC Sentinel from HTS and one Silver one from TRU. I'm going to just be happy we continue to get large figures from Hasbro, no matter what the color or line.

you know, I have seen some seriously expensive collectibles done by some comparatively small companies. There are "action figures" (they really look like highly articulate Barbies) that go for around $100 and up but they look pretty cool. I can't imagine that Hasbro couldn't do some serious business if they made a Sentinel in ML or even MS scale/style. Sure, they'd have to charge at least $100 (more likely $200) for a good Select Sentinel and the production would be limited to a very small percentage of what the rest of the MS lines do. But I would be willing to bet that they would sell out every single one of those suckers pretty quickly. You know there are at least 5k people who actually have the money and are willing to shell out $100, $150, or even $200 for a Sentinel that really goes with their Select figures. So a limited production of 5k would drive the price up but there would still be enough people who would get it and Hasbro would profit.

I guess it depends upon how that figure would use up resources that could be used for a larger market but smaller scale figure though. I figure one MS Sentinel would use up resources that could be used for close to 50 MU figures. So maybe it's not worth the trade off to Hasbro to try something like that.

EDIT: oh, and in answer to your question...I did manage to snag a couple Sentinels the other day. But one will likely stay MOC (whichever looks best when they come). The other "might" get let out to play....but I'll probably wait to see if they make more at retail and to see if any of my friends missed out on the SDCC version.