Marvel Select vs Marvel Legends

Spideydammage

I never owned ML until I bought a series 6 Wolverine and a Select Sabertooth for my B day I spent

40 for Victor Creed and 60 for the Wolvie and didn't even like MU do to the size but after 3 months of toy hunting and collecting MU is dope in its own way just like ML which are obviously the best and as far as Select only a couple are AMAZING Juggernaut Sabertooth thats only my opinion

The best advise is get what you can afford and what you like and you'll be alright thats what I learned from past collectors and most important personal experience

good luck this board is filled with good and bad people I've been on here 6 days and already traded for 3 figures I would never find at the store and I hate ordering online do to you never know what you are going to get.

If you wanna trade with me HOLLA

I like both of them a lot but I would definitely have to say that if I could only collect 1 it would be Marvel Legends. In terms of articulation and scale I like Marvel Legends Much much more. Marvel select have some amazing figures too like the gambit, juggernaut, hulks, and plenty of others I can't think of off hand. Marvel Legends on the other hand though have a good portion of the Marvel Universe in figure form. ML really have some amazing figures. The ML Sentinels are just outstanding, the juggernaut is my favorite 6 inch figure, face off captain america, face off hulk, ares, foom, and so many more I won't even get into.

Overall I have to give it to ML figs but if MS released more figures they could definitely make a case for being the better line. Right now they just don't put out enough product for my tastes. Even though ML figs stopped cold turkey for years they have released in total probably about 10 times what MS figures have. Toybiz ML 4 life!

I like both of them a lot but I would definitely have to say that if I could only collect 1 it would be Marvel Legends. In terms of articulation and scale I like Marvel Legends Much much more. Marvel select have some amazing figures too like the gambit, juggernaut, hulks, and plenty of others I can't think of off hand. Marvel Legends on the other hand though have a good portion of the Marvel Universe in figure form. ML really have some amazing figures. The ML Sentinels are just outstanding, the juggernaut is my favorite 6 inch figure, face off captain america, face off hulk, ares, foom, and so many more I won't even get into.

Overall I have to give it to ML figs but if MS released more figures they could definitely make a case for being the better line. Right now they just don't put out enough product for my tastes. Even though ML figs stopped cold turkey for years they have released in total probably about 10 times what MS figures have. Toybiz ML 4 life!

Couldn't agree more

For me it's pretty much Legends all the way. They have far superior articulation. With Select you never know what you are going to get. For instance, I got the recent Classic Thor and his leg articulation is ridiculously bad. The way they gave him double jointed knees but no hip ball joint or even thigh cuts makes his legs virtually unposeable. He might as well be a statue from the waist down.

However, there are a few MS figures that are definitely worth picking up, that also work well together with ML figs. Such as Thanos, The Watcher and Juggernaut. As for the mainstream Marvel characters such as Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, etc., I'd definitely go with Legends.

Here are a few suggestions for the best of Legends...

Captain America (Face-Off Series 1)

Daredevil (SMC-6, Face Off Series 1 or Hasbro Nemesis Series)

Spider-Man (Snap-Shot, Fearsome Foes or McFarlane)

Wolverine (ML-6)

Thor (Giant-Man Series)

Iron Man (Hasbro 2-packs Series 2)

Hulk (Hasbro Fan Choice 2-pack)

What do you guys think about mixing Marvel Legends & Select? I'm trying to put together a Heroic Avengers team and was wondering whether to get the old Toy Biz Hawkeye, or the new Marvel Select one. Do they mix well, is it just down to individual figures b/c of scale discrepencies? I like Legends better overall because of the artic, but I want the best I can get overall.

As far as range and selection of characters go, Legends is better just because it's been around longer and many of the other lines (FF Classics, X-Men Classics, Spider-Man Classics) are in scale and offer a broader selection of characters. Plus, in terms of princing, Legends tend to be a little cheaper.

What I've done, and think is best, is to get "normal" sized characters (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc..) in Legends, and go with Select for the "bigger" characters (Juggernaut, Hulk, Thor...) since those tend to be in scale with Legends.

If you were to give a list of what characters you're interested in, I'd love to give you a list of what I think is the "definitive" version of each, Legends or select.

What do you guys think about mixing Marvel Legends & Select? I'm trying to put together a Heroic Avengers team and was wondering whether to get the old Toy Biz Hawkeye, or the new Marvel Select one. Do they mix well, is it just down to individual figures b/c of scale discrepencies? I like Legends better overall because of the artic, but I want the best I can get overall.

For Hawkeye, you need to go Legends (unfortunate that it's so expensive). The select version will just be too big. Mixing Select and Legends tends to work best when you're using Select for bigger characters.

Here are a few suggestions for the best of Legends...

Captain America (Face-Off Series 1)

Daredevil (SMC-6, Face Off Series 1 or Hasbro Nemesis Series)

Spider-Man (Snap-Shot, Fearsome Foes or McFarlane)

Wolverine (ML-6)

Thor (Giant-Man Series)

Iron Man (Hasbro 2-packs Series 2)

Hulk (Hasbro Fan Choice 2-pack)

I mostly agree with the exception of your Hulk choice. I'm more fond of the Face-Off Hulk from Toy-Biz. The only use I found for the Hasbro 2-pack Hulk is to square-off against the Red Hulk BAF.

What do you guys think about mixing Marvel Legends & Select? I'm trying to put together a Heroic Avengers team and was wondering whether to get the

old Toy Biz Hawkeye, or the new Marvel Select one. Do they mix well, is it just down to individual figures b/c of scale discrepencies? I like Legends better overall because of the artic, but I want the best I can get overall.

The best selects that go with legends to me are Sabertooth and Juggernaut Magneto aswell

I forgot about Thanos he's also cool

But like I said before your its all up to you

In summation;

Select for a well adhered scale, Legends for dynamic poses and variety... I love setting up dioramas, so Legends all the way for me! That's not to say I don't still need; Thanos, Watcher and that awesome Juggernaut?! (SMC & TBML were just off?)

anyone have pics of marvel select cloak and dagger displayed with similar scaled legends (spiderman). Im afraid they are too big and will look awkward next to my marvel legends.

Ebay028.jpg

Here ya go! The Watcher is also in the shot.

I think some of the Select figures work great with ML (Cloak and Dagger, the Watcher, Thanos, Mephisto, Anti-Venom, the Skrull and Brood 2-pack). To me these work because they don't need as much articulation.