Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends

bman

Hi everyone, most prolly dont know me as I'm usually in the back ground. But I have been collecting forever and I thought since I am I in Hong Kong I will show u photos of the new line and try to give u all an unbiased review. Sorry my camera is charging atm so u will have to do with photos from my crappy phone. I got wave 1 today and have looked at most of them and will start off with my fav Extremis Iron Man. I can confirm the rumors of 3 varients. Actually I will charge my camera now so I hope I can take pics for u all. See you all soon with pics I hope! Sorry cannot find the right USB cord for my phone so i will try to get the pics up asap. Also I can confirm that there are 3 varients. Btw I paid $1300 HK which is abt $160 US of my case but I got the case with all 3 variants and an extra Extremis Iron Man.

1. Stealth Iron Man

2. Orange Flame Ghost Ride

3. Steve Rodgers w/ Transparent Shield

post-2404-1326657032_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1326657048_thumb.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok well I've looked through most of them now, the ones that are the weaekst are Constrictor and Klaw. I think that Constrictor is the old bullseye mold but i'm too tired to pull it out to compare. AS for Klaw, hes God F-ugly. He looks a cheap P.O.S. at first glance. I'm so disappointed in him I may not even open him. As for Steve Rogers its a totally new mold and from what I can see they are trying to do the hidden articulation that is present in Extremis. Hope looks good too for the most part. Ghost Rider looks bad ass, to bad theres no cycle this time. God Klaw should never have been made - he looks that bad. As for Thor I'm sure u have all seen the other review and this is just a repaint. But he is BIG - hes' on par with my Select Thor. Just a quick few first thoughts.

Sadly, we all knew that Scale would be an issue. It was an issue with Toy Biz as well, just not this bad.

The Iron Men (all by Hasbro) as small. The Klaw is horrendous, and while I love Thor, he may be too big.

However, I will get them all ... even Klaw and Hope! Got to build Terrax, man.

Now on wave 2, I will be selective.

Tell us about the tales of Terrax, please, Bham

Wow, Iron Man is extremely skinny... there is suppose to be a man inside the armor, does Hasbro realize this?

Hasbro seems to struggle with Iron Man. The new is too skinny and short to reasonably hold Stark inside. Also thinking about the Iron Man/Maria Hill pack which had swappable heads. There is no way that helmet could hold Tony's head and they were packed together. Think the figure looks good though just too small.

make a new Doom for this line and I will be semi happy.

There are two ways in which I wouldn't mind a new Doom. House of M Doom to help round out the Fearsome 4 or Future Foundation Doom, in his whitish-green grab. Regular Doom is not anything I'd like to see in the near future when there are so many other characters not yet immortalized in plastic. Additionally, figures that are awful and in dire need of an update. The two previous Legends Doom are decent figures.

A new/better Doom would be nice - maybe one that shows real PRESENCE and has decent articulation - like the way they have the new IM sculpt's tricky articulation. i think that'd work nicely on a new Doom...

However... i'd like to see more NEW characters than resculpts/redos. So maybe throw Doom on the backburner for a later time when they're struggling for ideas.