Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends

bman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No New Doom! I have 2 of them and the second one is working just fine. What isnt working fine is rogue. She has the face of a dead tranny.

I second that. We need a new Rogue. I would like to see her classic green/yellow with leather jacket or the new green and white with the X across the chest.

I agree with this. but give her a new costume. I find it amazing that both Rogue and Storm are the most popular X-men yet they only get a second thought for figures.

Dont any of you have the X-men Classics Legends Rogue? I think that one is an awesome figure in terms of looks wise. Looks like Michelle Pfeiffer in her prime. The other Rogue looks like she's working on 5th.

I have that Rogue. Definitely better than the old box-set one. Eugh! Wonder what a head-swap would've looked like btw the two...

We don't need new figures that were alredy re-done like Doom, and better. Ronan BAF Doom is the best Doom, big, one type of green, cool and with removable mask showing a really scarred face. If you want a FF Doom, customize it.

The only repeated figures we need are the ones that need to be better, like Emma Frost (the one shown at SDCC 2011 is perfect), Mr. Fantastic (with a better head), Black Cat, Scarlet Witch. For other repeated character, they would be with modern look, Cage, Hawkeye, Venom, etc.

The 2006 X-men Classics Rogue still looks cool, as I really liked the Blue and Red Costume she wore during the X-Treme X-men time. Wish I had that figure.

In reguards to the whole "Should Dr. Doom be in the line or not", well, I can see Hasbro putting him in because he's 1 of the major baddies of the Marvel Universe. I wouldn't mind if they re-released Doom that came in Hasbro's ML Fantastic 4 Wave years ago, but I think they should either this time give him a cloth cape(So that he can sit down on a throne or something, and not have to worry about the cape affecting the figure's joints. I mean, I love Hasbro's ML Icons Doom cause of his cloth cape, and the poses he can do), and/or re-release in an 2 pack or something. In terms of 2 packs, he can either come with Silver Surfer(Since Doom has time and again stolen the Surfer's powers. Even have the Surfer come with Cosmic Engery blasts that can also be held by Doom), Mole Man(Another hard to find figure from the ML F4 wave, as well as gives us a F4 Villian/Rulers of Kingdoms 2 pack theme), or Namor(Another Rulers Of Kingdom 2 pack theme, espeically since both are rulers, don't like Mr. Fantastic, and they from time to time make deals that benifit each other's countries). But if they decide to do Doom as a single card, either with a cloth cape, in his Future Foundation costume, or in the Secret Wars costume, just to make it different from the pervious ML F4 wave release. Either way, if you already got Doom, you could always use the extra 1 as a Doombot disguised as Doom.

Back on topic, I plan on getting Hope, Thor, Variant Shield Rogers, Blue Ghost Rider, and Stealth Iron Man(While never in the comics, still a cool looking concept for this verison of the armor. Plus, pervious toys have been done before on it). That said, if I ever find the Marvel Select Stealth Iron Man at a good price, I may pick that up instead of this ML verison. Not worry about Regular Rogers, Regular Iron Man, and Orange Ghost Rider. Not overly concerned about Klaw or Constructor, and the BAF is neat, but I've never been a sucker in buying all figures just to complete another figure, unless of course I find the figures I wasn't too interested in at a really dirt cheap/clearence price(Like I did with the ToyBiz Mojo wave. Still the only BAF concept wave from any line I've ever completed, only cause I found a bunch of the figures I wasn't too insterested in for around $4 each). Otherwise, I just buy what I like. I can also see them re-releasing Terrax in a 2 pack down the road as well, similar to how the Red Hulk scuplt was later used in the 2010 TRU Exclusive ML 2 packs.

There never was a X-Treme Nightcrawler or Beast.

None of these are Xtreme looks:

Stealth Beast

Tech Gear Beast

Ultimate Nightcrawler

ah ok I stand corrected but there was an Xtreme Wolvie and you never know they might give us more Xtreme figs in the future. Regardless that is still a beautiful figure. I'll include it in a pic for comparison wise and so you can all be reminded of her beauty :D

As a huge Rogue fan I'd be more than happy for Hasbro to do another Rogue! The current green and white or the green and yellow with the long black coat from her solo series would be just dandy by me!

Personally I don't see a need to re-do Doom, but I'd be quite happy for them to have an additional "non-BAF part" slot for a rerelease of an older figure in each wave, like the Thor here in Wave 1 or the All Star figures in DC Universe Classics CnC waves. There are a lot of great older figures that fans just getting into the line now would appreciate getting, it would save development resources for more newer figures and by not having a BAF part it becomes a non-essential item for existing collectors. Pop a Deadpool (either from the X-Force Warpath 2-pack or the old ToyBiz version) in or rerelease Ronan series Doom in the same slot. I would think it's be better than having to scrape for obscure variants of the big names all the time - how much longer before we see Fighting Chance Armor Cap at this rate, eh? Actually, that might be kinda cool in a kitsch way...