Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends

bman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned above, the variants are 1/4 cases. So far, Ive seen the figures at three different TRUs, but no variants. Two regular Iron Mans are already warming the pegs. Been there three days in a row now. Im hoping the variants will be easier find when the figures hit Walmart and Target.

I've seen that number floating around. Where did that info come from?

This is by now means scientific but currently here are whats on ebay (not including if sellers have multiples, just a rough idea)

Iron man- Stealth- 23; Regular- 12 completed listings show a bit more regulars

rogers variant 14; 9 regular

Ghost rider about 50/50

1/4 or not looks like you have a very good chance of getting either/both versions

E-mailed BBTS today to check on the status of my pre-order. Customer service responded and stated that they had received a partial shipment, expected more, and did not know when they would come. Great, with my luck they'll arrive mid-summer.

Can you tell me their e-mail please

Cancelled my BBTS order. Found what I needed at 2 Targets in close proximity to each other. Thanks mostly to the dpi number that was posted in one of these forums. In both cases they were brought out of the back when I gave them the number. One had a case that was already gone through with a reg. Iron Man. The next one had a unopened one and it had 2 stealth IMs, 1 clear shield Rogers and 1 orange Ghost Rider. Judging by this and the fact that there is only 8 in a case. What you end up with depends on which case the store gets. Just have to go find a blue Ghost Rider. And that number is 087-06-2403.

is anyone else having trouble with Hope holding her gun? the supporting hand is no problem, but the trigger hand will not stay on the grip. i had to use a twist tie and wrap it around the stock and her hand so that she would hold the gun.

I got mine to hold it ok by having the right hand on the trigger and raised a little bit higher than the left hand.

Hi, I'm new here but have been watching the forums for years now. Basically, I'm happy to see something new from ML. Of course there's gonna be a lotta complaints from hardcore TB fans but it is what it is. TB was much more considerate of the fans while Hasbro's much more interested in profits.

What I do like is that Hasbro looks to be doing with ML what it's done with MU, which is take a page out of the Mattel handbook and streamline the amount of sculpts they use and using add on parts to make them a little more unique. The problem I have is with the sculpts they are using. Looks like they are using the Jonny Storm/Klaw sculpt as the standard "skinny" frame, the same old Bullseye/Constrictor sculpt as the medium/fit frame, the Shield/Rogers sculpt as the large/fit frame and the Warpath/Bulldozer sculpt as the X-Large/Muscular frame, while using the BAF concept for the much larger or more custom shaped figures. This is more cost effective and makes it much easier to produce a much larger array of redo's and obscure characters similar to the DC Universe line.

I'm pretty happy with the way they are using the large and X-large sculpts but as far as I'm concerned they could have made much better choices for the skinny and medium sculpts. Assuming Hasbro purchased or acquired rights to all TB's exhisting molds they had far better options. For the skinny frame they should have used either the Spider-Man mold from the "Spider-Man Legends" line or better yet, what about that Nightcrawler sculpt from the ML series 9? That was such an amazing looking figure whose mold was never seen again. For the medium scupt they could have used the Iron Fist sculpt with some minor modifications on the shoulder joints or better yet I've seen the Sanjay Dutt figure from TB's TNA Wrestling line use in quite a few custom ML figures and have used it myself. As they stand now the Klaw figure is just way to scrawney and the Constrictor figure is too damn plain looking and at one time, for whatever reasons, the Bullseye sculpts legs wer shortened and thinned down for use in the Spider-Man toy line and they were never returned to thier original state resulting in the feet looking way to large and has been pointed out in many figures it has since been used.

Like I said, I'm just happy to have new ML and it looks like Hasbro's finally identified that a wider variety of characters is going to be the way to move the product line in the right direction, but I think Hasbro's failing to utilize the full potential they have in hand. Honestly, if not for the BAF pieces I could have completely passed on the Klaw and Iron Man figs just for the simple scale problem. As of now, neither will have a place in my display area, but I can sure find a spot for my Terrax figure which was actually amazing.

On a last note, I'd like to point out Hasbro's annoying and troubleing trend of using only one sculpt for any and all female figs. Though currently there are very few products or pics to base any assumptions on it looks like they may be moving that direction in the new ML line. If that's the case that would be a very weak move on Hasbro's part and IMO a sales killing move at that. Something to think about Hasbro, women come in all different sizes too.