Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends

bman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did anyones wave 2 from hts ship yet? maybe not til tuesday because of presidents day?

Are they starting to ship already? BBTS is still predicting March sometime.

yes HTS has shipped them already. I'm getting them Wednesday.

I was never able to get them at the Hasbro Toy Shop. So I just headed to BBTS and am hoping they ship soon.

Wave 2 hit my local WM today. Just like the first wave, mostely variants. Madame Hydra, Maskless Daken, Piledriver (which is awesome, btw) and FF Spidey. Also saw a Cap fig with clear shield but not sure its a variant or mistake. Passed on it either way. Didnt find Fantomex or Drax. Great idea Hasbro, but damn you, I have to have em all. Actually, I'll probably pass on BT Spidey (wasn't a cool concept to begin with) and not too sure I can't do without masked Daken either (just looks like another Wolverine).

Wave 2 hit my local WM today. Just like the first wave, mostely variants. Madame Hydra, Maskless Daken, Piledriver (which is awesome, btw) and FF Spidey. Also saw a Cap fig with clear shield but not sure its a variant or mistake. Passed on it either way. Didnt find Fantomex or Drax. Great idea Hasbro, but damn you, I have to have em all. Actually, I'll probably pass on BT Spidey (wasn't a cool concept to begin with) and not too sure I can't do without masked Daken either (just looks like another Wolverine).

Where r u located Iron?

Where r u located Iron?

North Texas area. It's worth noting that there is a nearby WM distribution center and we seem to get the jump on a lot of items sometimes long before other general populations. Also, when series one first showed it looks like it was in very limited quantities, one or two cases, mostly variants, which sold very quickly. I've only now been able to complete my collection with non-variant Ghost Rider, Rogers & IM when the shelves were stocked with larger quantities, but with this restock of series one came the limited quantities of wave 2 as i previously mentioned. I'm actually a fan of the whole overlapping series thing Hasbro does with MU so I hope this is a trend that follows ML. It makes it a bit easier for completist such as myself.

Did anyone happen to catch the retail pics of wave 2 on the news page? I have most of the figs so I've done similar comparisons. For the most part I'm pretty happy with the scale the figs are in. I'm not sure why there are so many complaints about Thor's size. Next to Rogers he looks similar to the way he'p portrayed in the comics. Similarly I like the way Bucky Cap compares to Rogers. In the comic, especially by better artists such as Yu and Ching, Bucky Cap is portrayed as substantially smaller than Rogers. Line em all up and they are pretty comic accurate. I think what's throwing the whole image off is the completely inaccurate scale the Extremis IM figure was made in. I've gotta believe Hasbro's looking at that and hopefully they address the issue in the future. Perhaps in a two pack or maybe the next wave of the Iron Man line or maybe the Avengers movie line will have comic versions similar to the Captain America and Thor movie lines. The thing I'm worried about is the upcoming U.S. Agent figure. It's common knowledge that he's actually quite a bit bigger in stature than Rogers yet it looks like they are using the Bucky sculpt as the base for the fig. Hopefully this is something they catch before they release the line to retail.

got my wave 1 from bbts. i must say that i am glad hasbro turned the wheel and did some great marvel legends figures again. sadly i got the variant wave. its like always if i want to get variants it is impossible, now comes a wave where i dont want the variants and bam i get them all. yeah well they still have some flaws but what is marvel legends without them, lol. i just hope that this silver surfer body sculp isnt reused again. iron man should be way taller but the figure is so awesome. i love them all. i just need a blue flamed ghost rider and a red iron man now.

• 1 month later...
Can't wait for wave 3. They should be out here in Hong Kong around end of June is what I'm hearing.

Wow, before SDCC? That's a surprise, that could mean Hasbro might *cough*should*cough* release some info about them in the near future. Awesome!

Well that's just according to my source. They could be wrong but so far I think the dates that I've gotten have been spot on. If you remember back when I did the review on HRoML Wave 1 I said that we'd get info on these in April and lucky it wasn't an April's Fool lol but most of their dates were spot on. I also said when you guys got wave 1 Stateside that wave 2 was already finished and waiting for the final sign off to ship and it shipped almost same time as wave 1. So I'm trusting my sources for the moment.

Can't wait for wave 3. They should be out here in Hong Kong around end of June is what I'm hearing.

Wow, before SDCC? That's a surprise, that could mean Hasbro might *cough*should*cough* release some info about them in the near future. Awesome!

No not Before SDCC, right at SDCC. Dudes in Hong Kong, he said End of JUNE. Meaning we always get stuff state side about a month later. SDCC is mid July if this is true it will coincide with the timing of SDCC Perfectly.

No not Before SDCC, right at SDCC. Dudes in Hong Kong, he said End of JUNE. Meaning we always get stuff state side about a month later. SDCC is mid July if this is true it will coincide with the timing of SDCC Perfectly.

i know hasbro did that on an earlier wave. it was at the pegs right when sdcc started. i remember reports all over here. would be great but i dont really like it when i have to get all these great exclusives from sdcc and then an entire wave pops up. still great news.