Bullseye Sculpt Reuse

Professor

I just watched Solidsnake's review for Constrictor and I thought I share my thoughts and open up debate regarding the Bullseye sculpt usage.

I hate the use of the Bullseye sculpt on Hasbro's figures. Its not because I dislike how the sculpt looks. I think it is very versatile and suits many, many characters. I dislike it because on just about every Hasbro Legends figure I've gotten that uses it it is loose and the joints don't ever seem to stay in place. My Quicksliver, Nova, Guardian, and Yellowjacket all seem to suffer this flaw, especially at the ab crunch. In fact the ab crunch on Quicksilver, Nova, and Guardian is so loose that its hard to keep the figure from leaning forward. The shoulder, chest expansion part always seems to be a bit loose as well.

Therefore I'm very wary of the sculpt and hesitate to purchase figures displaying that specific frame. Its not that I think its a bad sculpt and I'm not opposed to reusing sculpts (as long as its appropriate for the character) its that the joints seem "worn" as if the overuse of the sculpt has caused the parts to not come out right or something.

So what are other thoughts from around the web?

I love the bullseye sculpt but hate every re-molded version of it. It lost all the shape and details since Havok & Captain Marvel. When I have customs that use need that frame, I only use Bullseye bodies and none of the re-molds.

EXACTLY!

somehow the mold got ruined when they went to reuse it. I hate how the muscles got all angled and lost all of the detail. It sucks. They need to stop using it completely and go with another good buck body

if they keep the cost down companies will use the same mold as much as they can.

As for the Bullseye mold. I think it's the best mold for alot of characters. I think they should keep using it until they come up with a extremely better mold.

plus this thing about them using new mold for every character they can is just pure stupidity. It cost to much and it will effect the sale price and doom the line.

I say keep using the molds but make sure they make sense.

I have no problems with molds/sculpts being reused, if it is appropriate and the mold/sculpt is in good working order. My problem with the Bullseye was looseness of the joints. I think the sculpt is good and appropriate for quite a few characters. If the joint issues have been resolved than great I won't be as hesitant to purchase figures using that sculpt. I do like where Hasbro is going with the reuse of molds/sculpts with the addition of sculpted elements such as vests, boots, etc. If it can keep costs down I'm excited.

Hopefully, the sculpting of heads, hands, and other accessories will keep good sculptors to work.

I would like to note that the Bullseye frame is too large for Spider-man in my opinion and wish we could have had a more traditional Spidey base use for Big Time/FF.

I love the bullseye sculpt but hate every re-molded version of it. It lost all the shape and details since Havok & Captain Marvel. When I have customs that use need that frame, I only use Bullseye bodies and none of the re-molds.

Agreed. Keep the mold (and all it's great articulation) but bring back the details and shapliness please. Like others, I think it's a great mold for many standard-sized 'average' proportioned characters. And it does keep costs down in the age of skyrocketing petrol prices. Use it intelligently.

Oh, and yes, take the Hasbro Silver Surfer/Vision/Klaw mold out into the woods and lose it!

Well its not that bad, could be worse everyone, it could be like DCU where almost all bodies are the same :smile:

I don't mind when they reuse the bodies when they actually make sense. (DCUC is stupid because they barely have any different bodies and you get guys that are way too muscular and they all look the same).

but like I said earlier, the bullseye body is ruined. It's not good anymore and they should stop using it. Not because there have been lots of figures on it, but because the mold sucks now. Go look at a Toybiz Bullseye figure, and then look at the "same" body on a figure like Nova. It has lost all the quality and detail.

IMG_3819__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_7831__scaled_600.jpg

Bullseye was good

Havok was still good

Captain Marvel is pretty good

MoonKnight is good

Then Hasbro gets the mold and their first use is Quicksilver and Yellowjacket (I think), and they suck. Somehow the mold got screwed up by Hasbro and every use of it since then stinks.

I actually don't mind the mold reuse but most of the time they screw it up, for example Constrictor having the belt sculpted in the figure because of the reuse. As for the mold itself I still like it, I used to love it in fact Bullseye is one of my favorite figures but somewhere along the line the mold lost its appeal to the point that when someone first mentioned a Hasbro figure using the Bullseye mold I went like really? and I proceeded to look at my Bullseye figure for good long while wondering what went wrong with the mold.