MARVEL LEGENDS BLADE BIG DISAPOINTMENT!

SolidSnakeInMyPants

I gotta go with Solid on this one, yes we already knew there was some body reuse involved but I for one didn't expect so obvious as it to be Winter Blade. I think the worst part is the chest piece that's what really throws it off for me. For me this looks too much like the movie Blade, which kind of bothers me since I didn't get the previous Blade figure precisely for this reason, because I wanted a more comic accurate one and this one looks like Blade 3 with a spectacular head sculpt. Of course this could be all for naught since this could be a prototype to be changed later but for now I'm going with body change but keep that awesome head sculpt.

yeah i hoped for a better blade to. headsculpt is just perfect but the body armor is just lame. this constant reuse of everything will kill it one more time if you ask me. where are the new characters anyway??? its all like old news to me. when is wave 3 coming anyway? october, november? they didnt even showed the complete wave. so sdcc will show the complete wave and the release will be by the end of the year i bet. us agent is awesome but blade could be way better then this.

I really do not like to make a finale assesment until I have the actual finished figure in my hands. I like the Head Sculpt, Weapons, and black on red Coat. On the Flip Side I dont like the Huge Coller on this coat for Blade, and the Chest piece should have been Different than another Figure. I do agree that is a Stupid choice. I guess I would have to say I am on the Fence with this one. Will I buy this figure due to a chest piece? Hell Yes, I want the build a figure.

post-23526-1329059854_thumb.jpg

I'm with Riddick. I recall a Q&A sometime last year, maybe SDCC, and they said that they were done with those hip joints because it wasn't kid friendly and no body liked them basically. They then said that they were going to basically convert the molds so that they all had them. That, and add in ankle rockers to all of them too. It applied to all the waved excluding the first one, at least, that's what they said.

I think it's perfect for Blade. He doesn't need changing.

I agree, he looks great regard less of reusing old parts.

Look here are the facts all toy companies reuse parts it's just makes sense if they did not they would have to charge a lot more and or go out of business. Also the new marvel legends feel like they use a diluted plastic, they are lighter and they have clunkier joints when compared to the old MLs, but they look great and so far have not broke from posing.

We probably will never get back to the time when MLs were big, solid hard plastic, smooth joints, large scale , and multiple accessories. One improvement that has gone up instead of down is the paint quality, and face sculpts. Good example is the old toy biz black widow was made of a strong hard plastic but the sculpt and paint was crap, the new hasbro two pack is perfect with the only down side is being the plastic and less joints.

I do like the head sculpt. Looks like Hasbro's made a real effort to improve on them, especially the women, if anyone noticed the awesome job they did on Hope. Anyway hopefully they catch up with the heads by getting better on the body sculpts as well, and hopefully that's just the prototype. If Hasbro's shown us anything in the past the final product is usually a little better than the prototype. C'mon Hasbro, the least you can do is a new chest plate.