Best Spiderman To Buy

damprime

I need some help here. I'm in the process of finishing a custom and realized that out of all the MLs I have there's no Spidey in his regular costume. All I have is a black one from the Rulk series. There are so many out there. But I want just one with superb ariculation but looks just as good. Even if it's from the earlier toybiz movie line. I was looking at one of those. What do you guys think?

The most popular one seems to be from the ToyBiz spiderman classics series 12 aka the McFarlane (JScottCampbell) Spider-man. Another favorite is the "snap shot" spiderman from Toybiz as well.

It might be hard to find the SMC12 spiderman as prices for him have skyrocketed. There was a cheaper Hasbro repaint that was red/black paint instead of classic red/blue.

Here's a good article comparing some of the best spiderman figures:

http://spideywebtoys.blogspot.com/2007/04/...an-figures.html

The New Spider-Man Classic Heroes 6" figures from Hasbro that are still available in store now actually have a very nice new mold. They are a little shorter than the ToyBiz ones but actually more in scale (isn't Peter Parker is like 5'9" and not 6' like all the other Super Heroes). I also like the Movie Spider-Man from the first Movie if you are going to the realistic look

The most popular one seems to be from the ToyBiz spiderman classics series 12 aka the McFarlane (JScottCampbell) Spider-man. Another favorite is the "snap shot" spiderman from Toybiz as well.

It might be hard to find the SMC12 spiderman as prices for him have skyrocketed. There was a cheaper Hasbro repaint that was red/black paint instead of classic red/blue.

Here's a good article comparing some of the best spiderman figures:

http://spideywebtoys.blogspot.com/2007/04/...an-figures.html

Thanks for the link. I found it interesting. I missed the first McFarlane version in blue, but I've always thought about painting my Hasbro version to the appropriate colors.

I have the fearsome foes set, and I'm a fan of that Spidey even moreso, I think. It might just be because that's the version I have.

I think I have the fearsome foes one. Got it for like a buck at a thriftstore.. lol. Paint is worn and it's loose but it was pretty cool to find one for that cheap

thats how most of them were any way, black lines all fadded in certain spots, I have like three of them and I just swap out the heads for better ones...many to choose from. I also changed the hands to web shooter hands on one.

I always liked the Fearsome Foes Spider-Man, why? Because it has all the articulation (mold) of McFarlane Spider-Man, but the head is more classic.

Another Spider-Man I want to buy is the one of Spider-Man Classics Series 1. I don't really like/want to buy the Snap and Shot Spider-Man because, although the articulation, I don't like the shoulders, they are like many other Marvel Legends (like Deadpool's), to wide!

Finally, there's this guy. Super Strength Spider-Man. He's got a very nice current look to him. He's very poseable, but his only drawback are his sculpted hand. The only poses his hands can perform are open hand and web-shooting.

SpiderMan1.jpg

I replaced his hands from those of an old Snap-Shot Spidey figure and I like him much better that way. Definitely one of my top three favorite "classic" Spider-Man figures.

Electro39.jpg

Electro63.jpg

Any of these would be a great choice.

for me, my 3 faves are: Snap Shot Spidey - yeah the shoulders are out there, but the muscle tone is right and he can form FISTS!!!

Fearsome Foes Spidey - super-poseable, just a tad too slim

Aeriel Spider-Man from the 2nd Movie: an awesome figure that has articulation, a great body sculpt, and I love the costume detail, and no action features to get in the way

Finally, there's this guy. Super Strength Spider-Man. He's got a very nice current look to him. He's very poseable, but his only drawback are his sculpted hand. The only poses his hands can perform are open hand and web-shooting.

SpiderMan1.jpg

I replaced his hands from those of an old Snap-Shot Spidey figure and I like him much better that way. Definitely one of my top three favorite "classic" Spider-Man figures.

Electro39.jpg

Electro63.jpg

Any of these would be a great choice.

when and where did you get this guy, what series??

Really, now I want to buy Super-Strenght Spider-Man, it very similar to Caselli's Spider-Man... there's a rumor that figure was based in David Finch's Spider-Man

when and where did you get this guy, what series??

Super Strenght Spider-Man is from The Amazing Spider-Man series, wave 1 (wave 16, continued from Spider-Man Classics)

Database entry here

• 4 years later...

Been a long time lurker. Sorry to be digging up an old thread but since the reveal of Spidey in MCU some weeks back I have been struck by this fever.

And since this thread has no update since Pizza Spidey I thought I might just bump it with my latest blog post about the comic Spidey action figures that I like best.

http://spideywebtoys.blogspot.com/2016/03/spider-man-action-figure-guide.html

Many thanks to MarvelousNews database for most of the pictures! Love this site!

Let me know what you think!

• 5 months later...