Iron Spider

FrankCastle

Hey Guys..

So Iron Spider is one of my favorite adaptations of Spidey in the comics. It just worked with his fighting style and you really felt like you were watching a spider in action. That being said I have wanted to get a 6" figure but never knew which was the best quality wise. The one on pegs right now is downright cheap looking. I was looking at maybe getting the "Origins" one. I really like the Metallic gold and maroon look as opposed to the brighter yellow. What do you guys recommend and what is a good price to pay? Thanks

At one time I had all the hasbro ones, the one on the pegs, the clear variant, and the origins metallic one, I only Keep the origins one. It is ok but it has no ankle articulation which is essentail for any spiderman figure, also the metallic paint also chips and you can see the grey metallic paint underneath. So you cant pose him well or over use the joints. Also the 3 spider-claws on his back are not painted they are just a flat yellow. You may also consider the Marvel Selects one wich is the coolest looking one but might be to big and cant do many poses.

At one time I had all the hasbro ones, the one on the pegs, the clear variant, and the origins metallic one, I only Keep the origins one. It is ok but it has no ankle articulation which is essentail for any spiderman figure, also the metallic paint also chips and you can see the grey metallic paint underneath. So you cant pose him well or over use the joints. Also the 3 spider-claws on his back are not painted they are just a flat yellow. You may also consider the Marvel Selects one wich is the coolest looking one but might be to big and cant do many poses.

Thanks for posting this. I have the clear version but have been thinking about gettingthe origins version for a while now b/c of the metallic paint. But after reading about the chipping and lack of full articulation, I think I'll pass.

I have Origins one, it looks very cool. Iron Spider is also one of my favorite Spider-Suits.

If you want Marvel Select's one, watch out that is 7 inch scale, not 6 inch... At first I thought it wasn't big deal but Marvel Select and Marvel Legends are notoriously different.

Here an image I made for Figures in Action:

Iron%20Spider.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went with the Peg warming one from the current Spidey line. Finally found one with a decent paint job on it. Articulation looked ok from the blister pack (double jointed knees & elbows, wrist joints, articulated fingers etc) but the lack of swivel thighs, calfs, or side to side ankle articulation makes it near impossible to get him in true deep spidey poses. I was able to get a few decent poses with crafty shifting of his legs where it meets the hip joint, but aside from the it's a pain. The lack of swivel forearms or wrists also flaws the figue when making "THWIP" poses. All in all I love the figure minus those peeves. I got the red and gold version (non clear) but really didn't want clear. Will post pics later.Thanks again for all the words of advice. From looking closely at the 2 diff spideys I think the current one is just the origins fig but repainted.

Cliff Notes:

Bought current Spidey line Iron-Spider

Poor arm and leg articulation/hard to pose

Overall badass look and happy with figure

Thanks for suggestions :happy:

I too love the IS version of Spidey, but unfortunately any figure made by Hasbro to date has been, yet again, another huge disappointment. It's quite clear that all these figures were rushed out to add a little variety to the Spider-Man line which has been riddled with hit and miss quality, paint and posability from the get go. It's really just a cheap line made to cash in on the popularity of the comics and movies and I don't think can really be considered a true collector friendly line, I mean, how seriously can you take products like Aerial Attack Spidey and Arctic Attack Spidey? Add to that, they retool perfectly good molds of figures like Venom and G. Goblin and actually remove 50% of the articulation in order to include it in a line that's obviously aimed at child consumers. The only silver lining is that with Hasbro's track record, there's always bound to be at least one version of Wolverine, Spidey or Iron Man in every wave of Marvel Legends so there's probably a very good chance that a better version of IS will eventually happen. I do have the MS version and even though it is awesome it's simply way out of scale for ML and is best posed solo. If your preference is for aesthetics go for MS, if you want something to pose with your ML, you really have no other choice than to by one of the available versions Hasbro has to offer at this point.

Also, do you think it would be too much for us to hope we eventually get at least one version of Iron Man in the new ML line that's actually in scale with the rest of the line, perhaps the Bleeding Edge armor (let's all cross our fingers).

There are some great figures from Hasbro's lines you just have to pick and choose. Obviously no one serious is going to pick up the Spiderman with 30 accesories like you mentioned but there are gems in almost every line. I couldn't be any more happy with my Mac Gargan Venom from the same line. It's an amazing (no pun intended) figure. And very comic accurate as well.

And as far as IM being out of scale if you look at his height he's really not. Yeah he's slimmer than the rest but he's supposed to be. If you read comics around the time Extremis was out, half of the suit basicly secreted out of his own skin. Not just added armor like in previous versions.