Marvel sale at TRU

spang2005

Hi all, I've been a long time lurker and i just had to chime in. I found the whole second wave at TRU on Friday and saturday. Sunday I go back to TRU and was shocked to find out about the sale. I go to my car because I had a few figures I bought left in my trunk and take it to customer service and get the price adjusted and they gladly did without question. Today I go back and bring the rest of the figures I had at home to get the price adjusted and the girl at the register says, " wow you got these at $17.99 each?" and I'm like "yah, why?" She goes on to tell me that the marvel legends figures went up to $19.99. She still did the price adjustment under the $17.99 price tag for me. So those transactions go through without a hitch. I then begin to cruise around the store thinking everything has been gobbled up and I find a variant Dark wolverine amongst a Sea of Bucky Caps. Must've been hidden and put back so I take that and pair that with an extra Fantomex i bought for my nephew earlier during the week. i go and price adjust the Fantomex and pair it with the variant Dark wolverine and I'm out the door paying $11 and change for it. So yes the figures have gone up in retail via TRU's crooked front office. :hulk: Marvel universe figures were up to $9.99 as well. it's a damn shame. Before the jump in price I managed to get wave 2 for about $88 and change thanks to this sale. I'm happy but pretty irate at the price jump for people still looking for this wave. Good luck on your search guys...

welcome aboard. Yeah TRU did the same thing when the ML 2 packs came out. They raised the prices TWICE. They did so after seeing how well they sold. I bought some MLs online (at $17.99) then went to return them a few weeks later due to the lower prices at Target (and Wally). The assistant mgr said she'd match the price, after telling her I was returning them because they were $14.99 at Target, no problem. She got to keep the sale and I got to keep the figures. win win. Eff TRU for doing that though. I was gonna go by later this week to see what they had.