Has this happened to anyone with the new waves?

Marconius17

I managed to find a box of wave 2 tonight at my local walmart and was real stoked to find thunderball and madam masque (i already built variant zola and needed these guys to build the regular one), but looking at the rest of the figures, i noticed that the box had future foundations spiderman and unmasked daken. I thought that you either got a variant box or a regular box, is that not the case. I was actually hoping for a masked daken also as the last box that i opened had pure variants. Has anyone else seen this?

What's up bub. I posted this in other threads. hope it helps

Ever since they were first announced it was established that Madame Hydra/Masque and Piledriver/Thunderball would be running changes. They are both pictured on each card. Unmasked Daken is the variant for Dark Wolverine (masked) and FF Spidey for Big Time Spidey. Only the regulars for those are on the cards.

There are 4 case packs. The variant case has FF Spidey and Unmasked Daken. Not many people have found the cases with those 2 "regulars". Either of those cases will contain the running changes of Thunderball/Madame Masque or Madame Hydra/Piledriver

it kind of is. but there was a crazy one that sold for $600. I still think it was a fluke/hoax. We'll see the regulars soon enough and then the variants will be nowhere to be found. I know you needed the right arm and both legs but you need the arm from wolvie too? I can get the legs for sure and the arm from Fantomex when I get my extra but not sure about the Left arm

That would be awesome man. I have alot of little things to trade still. PM me if you get any extra Zola pieces later on. I just found alot of loose legends in my extras bin with accessories in little baggies if you're interested. One of my buddies got the rest of my boxed legends( he was PISSED that i gave you those 4 figures), but i have alot of things to trade still if you're interested .

From my experiences it seems that theres really no rhyme or reason on which versions of the figures are packed into cases or at what quantities they are packed, other than the fact that most of the variants seem to ship earlier and become more rare as the regular versions start to populate the shelves. Take the case of Wave 2 I found at WM as they were unpacking. I found variant versions of Daken and Spidey and the regular versions of Powerball and Madame Masque. The latter figs box descriptions were simply Marvel's Wrecking Crew and Marvel's Madames, while the formers were described on the box simply as Spider-Man and Dark Wolverine. There's also another thing I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing. This is the second time I've seen a Bucky Cap with a clear shield. Is this an actual variant or is Hasbro just making use of leftover stock. At any rate they I actually allowed myself into being suckered into buying both versions of Captain Steve Rogers but I'm not about to do it a second time, variant or not. Still need masked Daken, Madame Hydra and Piledriver but the one good thing is that I have no interest whatsoever in BT Spidey. Such a dumb concept to begin with. Damn that crappy Tron movie for imposing it's crappy color concepts on everything from comic books to hygene products to commercial hardware products.

BTW did someone mention that there's actually a variant for the Zola BAF. That's something that I didn't notice nor even consider, even though it wouldn't be hard to believe based on Hasbro's past practices for trying to get just a little more of that hard earned dollar from the consumer public. If there's actually a variant, what are the differences from the "regular" version?

I don't think I can explain the running change/variant situation any better but if you find another Bucky Cap with a clear shield I'd be interested in it.

The variant BAF piece comes with Madame Hydra (Red Skull face). The regular ZOla face comes with Madame Masque

Also, a variant head piece comes with Piledriver with the red eye.

bbts seems to take forever to get them in. they were rather fast with wave 1. i want to know what i get so i can hunt for the running changes.

Same here. I actually ran into a set of Wave 2 yesterday, so I have a whole set, but I still need Big Time Spidey, Madame Hydra, and Piledriver (not set on masked Daken yet). I'm going to try Target today and see what's up. But I wish my BBTS order comes in so I can figure out what I still need to get or if I need to get anything at all.

I got my Wave 2 order from BBTS today. I got mohawk Daken and FF Spider-man. So I guess I got the variants? Pretty pleased, I never find in the store or get on order the variants. And in this case I prefer both of these to the 'regular' figures. If there is in fact a 'energy shield' cap variant, that makes a total of 16 figures in this wave - variants, running changes. Drax and Fantomex are the only two figures without changes/variants.

Whoa, I didn't mean to start a riot with the clear shield Bucky Cap or anything I was just wanting to know it anyone knew if it was legit or not. I did mention it on another post right after I saw it the first time and didn't get much of a reaction. I did see the thing twice, but it was at the same store so it could have actually been the same one. I saw it the first time when I bought my complete wave 2 maybe a week or so ago. The second time I saw it was immediately after new stock hit the shelves so I just assumed it came with the restock. I did not really pay that much attention as I had no intention of getting it, I was just concerned about getting the ones I wanted into my basket as quickly as possible. If I get back to that store anytime soon I'll try to get a pic and maybe examine for authenticity. It did seem somewhat odd for some reason and my first assumption was that it was a mistake but the more I thought about it, maybe someone wasn't happy with the clear shield they got with the Com. Rogers fig and just bought the Bucky Cap with the intention of pulling the ole' swicharoo and returned the tainted product to the store to get their money back. Let's just say it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get around Hasbro's clear tape packaging. As you may remember this was a trend that was running rampant when the Mattel WWE figs came out and everyone was switching them with the the old crappy Jakks Pacific figs.

I don't think I can explain the running change/variant situation any better but if you find another Bucky Cap with a clear shield I'd be interested in it.

The variant BAF piece comes with Madame Hydra (Red Skull face). The regular ZOla face comes with Madame Masque

Also, a variant head piece comes with Piledriver with the red eye.

holy crap how did I not know that. I thought only the torso had a variant. Didn't realize Thunderball's Zola head came with a yellow eye