So Where is Marvel legends wave 1?

nightcraw

So most of the retailers are selling Wave 2 Now. But is that all for the wave 1 figures. I was lucky to get the figures I wanted but I really don't see it on the major retailers for long enough. I am little worry that Hasbro may not have produced enough wave 1 figures to meet the demand. I will hate to see many fans are left out in the cold not able to get their figures at reasonable price. This will not be healthy for the long running of this line if they didn't build enough fan base from the start.

I think Hasbro's not only adopting Mattels MO of using interchangable parts and molds but may also be using their approach to distribution as well, meaning mass release in very limited quantities, so those that miss the boat may have to look to places like Ebay and online sellers to complete their collections. I searched for my DCU Dark Raven for almost a year before finally breaking down and paying too much on Ebay. With the way some of those stinkers in past ML lines were rotting on the shelves a few years ago, limiting production and release on future ML waves may be the key to insuring the new line's longevity. Yes it will suck when we inevitably miss the release of a wave which happens to us all at one time or another but I'd rather have hard to find ML than no ML at all. It already scares me to see the IM and Klaw figs collecting dust on the shelves in my area. Though you gotta think even Hasbro realizes what a poor job was done on these figs and why they are clogging up the pegs right now.

Then again I've noticed Hasbro's been pretty successful with MU when they started randomly packing figures from past waves into current running waves once the wave is established. This may be a trend they transfer to ML which would help to fill in some incomplete collections.

The walmart I unfortunately work at sold out of them 3 weeks ago and have had them on order since then. Still not in transit or in warehouse. Just sittin on order. And targets around here are putting those silver stickers on tags when they are sold out and possibly sold out at warehouse. So does hasbro only ship a few boxes of a wave to a store, then moves on to the next wave? As my stores only have had wave 1s. And are not getting restocked. They sold super well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for anyone that is going on vacation anytime soon, I work at Universal Studios Florida and within one of the Marvel Superhero Island shops they have a full wall of Wave 1 figures. Strange thing about it is that they only got the variant cases. No regular Iron Man, Ghost Rider, or Steve Rogers. The whole wave is priced at $30 a piece, but everything is there because they don't seem to be moving at that price.