Loose Belts

FrankCastle

So I finally cracked and opened some of my ROML figures. (Well it was actually due to my son literally almost drooling on them every day as he stared at them praying he cold play with them) I had planned on keeping them MOC for a while then eventually opening them. Well I was surprised to see that 2 out of the 3 figures I opened (Daken and Piledriver) that their belts were additional material that was hanging around their waist. Really not sure how to feel about them yet. Hated them at first touch but I kinda like the layered look they give. What are your thoughts/feelings about them? (I also freaking loved how unmasked Daken had his mask hanging loose around his neck)

Yeah they are supposed to be like that but U just meant in comparison to the older figures I have where the belts are normally a part of the mold. I mean it makes sense so if they re-use the new body sculpts theres not a molded belt but like I said it just caught me off guard

Yeah I just glued the ones that I thought would have secure belts. No big deal. They allow for more movement and makes it easier to deal with if I decide or find some extras for customizing.

I like It great for customizing, along with the simple removable heads that can be swapped out. It kind of bothered me at first also, but as I thought about it I liked the idea. saves the mold from sculpted on extra stuff, but they are usually glued on not sculpted on in the older stuff I am fine with it I only display any way. While were at it I was really looking at Drax and noticed he looked like he could easly be used for luke cage. I bet this will be used for him, and you heard it here First. Just put glasses, paint on a shirt and paint him brown.

I like It great for customizing, along with the simple removable heads that can be swapped out. It kind of bothered me at first also, but as I thought about it I liked the idea. saves the mold from sculpted on extra stuff, but they are usually glued on not sculpted on in the older stuff I am fine with it I only display any way. While were at it I was really looking at Drax and noticed he looked like he could easly be used for luke cage. I bet this will be used for him, and you heard it here First. Just put glasses, paint on a shirt and paint him brown.

Same thoughts here. Just a repaint and minor sculpt on the upper body. Trust me if I wasnt still saving for the ones I dont have this custom would be done by now

Ya I was thinking pretty much the same thing. I'm thinking Hasbro's formula for ML figs will pretty much follow the formula they use for MU. The Drax fig will be used as Cage (I'm actually surprised Cage wasn't the regular fig in this line with Drax being the "variant" to be honest), probably Absorbing Man, Sub Mariner (with diff legs of course). The new Bucky Cap sculpt will probably be used for athletic figs like Daredevil, Moon Knight and Hawkeye. Sadly, every female character will probably have the same exact sculpt unless there is a need for a She-Hulk type figure. But as a whole, I'm totally cool with the trend of just adding small plasctic or rubber pieces to existing sculpts. This will minimize costs for Hasbro which will prompt them to release a much larger amount of yet unreleased characters by having to only create smaller auxiliary parts rather than creating all new scupts for each new character. They could conceivable only create one new sculpt for each wave and by the 5th or 6th wave they would have an even larger stable of sculpts to utilize. This is a practice that's worked well for Mattel in both it's DCU line and thier much more successful WWE line.

doesnt bother me at all. i love it this way because it looks way better then these painted belts. maybe i will glue the one from rogers because mine is a little loose. wave 2 is on the way to from bbts. cant wait to see what i will get...... i hope for ff spidey and maskless daken.

I can almost gurantee you will get FF Spidey and Maskless

doesnt bother me at all. i love it this way because it looks way better then these painted belts. maybe i will glue the one from rogers because mine is a little loose. wave 2 is on the way to from bbts. cant wait to see what i will get...... i hope for ff spidey and maskless daken.

I can almost gurantee you will get FF Spidey and Maskless

i hope. then again i was checking ebay and big time spidey costs a fortune now. i want both. in a week they will be here. cant wait to open them :-)

For MikeC123 and any one else who didnt like the head on Madame Hydra. When I got mine I almost immediately had to do something. I know this is the loose belts thread. But still I know you guys that have her dont really care for that manly face. I made her an alternate head from Maria Hill and FFF She Hulk's hair with lighter green highlights, lipstick and eyes. Now she's ready for my shelf. :happy:

post-26135-1332643637_thumb.jpg

post-26135-1332643708_thumb.jpg

post-26135-1332643804_thumb.jpg

post-26135-1332643881_thumb.jpg

Hey That Chick looked diffrent the last time I saw her! Good stuff Brotha, at least now she is doable. Looks like a good polarise head(No Pun Intended, Wolverine is really getting a mouth full).

Thanx. Yeah he is. But that's the unmasked wolverine though. Even though they were married for a little while, there's no love lost between them. Thought it would be cool to show a little of that.

Hey That Chick looked diffrent the last time I saw her! Good stuff Brotha, at least now she is doable. Looks like a good polarise head(No Pun Intended, Wolverine is really getting a mouth full).

Thanx. Yeah he is. But that's the unmasked wolverine though. Even though they were married for a little while, there's no love lost between them. Thought it would be cool to show a little of that.

Check out this pretty sweet custome, its an improvment!

post-23526-1332726427_thumb.jpg

Check out this pretty sweet custome, its an improvment!

Oh yeah! lmao. I should've saved a head and just did this!