New Case Assortment Found!

spang2005

First of all, sorry to the mods. I know this should probably be posted in another thread, such as the TRU one or Sightings and Hauls, but I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read this to know the truth about how Hasbro is giving us all the finger.

As you may know from my posts, I'm currently desperately hunting Wave 2 figures, especially Spider-Man and Madame Masque, as many of us are.

I thought I had finally struck gold today when I went to TRU (at this point, I don't even care about the price hike. I just want my figures.) They had three Captain Americas and a Fantomex, so I asked the guy in the department if they had more in back. He said he was pretty sure they did. Awesome, right? The wait is finally over!

He went into the warehouse and came back with a brand new case, straight from Hasbro. He handed it to me and said, "Take what you need."

I opened the box and felt sick. Inside were four Captain Americas, two Drax, one Fantomex, and one unmasked Daken. No Thunderball/Piledriver, no Madames, and no Spideys.

I'm ticked beyond belief. This is absolutely ridiculous that this was put together, and it doesn't benefit anyone.

First, retailers are getting the shaft because they're going to get stuck with figures they can't sell because collectors don't want them because they already have them. Kids don't want them because they don't know who these characters are, and honestly, if I were aparent, I wouldn't be too keen on dropping $20 on a figure unless it were some special occasion.

There is no feasible reason I can think of to distribute product like this. Does Hasbro even know their customers? Do they know what they're doing to those of us who really want to collect and buy their figures for a reasonable price? It's like they're playing with us, dangling a string to see how we'll chase after it. I don't get it. At all. And I'm *this close* to just calling it quits.

Yeah, That would have been TRU's deal not Hasbro's. They're just getting rid of what was left at their main distribution centers from what wasnt sold on line. If you notice that's all they have left online. Remember they get cases and have to pull individuals out of the cases to sell them online so they can charge their jacked prices. When I asked about my order some weeks back they told me that what I ordered had to come to them from another place not directly from Hasbro. keep trying the other retailers they are getting full cases.

went into the walmart by my job today, you know the one that I check everyday...and as of yesterday they had no marvel legends at all. None...and they havent had any since they were released. I walk in today and there sits 4 Stealth Iron Men and 1 Constrictor. How does this happen? maybe some one exchanged a bunch out for the ones that were there? Because theres no way that there were 4 Blue IM in a case... plus the time frame is messed up. Maybe it was an employee? needless to say i was pissed... :hulk:

went into the walmart by my job today, you know the one that I check everyday...and as of yesterday they had no marvel legends at all. None...and they havent had any since they were released. I walk in today and there sits 4 Stealth Iron Men and 1 Constrictor. How does this happen? maybe some one exchanged a bunch out for the ones that were there? Because theres no way that there were 4 Blue IM in a case... plus the time frame is messed up. Maybe it was an employee? needless to say i was pissed... :hulk:

That sounds like a scalper who got stuck with all of those "variant" Iron Man figures and could not sell them on EBay who saves his receipts. I see this all the time in our area. If it is the Briar Creek Walmart you are talking about, I have noticed that it seems to be a dumping ground for different lines that they never carry, random figure here and there sitting in the clearance aisle at full price.

speaking of which I think I passed one walking in as I was walking out. She had an Ultimate Comics t-shirt on, the stores in Durham and Chapel Hill, and was walking rather briskly towards the action figure aisle. I assume she was a comic shop scalper based solely on the fact that she had what appears to be a realtree camo purse. Rednecks and comic nerds are not cut from the same cloth therefore I claim scalper... maybe I'm just looking for a scapegoat though... :biggrin:

My walmart's scalper only goes for WWE luckily for me

but the one in the next town over has a marvel one good thing i dont have to deal with this clown

Bragging about his online store lol he got all wave 2 and bragged about

Stocking up for Wonder con mind you it was 5am

This should be illegal for some reason i feel if i did this FBI. Would be called asap

mini rant ended

ouch

I know and I found all of them at Target in the ghetto after paying

Also landed an Ares baf YES for 220 NO but I'm on plastic CRACK right

I know its cheaper for you, your near the border lol my marvel legend collection an sota SF

Is my new obsession right now plus i just had a healthy litter sell out for a nice amount

Im filling my detolf cases with what i consider Great figures an Ares was a must have to me

so is that foil series six Deadpool i see you have NICE...

If you help me with deals i cut you in

Damn the joke was in reference to living in texas where drugs are cheaper due to being closer to mexico

the deadpool crack was about the wolvies collection had one on there so i thought you had it

and as for what im looking for nothing i can handle that i seen you posted some good toybiz stuff

You got for what i we consider a good price but its cool no biggie ill pay my prices lol

This appears to be the case overseas is getting right now. Hopefully it will be stateside soon enough to get these prices down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HASBRO-MARVEL-LEGE...f4#ht_986wt_932

1. Masked Dark Wolverine

2. Piledriver

3. Bucky Captain America

4. Fantomex

5. Drax

6. Big Time Spider-man

7. Madame Hydra

First of all, sorry to the mods. I know this should probably be posted in another thread, such as the TRU one or Sightings and Hauls, but I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read this to know the truth about how Hasbro is giving us all the finger.

As you may know from my posts, I'm currently desperately hunting Wave 2 figures, especially Spider-Man and Madame Masque, as many of us are.

I thought I had finally struck gold today when I went to TRU (at this point, I don't even care about the price hike. I just want my figures.) They had three Captain Americas and a Fantomex, so I asked the guy in the department if they had more in back. He said he was pretty sure they did. Awesome, right? The wait is finally over!

He went into the warehouse and came back with a brand new case, straight from Hasbro. He handed it to me and said, "Take what you need."

I opened the box and felt sick. Inside were four Captain Americas, two Drax, one Fantomex, and one unmasked Daken. No Thunderball/Piledriver, no Madames, and no Spideys.

I'm ticked beyond belief. This is absolutely ridiculous that this was put together, and it doesn't benefit anyone.

First, retailers are getting the shaft because they're going to get stuck with figures they can't sell because collectors don't want them because they already have them. Kids don't want them because they don't know who these characters are, and honestly, if I were aparent, I wouldn't be too keen on dropping $20 on a figure unless it were some special occasion.

There is no feasible reason I can think of to distribute product like this. Does Hasbro even know their customers? Do they know what they're doing to those of us who really want to collect and buy their figures for a reasonable price? It's like they're playing with us, dangling a string to see how we'll chase after it. I don't get it. At all. And I'm *this close* to just calling it quits.

[/q

They have learned to ignore fans and just do want they think is best. I think they look at matty and see that matty has all these ways to hear fan feedback and they do Q&As and they even has their marketing director Scott Nitlec running around as their whipping boy for every problem that matty has , this guy takes the hit (i hope he gets paid good for taking the blame from every thing from delivery charges to store prices risings ) It's funny the more matty tries to be more fan friendly the more they get crapped on by the fans.

Matty offers, subs lots of popular merchandising online and last year comic con exclusives that did not screw out the fans. what did Hasbro have???? Hasbro had a wave 2 case of marvel legends that sold out quick and had only a couple of restocks, lol.

But I think that Hasbro after their first run at ML and how much negative feedback they got, said" "F it", we will cancel ML and sell 3 2 packs a year and if you don't like it ..FU" lol ,

I remember how 2 years ago at comic con they had a couple of guys who designed and sculpted MLs outside their display cases hanging around, "I remember fans constantly hounding them, and 'saying things like "oh I have a bone to pick with you", or "man i got some complaints to tell you".....after the second day, the Hasbro guys were no where to be found lol.

I can't blame them I wouldn't want some nerds bitching to me all day when they don't wants up, lol Hasbro is like "hey fanboys you buy or get out, we make enough money from kids that we don't need the headache from you"

One thing I cant understand is why bytch about a Rare Chase Figure that some one cant find yet?? Who gives a shyt, Its cool in the collectors market to finaly find and own some rare figures that not every other person owns. I like owning a ares, Crossbones, and I had them day 1 feels good to hunt them down and hit gold. sucks for you who didnt.

One thing I cant understand is why bytch about a Rare Chase Figure that some one cant find yet?? Who gives a shyt, Its cool in the collectors market to finaly find and own some rare figures that not every other person owns. I like owning a ares, Crossbones, and I had them day 1 feels good to hunt them down and hit gold. sucks for you who didnt.

Amen Brother! Mattel has all the same issues and their figs. run just as expensive and some are just as rare. You have to check different stores or even retailers sometimes to complete a whole set. That's if what you're looking for is not warming pegs at Wal Mart. I only saw that Gentleman Ghost(reeally?! Gentleman Ghost? lol.) from the Giganta wave once. Tons of the other figs. I just wanted the BAF pieces he came with. The collector club prices are high. They rarely go on sale or clearance. The bodies are pretty much all the same with little more than a repaint, maybe a new head sculpt, cape(lol) and accessories. Have you seen the pics for the new Red Robin? Along with the old Nightwing its like they're on roids and grew half a foot. So yeah why bytch about one company. Hasbro listened enough to bring the line back and make improvements on it. We're getting lesser known characters that fans and collectors want as well. The Wrecking Crew and Constrictor have been some of the most customized figures for a long time and are in high demand. I'm fine with hunting and take every chance to get what I want at the lowest and most reasonable price. If I have to go online fine. Just research and compare prices. That's what collecting is.