Wave 3 Information

IronShatnar

Whats not to understand?? They used the oppertunity to get us a whole other wrecker member by doing a simple repaint and new head for 2 cool figures. obviasly you would need a lot more work and changes to have 4 runing changes, and from what the characters look like wrecker is going to need a new head a shirt with lines witch will probably be a rubber layover new upper arms with the lines(the reason why you couldent do a simple runing change). the shirt also covers some of his torso under his belt. Also I dont think Bulldozer will be a runing change for Wrecker either. He needs a shoulder chest piece, Helmet Head, Gloves, belt and boots(No sculpted lines on his upper body like wrecker). Look they did the easist ones first plan and simple. I am fine with a wait but shyt no later than both of the rest of the team by Wave six.

Stryfe will be a regular figure. I don't know where you guy are thinking that Stryfe will will be a BAF. It makes no sense to me.

Both Stryfe and Cable were originally huge characters. It would fit to make Stryfe BAF size. The Messiah War Stryfe was bigger than the rest of the characters. There is no official word, but it's not crazy to image Stryfe as a BAF.

Whats not to understand?? They used the oppertunity to get us a whole other wrecker member by doing a simple repaint and new head for 2 cool figures. obviasly you would need a lot more work and changes to have 4 runing changes, and from what the characters look like wrecker is going to need a new head a shirt with lines witch will probably be a rubber layover new upper arms with the lines(the reason why you couldent do a simple runing change). the shirt also covers some of his torso under his belt. Also I dont think Bulldozer will be a runing change for Wrecker either. He needs a shoulder chest piece, Helmet Head, Gloves, belt and boots(No sculpted lines on his upper body like wrecker). Look they did the easist ones first plan and simple. I am fine with a wait but shyt no later than both of the rest of the team by Wave six.

I also thought they said somewhere that the entire Wrecking Crew was going to be made, yet I cant find any record of it either. I agree that it looks like they just chose to make the easiest ones first to have time to design and produce the layover pieces to make Wrecker and Dozer. Also I bet you can bank on Angel being the variant for Archangel. And seriously, enough with all the Jim Lee figs already. Yes he was/is a great artist and had a important and long standing impact on the comic industry, but compared to todays more organic and realistic style, his work is pretty dated. Even the new stuff he's doing at DC looks like something rooted in the 90's. I appreciate his contribution, but his heyday has passed and I just think it's a huge mistake to make figs of outdated designs and take up space in a wave when most people want the modern versions of the characters. Take MU for example,they did JL Wolvie and Jean Grey, and no only were they done very poorly but they rotted on the shelves, at least where I live. They actually did it right with JL Cyclops, but damnit, can we just have a freakin modern version already? Why not just do the entire team in some sort of box set or maybe a line of two packs? I just don't understand the logic and truly don't see the demand, and now we would have to end up paying upwards of $15 if only to get the BAF piece. Now, before everyone gets rattled, I do know there are quite a few people that DO want them and would appreciate them, but there were a lot of people who wanted the first appearance Cap and Bucky, but no one can deny that they did end up collecting dust on the pegs and the poor sales of those figs and the entire wave in general started the downward spiral that lead to the demise of ML the first time. Those type of figs are best suited for special intrest or collector sets that can be marketed and sold as special editions outside the main ML line. Hasbro seems to be doing the production part right this time, let's hope they can get the supply and demand concept right this time.

Yeah I agree with you on the JL Style.... who gives a shyt? I know what he did for the industry..in my eyes he did set the bar for a higher standerd, buuut he was way over the top. Shyt got old real quick. Every single person was on Steriods, I mean come on when did a 70 something year old Magneto turn in to this huge Steriod Freak. Dont get me wrong I love tits just as much as the next guy but damn every single chick in the Comics had huge DD implants and they were also Steriod up. Like some I could give 2 shyts about a space suit looking jean grey over something current or undid anyday.

Rest assured that Jean Grey will sell very well considering there was never an actual one made for the line by toybiz and it has become her second most classic look. There is a huge majority of fans who have been waiting on this. Despite the disappointing look of the MU version it still sold out around here and I have 10+ targets and wal marts respectively near me. But trust me after this you wont have to worry about anymore of his designs ileast not concerning Marvel Legends. Unless they do a Jubilee. Everyone else from then has been done already. But yeah Mags looked like Vince McMahon and Cyke wasnt "Slim" Summers anymore. More like "Where's my neck Summers". lol. His costume designs were repetitive and carried over into his independent titles. Some of them were like genetic versions of the Xmen too. Love his ladies though. I have seen more exaggerated. Check out both of Wolverine and Black Cat's "Claws" mini series. We're talking huge plus nipples!

Lol yeah I dont mind that at all, but back then psylocke went from a B to DD over night, Jubilee also. Shyt I like a little veriaty!
Yeah. Whenever I see minors in comics nowadays, I feel like I'm watching anime no matter how realistic the artwork. Yeah Jubilee, Kitty and the rest of the New Mutants are well into adulthood now. (Majik doesnt count for obvious reasons). But X 23 and her former New Xmen members are around like in their mid teens. C'mon has the X club been experimenting with the water on Utopia too?

Oh right; I forgot about Moonstar. So theoretically Wave 3 could be Punisher, Blade, Archangel, Jean, Moonstar, US Agent, Stryfe (Possible BAF) and possible Emma Frost redo. That's 8 regular figures or 7 plus the BAF (Stryfe). Plausible. Not a very strong sounding wave and no A-Listers to "carry" it...but I'd definitely be interested in Blade, Archangel, US Agent & Stryfe. I've not heard anything of a Sasquatch BAF.

This is the only thing i could find with pics covering a basic assortment of what Hasbro plans to build up for ML in 2012.

http://marvellegends.net/news.php?N=13&I=36

the writer hints at a new Sasquatch BAF, but has no pics as proof.

Still no word on the rest of the Wrecking Crew, but we can only hope!

Oh right; I forgot about Moonstar. So theoretically Wave 3 could be Punisher, Blade, Archangel, Jean, Moonstar, US Agent, Stryfe (Possible BAF) and possible Emma Frost redo. That's 8 regular figures or 7 plus the BAF (Stryfe). Plausible. Not a very strong sounding wave and no A-Listers to "carry" it...but I'd definitely be interested in Blade, Archangel, US Agent & Stryfe. I've not heard anything of a Sasquatch BAF.

This is the only thing i could find with pics covering a basic assortment of what Hasbro plans to build up for ML in 2012.

How is Punisher and Blade not A listers? You already had Cap, Spidey, and Iron Man. Aside from Hulk there isn't any "A-listers" left if you don't consider The Punisher or Blade an A lister

EDIT** Blade isn't an A lister in my eyes but he is at least recognizable to casual fans

How is Punisher and Blade not A listers? You already had Cap, Spidey, and Iron Man. Aside from Hulk there isn't any "A-listers" left if you don't consider The Punisher or Blade an A lister

EDIT** Blade isn't an A lister in my eyes but he is at least recognizable to casual fans

I agree on both sides. As far as the comics crowd goes Blade is far from an A-Lister, but you would be hard pressed to find someone in the general public who doesn't recognize him at least from the movies. As for the Punisher...he was once an A-Lister but right now in the comics world he's kinda in some kind of uninteresting Limbo. Don't think I've even picked up any of the latest stuff on him. Anyway they've put a lot of A-Listers in the first two waves and, in my opinion, some of them need to be redone some time in the future, but as far as I'm concerned, variety is the key to the long standing success of the new ML. Even people who don't recognize a fig will problably still pick it up if they make it look good and interesting enough. Think back to when you were a kid, whenever you saw a completely new figure, that means something original, not the aqua attack or arctic adventure or secret stealth versions of existing figs we are accustomed to seeing lately, we were interested. I think we could say the same here. Give me one of the more obscure figures, such as maybe Paladin or Cardiac anyday over another version of Spidey, Wolvie or Iron Man (unless we're talkin' Bleeding Edge version, of course) anyday man. Give me the ones we ain't seen yet and put the 5th or 10th version of all the ones we already have in a two pack. Use that approach and my wallet would never be safe again.

I agree on both sides. As far as the comics crowd goes Blade is far from an A-Lister, but you would be hard pressed to find someone in the general public who doesn't recognize him at least from the movies. As for the Punisher...he was once an A-Lister but right now in the comics world he's kinda in some kind of uninteresting Limbo. Don't think I've even picked up any of the latest stuff on him. Anyway they've put a lot of A-Listers in the first two waves and, in my opinion, some of them need to be redone some time in the future, but as far as I'm concerned, variety is the key to the long standing success of the new ML. Even people who don't recognize a fig will problably still pick it up if they make it look good and interesting enough. Think back to when you were a kid, whenever you saw a completely new figure, that means something original, not the aqua attack or arctic adventure or secret stealth versions of existing figs we are accustomed to seeing lately, we were interested. I think we could say the same here. Give me one of the more obscure figures, such as maybe Paladin or Cardiac anyday over another version of Spidey, Wolvie or Iron Man (unless we're talkin' Bleeding Edge version, of course) anyday man. Give me the ones we ain't seen yet and put the 5th or 10th version of all the ones we already have in a two pack. Use that approach and my wallet would never be safe again.

Not really on topic, but regarding Punisher's current publishing status, I'd say he's defintely not in Limbo. Jason Aaron's PunisherMAX run just ended and Greg Rucka's ongoing is getting some stellar reviews roughly 10 or so issues in. Also, Punisher is part of the upcoming crossover with Spidey and Daredevil. I'd say he's pretty doing pretty well on the comics front.

Do we really need another ML, though? I think not.