AVENGERS: NEW EVIL PART 2

Ninjak

oh ok, Ninjak .... now you did.

Had Thor splash paged .... I know it was a plot device for "the other Avenger" to show up, but sheesh!!!

but the twist at the end made up for it

Can't wait for part 3 ..... i like how you rode the movie idea of using an Asgardian artifact .... did not see that coming

and the special effects keep getting better and better

Thanks for great feedback, Big Bear. Much appreciated always.

Now, further explanation of that page you have an issue with. It was not just a plot device to set up the arrival of that "other Avenger", it was also there to harken back to classic old comic pages like this...

thor385-3.jpg

It let's the reader know that this is serious business. This enemy is not going to be a pushover in any way, shape or form, and that our heroes are in big trouble.

Don't get me wrong .... I loved the issue. And the continued use of that lose brought back good

Comic book memories. Just since you and I do converse, you know I feel about Thor versus mr. Green.

Otherwise, great issue. Adour is correct, great covers as well.

Just make up for it in part three. ;-)

Makes me wonder, did you pick up the new ML Thor?

Great use of Constrictor and Klaw.

Can't wait to find wave two Piledriver and Thunderball

Ninjak...that was more fun than reading a traditional comic!! Now that's how comic books used to read like; they were just goofy, fantastical fun, and they didn't take themselves too seriously like modern comics often do. I love these. Very well done my friend. I'll have to check out the rest.

BTW...you are the first person ever to make Baron Zemo and Constrictor seem cool to me. (lol) I may actually have to have them now. And I already wanted that Bullseye figure, but you've completely made my mind up for me with your cool shots of him fighting.

Wow, DevilBat, thanks very much. You seem to share my views about what makes a good comic book. I believe they can be fun and a little over the top, without descending into being silly or stupid.

Back in the Golden Age and the early Silver Age, most comics were a little too campy. In comparison, today's comics have gone all the way to the other end of the spectrum and take themselves waaaay too seriously, IMO. But, I thought comics reached the perfect balance of fantastical fun adventure and realism in the late 70's and early 80's (See Byrne/Claremont X-Men, Miller Daredevil and The Amazing Spider-Man for some good examples).

That 70's/80's style is exactly the feeling I am trying to evoke in my Action Figure comics. So, I'm really glad you picked that up and enjoy them.

Part 3 of my Avengers story is coming soon. It's got a ton of guest stars, and if your avatar is any indication, you should be especially happy to see one of them.

Yes...I quite enjoyed it my friend. Ol' Hornhead's cameo wasn't lost on me. (lol)

As for what you're saying, I too miss the more adventuresome feel of those older comics. It just seems as if they weren't too dark, and there was a self-contained story in each issue that could make a two-and-a-half hour movie instead of the ten-page comics that spread stuff out so thin over several issues that we see today. Now don't get me wrong; there are alot of great writers and artsist out there today, but those older books just can't be beat in terms of story depth and tone.

You're e-books are so much fun Ninjak. Plus they're excellent toy commercials...I keep seeing several figures I want in them. (lol) BTW, that Daredevil you used in New Evil Part 3...which one is that exactly? I've seen pics of him before and would like to have him, but there's so many out there I wasn't sure which one he was. Thanks!!