What Hasbro Needs To Continue To Do (and Do it well)

BigBearJahlon

I have long stated that Hasbro needs to treat the Marvel Products like they do the Star Wars and GI Joe products. That includes improving the molds and articulation, as well as giving us collectors special offers. Over the last year or two, Hasbro did that, but just a few times.

Yes, they are slowly fixing the movement on the figs, especially the 6-inchers, but what makes people WANT to buy is when they can get a deal, especially in this economy.

At the beginning of the last Year, if you spent about $25.00 on a Hasbro product, then you could get a free toy. Sadly, I purchased an ML 2-Pack, and all they sent me was a 4-inch Juggernaut Iron-Man, when i actually asked for one of the Iron-Man Legends (specifically, the Titanium Man) .... Ok, at least I dream big.

They also offered once or twice, coupons on PlaySaver.com on MU products, which also worked on the 6-inch figs as well. With the cost of the figures continuing to rise, Hasbro should return to this. Especially for those who like to buy whole sets, why not offer us a free 6-inch figure when you sent in five UPCS. They do it for GI Joe and Star Wars.

With all those molds waiting for release: Magneto, 1st Appearance Storm, Silver Samurai, Aurora, Northstar, Lilandra, etc., why not do them the way they did the SDCC Thor. Offer a repaint, without a BAF piece. Hasbro might be surprised as this could give collectors incentive.

As well as give me a reason to cash in all my Hasbro UPCS. (And yeah, I mean we should be able to use EVERYTHING from the UPC on HML-1, the 2-packs, and the current RoHML).

And bring back the coupons and in-store promos. Walmart was full of in-store coupons for the Transformers last year. And they were good coupons, at least $3 - $5 dollars off if I remember correctly. How happy would that make you if you could save $5 on a Legends fig? Me, I would be elated!!!!

What do you guys think? I know Hasbro has people that read these threads, so please consider these options.

hasbro has an offer for a free GiJoe if you send in 5 UPCs? since when?

as for me, I don't know about all of these gimmick offer things. They just need to produce quality figures with plenty of attention to detail, and they will be a hit.

They are still missing big time with their new ML for me. I really wanted to buy all of wave 1 to build Terrax, but 3 of them were UNBUYABLE to me because of their horrible scale (Thor, Ironman, Steve Rogers).. I mean if you are screwing up half of your first wave after 2 years out of business, then you are doing it wrong

i cant get any coupons so i am ok with the figures. i can even deal with scale as long as they arent to small like tarantula was. i just want great character selection and they did a good job with the 2 waves right now. i just hope to get some spiderman related figures in the line like

-chameleon

-tombstone

-hammerhead

-menace

-stegron

-scarecrow

-vermin

-jackal

-scarlet spider

i have enough of venom and green goblins.

i cant get any coupons so i am ok with the figures. i can even deal with scale as long as they arent to small like tarantula was. i just want great character selection and they did a good job with the 2 waves right now. i just hope to get some spiderman related figures in the line like

-chameleon

-tombstone

-hammerhead

-menace

-stegron

-scarecrow

-vermin

-jackal

-scarlet spider

Dont forget Kane, befor he was the new spider-man, and the new one.

@ Clam, from time to time, Hasbro does do mail away offers based on GI Joe, the last one i could find was 4 years ago, but i do remember it. Here is the link:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=12811

And yeah, it seems that so far the new ML has like 3 or 4 different scales.

Thor and the Wrecking Crew have their own,

Iron-Man has some punitive scale, and Cap and the others fit into their own category.

My main reason for posting is that since Hasbro is into the business of making money off of us collectors, then be fair and offer what we want.

They do it for GI Joe and Star Wars, then do it for Marvel.

On Playsaver.com, Hasbro just had a coupon for Transformers that expires on April 15, and I am thinking, what about MARVEL? Give us a reason to print some coupons and spend $$.

@Johnny Quest: if you see Piledriver for $13, then grab him for me.

With $5.00 shipping via the post office, that is still cheaper than shopping at TRU

@ Clam, from time to time, Hasbro does do mail away offers based on GI Joe, the last one i could find was 4 years ago, but i do remember it. Here is the link:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=12811

yeah, I have a couple of those Doc figures... but that was probably the only Joe mail-away since the 80's.

(well, there was some spytroops stuff. but I don't count that as GIjoe lol)

And yeah, it seems that so far the new ML has like 3 or 4 different scales.

Thor and the Wrecking Crew have their own,

Iron-Man has some punitive scale, and Cap and the others fit into their own category.

oh, and I was going to say that the Steve Rogers cap is not in scale with anyone else except for maybe the new Thor. They both seem to be in a 7-inch scale instead of 6.

I still can't believe Tarantula came out the way he did. It's as bad as the first Sinestro Corps Sinestro.

It was all in the legs. For some reason they shortened the legs on the Bullseye mold when they made the Turantula fig and it never returned to normal again. I replaced the legs with an extra Captain Marvel figure I had and hit it with a darker crimson paint wash and it looks much better. Not only was that mold much more detailed before Hasbro got ahold of it and started "modifying" it, but it was much taller and in better scale. I'm assuming the change was made to conserve materials, but I can only believe the savings are minute at best.

-chameleon

-tombstone

-hammerhead

-menace

-stegron

-scarecrow

-vermin

-jackal

-scarlet spider

Dont forget Kane, befor he was the new spider-man, and the new one.

ohh yeah kaine is a must have but his classic look. the scarlet spider kaine is ok but i want him like the classic version. there are so manny classic characters that are in the books right now that it is amazing we dont get more out of it. i would even be happy with that red vulture right now. how about the new hobgoblin?? we have big time spiderman....

I think Hasbro should do two important things:

1) Give new action figures of characters (e.g.: Scarlet Spider II, Agent Venom, Wizard, AIM agent)

2) Update action figures (e.g.: Magneto and Emma Frost because of sculpt; Rogue and Luke Cage because costume changes)

Another things to consider:

1) Action figures of the Ultimate Universe: Iron Man (update), Thor, Captain America (update), Spider-Woman, Spider-Man II, Electro, Crimson Dynamo, Hawkeye, etc...

2) If they made two characters, in a way, related, Hasbro could do one of the things they liked to do with Marvel Universe: two packs of repainted action figures! Big Time Spider-Man & Hobgoblin, Extremis Iron Man & Madame Masque, Rogue & Gambit, and much much more!

I think they are going in the right direction right now. The Running changes and the variants are releasing more figures per wave than any incarnation of legends in the past. If they keep that up I think they'll do okay as long as they dont hike the price up any more and fix the distribution a bit better. The Walmart and Target price of around 16 per figure and other shops of 20 is much better than we could get from a subscription service. Now as I posted in another thread I wish they would make over-sized figures to go along with the regular waves but as far as their character selections and quality I have no problem with them.

I can agree with you Avarchu. The price is an issue for me, that is why I think Hasbro should make special offers like they do with

Star Wars and GI Joe. What they could do its continue the Greatest Battles that they do for their main

Marvel Universe line. Heck I bought the Frost Giant and the Giant Man Skrull just because they fit as far as a

large sized threat goes. If they did a pack with a large Dragon Man, who wouldn't buy it just to get

a new DM?

I again go back to money ..... They want our money, wee want their product, just make us happy

and we will buy .... Even at twenty bucks a pop.

I think what they should do is add bigger figs. I mean I'd pay more for them but no more then 30. Also if they want our money they need to think outside the box. I understand they have to make their money with A-Listers. But do something diffrent in a line. Add an AOA fig in each line up until we have all the ones we want. Or maybe try some 2099 figs. The 2099 Doom I love him. 2099 X-men. Do some team packs. The Four Horsemen Apocalypse would be crazy. Omega Flight. Or two packs but do it diffrent. Do two Villans in a a pack or two heros mix it up. Do a Shocker and Kingpin. Hydroman and Sandman. Stuff like that I'd love and its diffrent

Yeah I agree with Dane, the four packs that Toybiz did were very well done and taking a page out of the competition's playbook the 5 packs DCU Classics did went over pretty well too. Picture if theyd release a 5 pack first class xmen like toybiz did in the 90s for legends style. I know id pay whatever within reason I could to get it.

Multi packs are the way to go. It would make you feel like you are getting more for your money. They could do so many diffrent things. Like do a Hall of Armor. Easy to do, do it a few times and bam you have a whole Hall Of Armor for Iron Man. They could start with Mark I-IV and so on and so fourth. I don't like Iron Man that much but you get the idea. They could do a wolvi through the ages pack all diffrent ones.

Over a year ago, DC celebrated their 75th anniversary of Super Powers

with some Kmart exclusives for $ 8.00.

Would be nice if Hasbro did that, especially since Spidey and the

Fantastic Four are at least 70 years old.

And yes, a decent multi pack would have my money.

They did a villains army pack for the 4-inch MU figures.

Why not do that for Marvel Legends?

If they do "through the ages" packs i really hope it is b list or under characters. We'll get plenty of A-listers in the main line. A through the ages wolvie would be a bunch of repeats with slightly different paint apps. Only to buy them again in the main line to get a baf part. I'd prefer to see Characters like Storm, Rogue, Cyke, or Multiple Man.