Marvel Vs. DC

FrankCastle

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No matter what. These battles are meaningless as Marvel surely kicks DC's @$$ on the big screen! lol. Just saw Avengers and DC has a long way to catch up. A LONG way! Bats cant hold the fort by himself.

It's funny you say that because I just gave it some thought and Batman has been holding down the fort for

23 years now,

We really need some new life breathed into the DC Universe.

I'm really looking forward to the Avengers; I work midnights and have not been able to see it yet.

What, how easily people forget, I think Watchmen and V for Vendetta are better movies hands down. At least they are deep and meaningful. Marvel is a lot of hit and miss some good some cheese. They make some good action some times. I love Marvel over DC anytime but DC Stomps out Marvel animation any day. Watched Cartoon Network Lately?? Why is it so hard for Marvel to make good cartoons, or some movies?? They try to appeal to the masses and well it works but for those who actualy give a crap or know when they are being feed crap dont fully buy into it. my faves of marvel are Spider-man 2, Iron Man 1, Spider man 1, and Spider man 1 N 2 where good mainly because Sam Reme was the Director.

I'll agree that DC is pretty tough in animation and I have seen all of their animated movies. I liked them or was okay with them. As far as movies go let's not forget the live action cartoon "Batman and Robin". Or "Batman Forever" before that. C'mon the "anotomically correct" costumes with nipples and something else I cant mention emphasized. Still Batman has been the big screen staple of DC the past 2 decades or so. I am a big fan of comics and Marvel is my thing. But I do give credit where it's due. Watchmen although faithful to the source was well... Let's just say two hours of a giant blue penis floating around isnt cool. Plus it's not mainstream DC. I hated Punisher: War Zone. Another live action cartoon. I try to keep what's her name...? Oh Elektra out of my head. I wasnt too big a fan of the story behind Blade Trinity but i still own it. I felt the tone deviated too far from the first two. I was told to get GR "Spirits of Vengeance" from Redbox. Well either way Marvel at least makes attempts bad or good that's. I'm on the fence about the new Spider Man flick. I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises because the last one was good. Despite the fact that Bane looks like a street thug and Catwoman looks right out of the 60's tv show. Maybe DC will try harder to bring more of their characters to life on the big screen. Again though I'm Marvel !st, I do have a fondness for some DC characters.

What, how easily people forget, I think Watchmen and V for Vendetta are better movies hands down. At least they are deep and meaningful. Marvel is a lot of hit and miss some good some cheese. They make some good action some times. I love Marvel over DC anytime but DC Stomps out Marvel animation any day. Watched Cartoon Network Lately?? Why is it so hard for Marvel to make good cartoons, or some movies?? They try to appeal to the masses and well it works but for those who actualy give a crap or know when they are being feed crap dont fully buy into it. my faves of marvel are Spider-man 2, Iron Man 1, Spider man 1, and Spider man 1 N 2 where good mainly because Sam Reme was the Director.

Marvel's animated studio flicks are great. Hulk VS. Series. Planet Hulk. Ultimates. It's all good. Hell, Avengers:EMH is one of the best adaptations of a comic series that I have ever seen. They made the characters look cartoony but the stories are true to the source material and alot of thought and writing is put into it. Ultimate Spiderman on the other hand seems more campy and made for kids but I still find enjoyment in it. Of course nothing like the brilliant 90's cartoons we had of X-men and Spiderman.

Yeah Like I said hit and Miss. The Wolverine Vs. Hulk is awsome manily due to it being the start of wolverine in the comics and the Star Power I mean come on Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool, Sabertooth. the others so so not better than the DC stuff. Oh yeah Watchmen had to much Nut shots, I think the Director whats his name Zake Snyder is Gay, 300?, Immotals?, to Much. Yeah the pacing is hard to take but it was like a comic and thats the hard part addapting comic to film. I think he did Ok. Avengers Was good very entertaining, Hulk was the best and Iron man after him. They finally nailed Hulk down in a good way. People and Kids want to see Hulk not Bruce. Captian Sucked just Like I thought he would, and I said it here before He dosent have that commanding role in him, I am sorry that one scene where he barks out orders was weak Shyt. Tony had way more lines and camera time. Set up for part 2 was Awsome!

Marvel's animated studio flicks are great. Hulk VS. Series. Planet Hulk. Ultimates. It's all good. Hell, Avengers:EMH is one of the best adaptations of a comic series that I have ever seen. They made the characters look cartoony but the stories are true to the source material and alot of thought and writing is put into it. Ultimate Spiderman on the other hand seems more campy and made for kids but I still find enjoyment in it. Of course nothing like the brilliant 90's cartoons we had of X-men and Spiderman.

You hit it right on the head. I own the animated flicks you mentioned and I love Planet Hulk. Also I cant wait to see the next Avengers flick. It was nice the way they set the plot up for this one using the other films.

We forget X-Men the Animated Series. One of the most successful and watched cartoon series ever. Animated Spider-Man Series. X-Men Evolution. Plus Marvel's old shows like all the 60's Cartoon Series of Spider-Man, Hulk and etc. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and tons of other Hulk, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and etc.

Recently we've had Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men and how the new Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Excellent cartoon series and some of the best out there. I hate the Iron Man Armored Adventures but kids love it. Plus that Marvel Superhero show where they look like kids or something gets good ratings, can't remember the name.

Yeah I have watched Cartoon Network and yes Young Justice is good but it's not amazing. They've had some major hiccups with that show and look how long it's been and the first season hasn't even finished airing. The Green Lantern show looks awful, I can't even stomach the terrible CGI. Their is a new Batman series coming out and it looks god awful. It's animation is worse then Green Lantern and Batman's side kick is a female Ninja named Katana and Alfred is an ex CIA type soldier who helps Batman with guns! Guns haha!

Watchmen wasn't that successful and the box office and it wasn't that well received with critics or fans. Most fans of the graphic novel didn't like it from what I've read online. It was alright but easily forgotten. Plus those series aren't even in DC's normal Superhero Universe. V for Vendetta was great but wasn't that huge with critics either. Great film though, one of my favorites.

DC Hasn't had a Major Superhero success since Dark Knight in 2008 and before that Batman Begins. Before that Batman Forever, Before that Batman Returns, Before that Batman. See a pattern there? Previously DC had Superman 1978 and Superman II. Superman 3 and 4 were failures. Superman Returns didn't bomb at the box office but it was a big disappointment for Warner Bros and DC from what they said and it wasn't well received with fans.

Marvel has had Blade 1 and 2, I won't count 3. X-Men, 1, 2, 3 (3 sucked but made huge box office) Spider-Man 1, 2, 3 (3 sucked but had huge box office) Ghost Rider (Sucked but had good box office) Iron Man 1 (amazing movie, holds 94 percent rating, same as Dark Knight) Iron Man 2. Thor. Captain America. Incredible Hulk. Fantastic Four 1 and 2 weren't good but they did well at the box office. X-Men Origins Wolverine was a piece of crap but did well at the box office. X-Men First class was amazing and did alright at the box office.

Some of Marvel's failures are Electra, Daredevil, Ghost Rider 2.

I don't really think Marvel's missing out in the Animation department. They may not have as many titles as DC but Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2 aren't bad. Planet Hulk, Wolverine vs. Thor vs. Hulk, Thor Asgard Tales or something, Iron Man, Doctor Strange. Possible More.

I don't think Marvel's to concerned with their animation department considering Avengers just set a Record for biggest Weekend Opening ever in history making over 200 million and making over 650 million in just 10 days World Wide. It also holds a 93 percent positive rating.

Plus the fact that Disney owns Marvel and has some cartoon series in the works could make up for it. They own Pixar and even though Pixar has no current plans for a Marvel Animated Film anything can change if Disney decides so.

Marvel still has The Amazing Spider-Man coming out this year and this is Nolan's last Batman film and DC Still has the reinvented Superman Man of Steel coming out but right now Marvel's King of the movies. DC has more Animated Titles under it's belt but I honestly don't think Animation is Marvel's concern right now and they're doing just fine.

Currently I think Marvel has more animated Shows on tv right now in production. Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Man Armored Adventures, Superhero Squad (remembered the named) while DC has Green Lantern and Young Justice.

Yeah Like I said hit and Miss. The Wolverine Vs. Hulk is awsome manily due to it being the start of wolverine in the comics and the Star Power I mean come on Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool, Sabertooth. the others so so not better than the DC stuff. Oh yeah Watchmen had to much Nut shots, I think the Director whats his name Zake Snyder is Gay, 300?, Immotals?, to Much. Yeah the pacing is hard to take but it was like a comic and thats the hard part addapting comic to film. I think he did Ok. Avengers Was good very entertaining, Hulk was the best and Iron man after him. They finally nailed Hulk down in a good way. People and Kids want to see Hulk not Bruce. Captian Sucked just Like I thought he would, and I said it here before He dosent have that commanding role in him, I am sorry that one scene where he barks out orders was weak Shyt. Tony had way more lines and camera time. Set up for part 2 was Awsome!

I think Captain America was great! It got great reviews with critics and movie goers. It was also a success at the box office. No offense to you and your opinion bro but everyone I know loved Captain America in his own film and Avengers.

I'll agree that DC is pretty tough in animation and I have seen all of their animated movies. I liked them or was okay with them. As far as movies go let's not forget the live action cartoon "Batman and Robin". Or "Batman Forever" before that. C'mon the "anotomically correct" costumes with nipples and something else I cant mention emphasized. Still Batman has been the big screen staple of DC the past 2 decades or so. I am a big fan of comics and Marvel is my thing. But I do give credit where it's due. Watchmen although faithful to the source was well... Let's just say two hours of a giant blue penis floating around isnt cool. Plus it's not mainstream DC. I hated Punisher: War Zone. Another live action cartoon. I try to keep what's her name...? Oh Elektra out of my head. I wasnt too big a fan of the story behind Blade Trinity but i still own it. I felt the tone deviated too far from the first two. I was told to get GR "Spirits of Vengeance" from Redbox. Well either way Marvel at least makes attempts bad or good that's. I'm on the fence about the new Spider Man flick. I'm going to see The Dark Knight Rises because the last one was good. Despite the fact that Bane looks like a street thug and Catwoman looks right out of the 60's tv show. Maybe DC will try harder to bring more of their characters to life on the big screen. Again though I'm Marvel !st, I do have a fondness for some DC characters.

Yeah Bane looks terrible. He's one of my favorite villains and he looks just awful in the film. The actor Tom Hardy is only 5'9 and had to use lifts just so he could be the same height as Christian Bale who is 6'2. Bane should tower over Batman, not be shorter and need lifts so see eye to eye. Plus the actor isn't that buff and the mask just looks awful. They've completely changed his origin and he doesn't take Venom to increase his strength lol, wtf.

I also hate Catwoman and how unsexy she looks. The mask she is wearing is terrible and there is no way anyone wouldn't know that's her under that little mask. I hope it's good but I'm not enthused.

I had a lot of comments prepared but Riddick save me the trouble of typing them, he spoke the truth with facts 'nuff said. Riddick you forgot Green Lantern which is proof DC is not able to bring a franchise to live action and be successful unless it's Superman or Batman. I'm mostly a Marvel guy but I love a lot of the DC superheroes and they need to get their "stuff" together like yesterday when it comes to live action.

Every thing riddick said is true the facts are right on, but to be honest just because a movie does good in box office dosent mean its good. Part 1's can be good and set up every one to go see part 2 but then it sucks. happens all the time with marvel. Dude your also bringing up marvel animation from 15 years ago I am talking about now, and when a cartoon is not cable syndicated it is not by any means close to having more higher ratings than A cable show. Why do you think Marvel Super Hero Squad was on cable, and all other marvel is on disneys owned company, the majority do not have satilite vs all the people who have cable. I am sorry brotha but I do not rate Captian America up there with the good that we are talking about. I stick with The Bad Casting for cap, Goofy Human Torch Dude. If you have ever been around The hard core Military type with the Carisma that can commande and lead a room, then you would know what I am Talking about. He always had that ahh I am erratated with this future stuff, he did not take the end leading heroric scene. Again Robert Downey was the leading Man.

Every thing riddick said is true the facts are right on, but to be honest just because a movie does good in box office dosent mean its good. Part 1's can be good and set up every one to go see part 2 but then it sucks. happens all the time with marvel. Dude your also bringing up marvel animation from 15 years ago I am talking about now, and when a cartoon is not cable syndicated it is not by any means close to having more higher ratings than A cable show. Why do you think Marvel Super Hero Squad was on cable, and all other marvel is on disneys owned company, the majority do not have satilite vs all the people who have cable. I am sorry brotha but I do not rate Captian America up there with the good that we are talking about. I stick with The Bad Casting for cap, Goofy Human Torch Dude. If you have ever been around The hard core Military type with the Carisma that can commande and lead a room, then you would know what I am Talking about. He always had that ahh I am erratated with this future stuff, he did not take the end leading heroric scene. Again Robert Downey was the leading Man.

Remember Downey is the bigger name and Chris will grow into his role more. As for DXD, check with your cable provider again. Mine offers it without having satellite. But Bane only 5'9? Keaton's lifts I could deal with as everything else about his performance as Bats was great. However this is the second time Bane has been on the big screen and he's still not done right. I mean they could've at least gotten another wrestler but with some acting skills this time. lol.

I brought up The older shows because I'm talking about Marvel Animation as a whole, not just now.

Also that's your opinion on Chris Evans. Reading Comic Book News it seems the vast majority love Chris as Captain America. You and I just differ on what we think about ole' Chris.

To destroy our arch enemies regardless of what world or time they are from.

P1120661.jpg

Just pledge your allegiance to us even if only for a short time and we will deliver your enemies unto you.

P1120654.jpg

I'll join if you replace my mask.

P1120681.jpg

Consider it done and anything else you guys need let me know I'll make it happen.

P1120659.jpg

What have you got to lose, there is no commitment, just death to all who oppose us.

Just raise your left hand and the fun can begin.

P1120683.jpg

Will the villains from numerous worlds unite? Stay tuned to find out more...