Marvel Select Chitauri

FrankCastle

I have a bad feeling about this...

Just kidding, my hopes are still high.

I never even heard of these guys before this. I guess it could never have been the Skrull, I'm sure they can save them for later, they are too well known to be killed off in the first movie.

So basically just a bunch faceless characters, similar to Clones from Star Wars, this will make it ok to see them blown up and shot. Also similar to the Hydra agents as well.

I hope there is just major destruction from beginning to end, judging by the trailers, my hopes are even higher.

We already know who all the characters are.

They are the Skrulls technically. Just in the Ultimate-verse. I'm more of a 616 guy myself but alot of the Ultimate stuff translates to screen well. (Sam Jackson Nick Fury for instance) The main reason we have no real "Skrulls" is simply the Fox/Sony deal where they own the rights to FF4 and their characters (Skrulls being in that pool)

Oh wow you're right frankcastle. I just now read the Joss Whedon statement about the Chitauri. I wonder if they're gonna have the whole WW2 backstory with cap fighting that Kleisser dude. I remember in one panel Kleisser tells janet that different races have different names for them and Skrull was simply what the Africans had called them when they first landed on earth.

Oh wow you're right frankcastle. I just now read the Joss Whedon statement about the Chitauri. I wonder if they're gonna have the whole WW2 backstory with cap fighting that Kleisser dude. I remember in one panel Kleisser tells janet that different races have different names for them and Skrull was simply what the Africans had called them when they first landed on earth.

I'm sure there won't be a whole lot of character development on these guys. There's so many other characters (namely the heroes) to cram into one movie that I'm sure the bad guys will just end up as battlefield fodder.

ugh... more ultimate universe bullcrap

Ultimate has it's goods and bads. The good side is most of it is really well written. The bad part is most of the time the story isn't believable or it just isn't as cool as the source material. They actually did a great job with the original Ultimates series though. It translates well becuse most stuff in Ultimate verse is based on modern day happenings, not developed off of 60-70 years of history and backstory

I used to buy all of the Ultimate universe stuff... so I know it's not bad.

But I bought it and read it as an ALTERNATE universe.

I have no clue why Marvel studios prefers it over the REAL Marvel universe.

There is no way in hell that the Ultimate Universe deserves to have any influence on any movie/tv show/ or whatever.

They are the Skrulls technically. Just in the Ultimate-verse. I'm more of a 616 guy myself but alot of the Ultimate stuff translates to screen well. (Sam Jackson Nick Fury for instance) The main reason we have no real "Skrulls" is simply the Fox/Sony deal where they own the rights to FF4 and their characters (Skrulls being in that pool)

It could have to do with Marvel not having the rights to the Kree or the Skrulls because of the Fantastic Four license that Fox currently has. Maybe those two races were included in the deal.

I think you may be on to something... :spidey_deadtopic:

It's funny how easy it is for you all to accept everything else in this movie...Black Nick Fury (Ultimate Nick Fury), Mark Ruffalo playing the Hulk (instead of Edward Norton), Chris 'The Human Torch' Evans playing Captain America, an "ultimate" looking Hawkeye....

But when it comes to alien races, it is hard for you to accept that they have used the Chitauri (or whoever they turn out to be) instead of the Kree or Skrulls. They take liberties in movies. We need to accept it and move on. There are licensing issues and backstory issues, etc., which makes this a better move.

I still believe this will be a really great movie, so let's all sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride! :biggrin: