WHATS THE MOST YOU'VE PAID?

JIMIVEGAS

Hey all, i started this thread because there's a marvel legends resurgence and I've been on a marvel legends binge dropping cash like it's water on some old figures I missed. Today, I won a crossbones figure for $65 shipped from ebay without even knowing a thing about the character until recently. I just know that I've been obsessed with the mold ever since i got piledriver and thunderball. Before winning crossbones, I won an original costume warpath last week for $48. I guess I just love the mold. Do you guys think i paid too much for these two? what makes these two desirable? and what is the deal with Deadpool? why is he worth so much when his marvel select counterpart is a pretty damn good representation and more attainable? Also, After doing some research on figures I've been eyeing, I noticed that for some reason ARES and some other figures from that wave seem to be hot figures right now. What is the deal? I don't know if i can ever come to terms with buying a figure for $125-$150. Who knows, if i want Ares that badly, I may retract that last sentence. Before Ares, I thought the Sentinel was the end all be all marvel legends figure and the most expensive, looking on ebay and a lot of b/s/t forums, sadly I am mistaken. Have we gone too far paying mad loot for toys? Cough**Masked Dark Wolverine, cough** Big time spidey Cough***

Figures' values are really about 2 things. Supply and demand (counting as one) and then desirability. (I guess quality would be a 3rd make or break feature) Deadpool is so valuable because he possesses all 3. He's an awesome character, there's not too many of the figures floating around, and his sculpt and articulation is flawless. The MS version is more like a statue so there's really no comparing the two. Crossbones was a great buy if it came with accessories and even more if it came the Ares leg. (which I will gladly buy from you if it did) Warpath was an OK deal too from what I have seen out of him price wise. They both are sought after because of lack of distribution combined with the coolness of the characters.

Now to the main thread topic.. lol

I have never really spent too much on an individual figure as much as I have splurged on a lot of figures or a complete wave. I bought the Red Hulk wave all in one shot and it was a little pricey (not too bad since it was a couple years ago. And the new Legends I have purchased all minus the 2 'unicorns.' The most I have prolly dropped on a single fig is Sentinel last year at SDCC. Only regrets there was having to go back to the hotel to drop him off because he was so damn heavy. (and having to carry him on the plane to Florida)

I would disagree that deadpool has a superb sculpt. Only because of those massive shoulders and the small head. But he does come with a nice arsenal.

Honestly, the most ever for me was like... 40 bucks with face off cap. I got ares for like... 35 bucks basically. Even got crossbones a few months ago MIB for 7 bucks. Guess I'm just lucky though.

Sorry frank, the crossbones i got is complete loose without ares leg. that's another thing. some of these baf parts are just insane in value. Also, when the hasbro deadpool warpath 2 pack came out i thought i had a sure chance at deadpool but i never saw that pack in stores. I take that back, i saw the variant pack in stores once. I picked it up and set it back down because i was dumbfounded on the costume deadpool had on. I thought that version would be the easier pack to find so i just walked away from it. I was because i never saw that pack again. to this day i am kicking myself. Is that deadpool just as good as the original? Eventually i paid $30 for a near complete original marvel legends deadpool. 1 machine gun and extra head missing and no doop(which i hear isn't really needed). Frank, How is that sdcc sentinel? i think I may pull the trigger on that sentinel version since big bad has them for a decent price. I don't want to regret it later when it's gone...

I would disagree that deadpool has a superb sculpt. Only because of those massive shoulders and the small head. But he does come with a nice arsenal.

Honestly, the most ever for me was like... 40 bucks with face off cap. I got ares for like... 35 bucks basically. Even got crossbones a few months ago MIB for 7 bucks. Guess I'm just lucky though.

Do you still have the leg from Crossbones since you already have Ares complete? That's the last piece I'm missing

Sorry frank, the crossbones i got is complete loose without ares leg. that's another thing. some of these baf parts are just insane in value. Also, when the hasbro deadpool warpath 2 pack came out i thought i had a sure chance at deadpool but i never saw that pack in stores. I take that back, i saw the variant pack in stores once. I picked it up and set it back down because i was dumbfounded on the costume deadpool had on. I thought that version would be the easier pack to find so i just walked away from it. I was because i never saw that pack again. to this day i am kicking myself. Is that deadpool just as good as the original? Eventually i paid $30 for a near complete original marvel legends deadpool. 1 machine gun and extra head missing and no doop(which i hear isn't really needed). Frank, How is that sdcc sentinel? i think I may pull the trigger on that sentinel version since big bad has them for a decent price. I don't want to regret it later when it's gone...

I think I paid $60 for it at the con but the SDCC color goes for well over $100 now I believe. The less popular color is in most Walmarts still. They are on clearance for $39 in most places but some have them for $20 around them. Will buy a few more if they drop to $20.

Here's some comparison pics I found

2011-07-28_12-33-41_893.jpg

(big box is SDCC version)

072911132208.jpg

SDCC in blister pack on wall, retail version loose in front, BAF version to the right

Paid $65 for a complete Fin Fang Foom about 2 years ago, hated the wave but wanted Foom. I still own Windigo and world war hulk from that wave, had all at one time or another but sold them. I got deadpool Complete Loose in a mixed lot that I paid about $95 all together for but it also came with about 27 other figures including a Hawkeye, Magneto, Sabertooth, Gambit, and others. Shyt the Last time Figures were $10 in retail was before Hasbro??

My toybiz ML Deadpool. Somewhere between $60 - 70. Cant remember exactly. Transformers are a different story though. Even some of the new ones as well as the old ones are pricey.

Yea haha, Transformers are totally different. I dropped 150 on the Masterpiece Thrust from igear, and another 100 for their PP05 (ironhide)

wow and i thought i was crazy with 80usd for the black widow/winter soldier 2 pack, lol

ouch.. I just got one for $38 shipped but it was variant pack. I paid retail plus tax plus shipping.

i got the black version of black widow. it is hard to find. no one has it. most of the time i see the grey version at a good price but the black version is nowhere to be seen.

I've paid high prices a couple times on rare figures. I found the Variant Cable and Deadpool back in 2005 I believe at a Comic Shop. The dude wanted 40 bucks a piece for them but I ended up getting both for 70. I owned the regular Cable at the time but hadn't opened him and I was never able to find Deadpool before that day. When I first joined this forum I made good friends with Onyx and traded him some Predator and Alien statues and was able to get a few good Legends loose from him. One of them was Series 6 Deadpool! Which was awesome because the one I bought at the comic shop I never opened so I now have a Deadpool on my shelf posed. I had two series 6 Juggernauts, one opened, one loose. My best friends Philip and Patrick's dad died so I decided to give them both Series 6 Juggernauts I had because everysince they were kids he was their favorite villain. I ended up buying another MOC on Ebay for 45 or so dollars a year later MOC and traded Onyx for one loose.

I ended up paying 30 bucks shipped for a MOC Series 6 Cable figure that I opened because my other regular Cable was still MOC. I got lucky with the regular Hasbro Deadpool/Warpath and my bro Clam or Brymstone snagged them for me I believe because I live far away from Toys R Us and could never find it. I ended up finding one at a comic shop still packaged later on for 40 bucks and decided it wasn't much of a mark up and purchased it so I would have one MOC. I ended up getting a couple of the Variant Deadpool/Warpath packs at Toys R Us on clearance for 10 bucks a piece. Got doubles of the Black Widow/Winter Solider regular set at Toys R Us and one pack of the Variant. I was only able to find one Hulk/Valkerie set however and I couldn't force myself to keep it MINT and opened that sucker! Ended up trading a member on this forum for one MOC.

I've never really paid that much for Legends because I was always on the hunt and was lucky to find both the regular and variant and get doubles of each most of the time. I have paid crazy prices for Transformer figures though!! I paid 135 dollars for the Takara G1 Colored (white and red) Starscream over a year ago. I paid 100 plus for Masterpiece Optimus Prime and to many more to mention.

Hell I paid 65 dollars just to get the Sota 6 inch M. Bison figure a few years ago. I got lucky on that though because I mentioned to the seller I'd be interested in buying his other Street Fighter figures and he was kind and sent me an opened Vega with all his accessories and an opened Guile for free.

I'd say the craziest price I've ever paid was 160 dollars shipped on a rare Model kit of the Enterprise-E. It's original price was around 50 bucks but it became so rare and popular that was by far the cheapest priced one. I believe it was worth it considering the detail as almost as good as the Movie model and all the windows and lights light up and flash. Plus it's a decent size.

The only reason the BAFs prices are cool to me are because you'd have spent around that same amount or more collecting the individual pieces to get them. I've spent the most getting my Giant Man wave a few years ago. I managed to get the Galactus wave cheap at a convention later that year with $20 being the most for one figure. All moc. I got a special fund set aside for the regular HML Deadpool and Warpath 2 pack. I already know I'm gonna pay a little cash for them. I wouldnt care if they were loose or not as long as they were complete. Still the prices run about the same. Waiting to get lucky though. The most I plan to do though is that G1 Fortress Maximus from Transformers. Can you say house payment?

Shyt the Last time Figures were $10 in retail was before Hasbro??

exactly. well, I think Hasbro started out at around 10 bucks, didn't they? But I have never paid full price for a Hasbro Marvel Legend.

All the ones I got were on clearance for 5 bucks. And I only got them to make Build A Figures (Annihilus, Blob, Ronan, and Ares)

Let's see dragon man from ff4 classics line 250 and best ever psylocke variant 600 would have gotten it for a little less but solidsnakeinmypants threw in a last bid lol but yeah. Some hasbro figs like the ares and Ronan series go for a lot because not many were made hasbro just made enought to keep us quiet but I have them all store price. Only 2 figs I am missing is blue wasp variant and Luke cage variant if you have them and need the money send me a message I'll take them off your hand.

I was happy to snag a loose Blue/Grey Ultimate Captain America for $15.00 today. I would of paid more since I was looking for that figure, but love cheap Buy-It-Now's. Over the years there have been figures that I have bought and sold for various amounts, but I can't think of having buyer's remorse. I occasionally will look up figures like Dragon Man and realize that if I ever sold mine, I probably won't be buying another because the prices keep going up.

I'm still new to collecting ML figures, but so far the most I've paid is $60.00-plus for the classic version of the Ultimates Cap. I have some remorse because I didn't pay close enough attention to the auction pics and the figure had some paint issues. I'd like to get the blue and gray regular version...

I also recently paid $98.00 for the ML Icons masked Cap, but there's absolutely no remorse for that one. (lol) It is truly a work of art.

Most I have paid was around 100 bucks for deadpool series 6 MOC. i started collecting way late so i had to overpay for alot of figures. Some figures like Toad, Face off Cap, Ronan, Fin Fang Foom I still need. I still need ares leg that came with the vision figure. I already have the toybiz vision which i like better so i can't pull the trigger on paying 50 bucks for vision and the leg to finish ares, but one day i'll say the hell with it and do it. 100 bucks is tops for me though on one figure. Deadpool is worth it for sure. Recently I just started collecting the Sota Street Fighter figures and those things are pricey, but there so damn awesome looking.