WHATS THE MOST YOU'VE PAID?

JIMIVEGAS

I am embarrased to be posting this, but I dropped $200 on a Scarlet Witch from Singapore when it was supposed to be cancelled out of the Legendary Riders Wave. I even called Toybiz to verify the figure was being cancelled. The guy on the other end was probably laughing his a** off when he told me yes. Picked a second one up at Toys R Us a few months later for about $8. Not a very good figure.

I hate to say I've probably overpaid for a few figures. Everything I have is MIB, in storage containers. I have all the rare figures, 4 or 5 Deadpools, 4 or 5 Juggernauts, Bobby Drake, and pretty much everything else, except the FF (Dragon Man Set), I sold the set on Ebay a few years ago for around $350 when I was moving.

I'll post some pics later of what I have.

I am embarrased to be posting this, but I dropped $200 on a Scarlet Witch from Singapore when it was supposed to be cancelled out of the Legendary Riders Wave. I even called Toybiz to verify the figure was being cancelled. The guy on the other end was probably laughing his a** off when he told me yes. Picked a second one up at Toys R Us a few months later for about $8. Not a very good figure.

I hate to say I've probably overpaid for a few figures. Everything I have is MIB, in storage containers. I have all the rare figures, 4 or 5 Deadpools, 4 or 5 Juggernauts, Bobby Drake, and pretty much everything else, except the FF (Dragon Man Set), I sold the set on Ebay a few years ago for around $350 when I was moving.

Interested in selling a Deadpool?

Haha. I vividly remember the whole fracas over Scarlet Witch.

Well, we received Big Time Spidey all over in retail here in Singapore this past month, and I won't be surprised that it'll be released on a massive scale in the States soon enough.

The most I ever paid for a single action figure was around $80.00 for a FF Classics Dragon Man (I didn't actually pay for him myself though, I got him for Christmas, but I know how much he cost). The most I ever personally paid was around $65.00 for a Hulk Classics Absorbing Man MOC.

I really can't stomach paying a ton of money for any action figure. I've been on board the ML train since day one. Even earlier in fact, with the original Spider-Man Classics, so I've been able to get most of my figures at retail prices. I never did find a Series 6 Deadpool, so I don't own him because he's way too pricey on Ebay.

I did get lucky and I found all of the last 2-packs at retail. The one's with Deadpool, Warpath, Black Widow and etc. (regular sets and variants). The only thing I regret is not picking up extras. They were hanging around my local TRU for several weeks and I could have easily snagged 2 complete sets of all of them. Who knew they'd become so valuable on the secondary market. I figured that if I could find them easily, then most likely everyone else could too, and they'd end up being pretty much worthless. Go figure.

I had a similar experience with the Ares Wave. I found the whole wave at Wal-Mart, and then a couple of weeks later I found the whole Wave again (with 2 Crossbones) hanging on the pegs at another Wal-Mart close to me, but since I already had them, I passed. Dumb move! But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.