walmart frustration

spiderdan

just venting here but maybe some of you have had bad experiences with walmart in terms of selection, exclusives etc.

I gotta say, these new 6 in avengers figures are going to be rough to come across. In illinois alone, there are only 6 walmarts that i know of that got the exclusives and they are all gone. I have heard from alot of different managers that once they are sold out, thats it. They arent getting anymore.

Please feel free to vent.

I used to have the worst experiences at wal-mart, then I met a guy who worked in toys and was a big comic book fan but didn't collect figures. I got him into marvel universe and he loves the line. Now anytime I need inside info, like expected shipment dates he gets them for me with no problem. I'm not into paying employees to hold figures, but I don't mind the heads up.

I love when they don't ring up at the cash register and the checker then turns to me and says I can't let you have these, they are not in the system. I threw a fit at the front til a manager showed up and then did a price check like they are supposed to do.

Looking for me walmart nearbye to pop soon with wave to so i can get a piledriver and a spidey yet. They got the first wave then for about two weeks there was three rows empty with one single Klaw in the fourth. Then that sold and now for three weeks weve had four empty rows where the legends are supposed to be it is very frustrating especially when I know damn well as soon as it comes in its gonna go out so Ill most likely miss my little window to get my pick

I love when they don't ring up at the cash register and the checker then turns to me and says I can't let you have these, they are not in the system. I threw a fit at the front til a manager showed up and then did a price check like they are supposed to do.

I hate when stores put them out early and their is a release date and they won't sell them. Once I called K-Mart when they first got the new G.I Joe movie figures in and they said they had just stocked them. I drive like 20 some odd miles to pick them up and they won't sell them to me because they were released early, wtf lol. Luckly the women gave me a 10 dollar gift card because I told her it's a waste of gas coming back tomorrow to buy them with the correct street date.

just venting here but maybe some of you have had bad experiences with walmart in terms of selection, exclusives etc.

I gotta say, these new 6 in avengers figures are going to be rough to come across. In illinois alone, there are only 6 walmarts that i know of that got the exclusives and they are all gone. I have heard from alot of different managers that once they are sold out, thats it. They arent getting anymore.

Please feel free to vent.

Whoa what? Are you serious? They're not going to order anymore??? Why wouldn't they order more when they're selling so well? What's the point of making them exclusive to a store if the store is barely going to order any???

Every store I've talked to said they only had one case on order, but I assumed they were test cases so if I wasn't able to get them all at once I would have another chance later when they order more.

But now I'm thinking they won't order any more at all.

i feel so pathetic in a way. i called up 6 walmarts yesterday and took a 30 minute trip just to get a battle damaged aveners 6in iron man. thats all that was left. i should make a shirt that says, " i drove half an hour and called 6 walmarts and all i got was this stinkin battle damaged iron man." lol

besides that, from multiple managers i have heard its one and done. but who knows. walmart staff is as helpful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

so they dont sell it because there is a date on the box? thats so lame. like hasbro would check who sells the figures first, lol.

Yeah it's happened to me a few times, it's so lame. Apparently sometimes Hasbro sends the stores a certain date that their supposed to put the figures out and if they put them out early they won't ring up or something. I usually get them to sell them to me but K-Mart wasn't having none of it. I told her that I drove all way out there to pick them up because someone said they had just stocked them and she gave me 10 dollar gift card so that would cover my gas when I drive back the next day.

The movie 6in hulk I had to pull the trigger on it. Shipped out already I figured might as well get it because I'm not gonna waist the gas traveling around my city. We have 18 walmarts here in San Diego and im not gonna take a trip to all. If I happen to come across the wave cool. Conclusion I need this hulk. Lol