Silver Surfer - which is the best???

Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a Silver Surfer for my son. I wanted to get everyone's thoughts about which one to get. I looked through the database at some figures but want to see what you guys thought.

I like the classic look better- not crazy about the savage silver surfer.

Few things come into play... Do any of these figures have peg holes so te board can be and stays attached. I also read about the magnets on one of the generations. How well do they work? Can you pick the figure up and the board stays attached?

My son is 5 and I know he will want to fly him around on his board.

Thanks for the input in advance.

Since he's only 5, I'd say go with one of the older ones from Toy Biz Marvel Legends. The sculpt isn't as good as the Hasbro Ronan series one, but they do have pegs on the boards and foot holes.

Marvel Legends: http://marvelousnews.com/database/search.php?itemid=343

Same sculpt, no magnets, different paint: http://marvelousnews.com/database/search.php?itemid=811

The Hasbro one is better, IMHO, from a collector's standpoint because of the sculpt and "chrome" board which is really shiny. Unfortunately, it will also probably be more expensive than the Toy Biz versions.

Hasbro: http://marvelousnews.com/database/search.php?itemid=1057

That Hasbro one IS better! I was never able to find that series when they came out, but I picked up a re-release of SS from wal-mart about 3 years ago and I agree that one would be just fine for a 5 year old.

Sculptwise (it's more old Kirby school) I prefer the original it also had magnets under his feet so he can stay on a metal strip on his board. Since this is for a 5 yo I suggest this because the foot pegs on the board may break off.

I would recommend either of the Hasbro versions for a five year old because the likelihood of the foot pegs breaking off seems safer than one of the small magnets in the TB Surfer's foot coming loose during play and possibly ending up in his mouth. The Ronan series Surfer does seem to be a sturdier plastic which would hold up better during play. If you are concerned about the foot pegs breaking off, odds are it would break off inside the figures foot.

Hello and thank you guys for your input. I am leaning towards the magnetic board SS. Followed by the Walmart exclusive edition. I like the Ronan series but it's just a little too much right now.

I really have had no luck with the series 5 magnetic board either. eBay prices are through the roof right now $40 or so.... I can get the Walmart exclusive for about 25...

Does anyone know where I could locate either for a decent price. I have PayPal and would be willing to pay... I don't really have anything to trade because my son is just starting his collection. Thanks for your help in advance.