Your First ML figure?

Romulus

What was your first ML figure? My first was the ML wave 3 Thor back in 2002 or 03. I bought him for $9 at Suncoast. At the time I thought the price was high but one can't predict the future. Back then I only had a Famous Covers 9 inch Thor and I wanted a smaller version with better articulation. I was amazed at the sculpt and detail of this figure, at the time I had only seen this type of work on the Mcfarlane line. Plus these were Marvel characters? Wow! This was the first of several more through the years. I plan on posting pics of my collection soon.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a Star Wars collector from 1995-2006. When I was a kid, I was really into Spider-Man and the X-men b/c of the cartoons, so I had a ton of X-men and spidey figures. While technically not a ML, I did get the original Spider-Man classics regular and black costume spideys b/c they came out around the same time as the Activision game for PlayStation and I was starting to get back into the characters.

In my SW collecting days, I always thought ML were really cool figures when I saw them in the toy aisles. Looking back, i remember actually seeing a Deadpool in a Wal-Mart somewhere and wanting to get it since I always wanted the old one from the X-Force line and never got it, but I passed.

I quit collecting Star Wars around 2006-7, and my first official ML figure was the Hasbro FFF King Hulk b/c I loved World War Hulk so much and thought it was a great figure. One thing led to another, and I bought the two packs that came out around the same time, and the rest is history. I've bought all the new stuff as it's come out and backfilled my collection through eBay and buying loose figures at conventions.

I bought the whole first wave, plus the Gold Iron Man Variant, at a TRU that was next door to the Best Buy I worked at during that time. I was blown away at how sweet they looked, even Toad. Had no idea how special that Variant was & what it would lead to. I was into the Spidey figs that came out just before them as well, like others...

mine was the first Punisher they released (series 5?) I was big into the movie, I even had a punisher shirt that i wore under my pads when i played football in high school. I couldnt pass it up. I got that one and fell for the line, my next one was the Ultimate Cap, then Beta Ray Bill and Iceman etc. etc. but the one that i still will pick up to this day and "pose" for hours is that Punisher, that was the fig that really spurred my adult collecting. I even have 4 more MOC just in case he ever breaks or gets lost/stolen.

Not counting Spider-Man Classics. I bought the Series 1 Captain America and the gold variant Iron Man at TRU. I later went ahead and picked up the standard Iron Man as well. I passed on Toad and Hulk because I didn't like the way they looked. Toad was too big for his character and Hulk just didn't look quite right to me. (In fact I didn't pick up a Hulk figure until the Face Off version came out).

I was a Star Wars collector from 1995-2006. When I was a kid, I was really into Spider-Man and the X-men b/c of the cartoons, so I had a ton of X-men and spidey figures. While technically not a ML, I did get the original Spider-Man classics regular and black costume spideys b/c they came out around the same time as the Activision game for PlayStation and I was starting to get back into the characters.

In my SW collecting days, I always thought ML were really cool figures when I saw them in the toy aisles. Looking back, i remember actually seeing a Deadpool in a Wal-Mart somewhere and wanting to get it since I always wanted the old one from the X-Force line and never got it, but I passed.

I quit collecting Star Wars around 2006-7, and my first official ML figure was the Hasbro FFF King Hulk b/c I loved World War Hulk so much and thought it was a great figure. One thing led to another, and I bought the two packs that came out around the same time, and the rest is history. I've bought all the new stuff as it's come out and backfilled my collection through eBay and buying loose figures at conventions.

Pretty much what happened to me except I still collected SW for 2 more years and then made the jump to Marvel Legends with the Face off Daredevil and Kingpin.

• 2 weeks later...
Not counting the spiderman figs that came before legends, I remember buying captain america at a babbages (pre-gamestop). If only I had known how many more of these things I'd be buying.

Same, same and same.

I still have him.

There's a real difference in what people who have been getting them since they began want from them and expect.

Makes me a little insensitive to how some people act since I've had the benefit of owning them all without ever having to do the Ebay thing.

My first ML figure was the series 6 brown Wolverine...that was in the summer of 2005. Within two weeks, I had all of the then available X-Men characters (heroes and villians) thanks to eBay. By the fall, I had every character I could find an excuse to relate to the X-men...and then, I just started buying them all.

It's interesting to look back and think about how I "slid" into collecting ML. Same thing happend with the TB LotR figures. TB had some of the BEST toys, and they still are some of the best. I'm currently a SW and GIJoe collector, and it's really sad how poorly modern Hasbro toys compare to the quality and "playability" of the TB (and LotR) ML stuff (even GIJoe, who is pretty darn poseable as is.) It makes me look back on that burst of collecting excitement my first ML gave me, and be really jealous of how nice it used to be haha

• 5 months later...

My first ML figure was Colossus.

I bought him on holiday in Spain. That guy blew me away! I had never seen anything like that in Dutch toystores. I remember my wonderful wife endulging me in the toystore, but then when I opened him up and started moving him around she did give me a couple of strange looks.

I was as happy as a little kid and she (oh fortunate me) appreciated that. Colossus was always one of my absolute favourite characters, and when I bought him on a whim, I never expected that moment to become the start of a collection. They are all proudly displayed at our home, and for about a year now, my two daughters have picked up MU collecting.

My first figs were the Spider-Man Classics and I picked up all of series 1 at the same time except for Toad which was actually a hold over from a less articulated ML type line. This line also had a Wolverine figure which they later released with a X-Men Movie Wolverine figure at KB Toys. Thats why Toad didn't have very good articulation compared to the other ML figures. After that TB started sending us ML figures for review purposes... Ah the good ol' days.