Your First ML figure?

Romulus

I was ML2 Namor. Opening that package was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had collecting toys.

The figure was like nothing I had ever seen before.. all the realistic articulation, the attention to detail in his sculpt and paint, he came with a wave of water to display him on a shelf, and even a comic book! All for the low low price of about 6.98 or whatever!

Toybiz ML are easily the greatest modern toyline of all time

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing for me is that I never planned on collecting Marvel Legend when I came across them.

In fact, I had stopped collecting figures a few years prior to ML.

I was checking out Amazon, and wanted to see if I could find the old Avengers Reborn line that had Scarlet Witch, Thor, Loki, and Iron-Man. When the search on Thor came up it was for a pre-order on Marvel Legends.

Since Thor was one of my favorite heroes, I wanted him.

I would later find Thor and Wolverine together just before Christmas, and that started my ML collecting.

Just wish that I never passed up on the original Namor figure way back then.

• 7 months later...

I used to get them here and there when I was much younger, my memories a bit fuzzy but after checking marvellegends.net I guess Movie Daredevil was the first one I ever got. I know I started off with the Spider-Man Classics line though, I really loved those figures. The first figures I got when I started collecting recently though were Bucky Cap and Stealth variant Extremis Iron Man.

• 1 month later...

Kitty Pryde and Wasp. Picking up Kitty is what made me decide to finally give the line a try back then. I already had all that 90s stuff and didnt see a need to have more marvel figures. Well I'm still kicking myself for having to battle it out on ebay and conventions. But hey it's fun when you win a good deal and I've gotten most of what I want now anyway and Hasbro is stepping up its game.

Oddly enough, Toad! Got him in a Gamestop in Flushing, Queens.

I was such a big X-Men fan at the time, and then I just started picking up every figure. I didn't realize at the start how extensive the line would turn out to be. Toad implied the scope would be broad because he was this odd minor character in a wave with Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk. I was hooked from the start.

• 9 months later...

Posting after such a long time from the previous post is probably a crime around these parts, but i recently got (BACK) into Marvel Legends. I'm 18 and got my first one when I was about 9 I reckon. It was the Professor X from the Galactus series. I played the living daylights outta the thing. I went on to collect the entire Galactus, Onslaught and MOJO series and a couple of other figures from various other series.

Now come 2014, and I've found myself buying (non-ML) figures. This has brought some old feelings close to home and I wanna relive part of the excitement from when I was a kid. I'm not looking at collecting them all or anything nuts, but I'm looking at Toad from the first series as a nice place to start.

This is SUPER exciting for me and....well, annoying cause there are SO many other things I really want to buy but...will I regret the purchase(s)? Probably not, no. :)

This was my first post btw....sorry if I seem like a numpty. :)

Iceman, Series 8. Although it's fallen down and broken quite a few times I still remember the moment when I opened him and beheld the awesome articulation, paint, and sculpt. Compared to the five inch and smaller figures I'd been collecting this was insanely articulated and much more detailed. From there things got out of control, but I haven't regretted collecting for one minute, except maybe not starting sooner, finding some of the older figures for the right price can be a pain haha, but worth it.

First one I ever got:

ML Series 8 Storm. This was when I thought $15 a figure was overpriced. Now how I long for those days.

I immediately got an Elektra, Psylocke, and Arachne after Storm, but it would be 3 years later till I got my next few figures (Emma, Deathstrike, Mystique, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Tigra... see a pattern here?) and another 2-3 years after that point till I actually started collecting as many of the figures as I could.

Now, I have most of the major waves except for: Fin Fang Foom, most of the Face-Offs, and Series 1 Hasbro 2packs.

Iceman, Series 8. Although it's fallen down and broken quite a few times I still remember the moment when I opened him and beheld the awesome articulation, paint, and sculpt. Compared to the five inch and smaller figures I'd been collecting this was insanely articulated and much more detailed. From there things got out of control, but I haven't regretted collecting for one minute, except maybe not starting sooner, finding some of the older figures for the right price can be a pain haha, but worth it.

I also remember seeing it in the stores for the first time and opening it too. Such a cool memory really.

• 4 weeks later...

My first was Constrictor from ROML Terrax Wave. I got into action figures again since I used to collect wrestling figures but got disinterested in them since they changed companies. So then I looked up ML and my bro got me the Constictor, then days later I went to buy IM and Hope. Then I started collecting them but I've missed out on a couple or a lot from each wave which sucks since here on Chicago you can barely find anything since ML is gone in like a day, and I'm like what happened here? And there's no TRU close to me they're all pretty far from me as well as the Comic Book shops there all really near downtown or in downtown.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just picked up my first ML figure last week. London Drugs is selling the Captain America Infinte Series Winter Soldier figures for $12.99. Never planned to ever get any, but at $12.99, I couldn't resist. Bought Black Widow first and the next day, ended up getting the rest of the wave. Had to track down the Mandroid arms off Ebay though and now have a complete Mandroid as well.

I managed to price match Toys R Us and got the WWII Captain America too. Now just waiting to get the new Toys R Us 3-pack with Coulson. I wish the Stealth Suit Captain America had a pair of gripping hands though so I can give him a gun to hold.

• 3 weeks later...

Was out shopping at Target when I saw the Terrax wave. I was like Terrax!!!! I was big fan of the Silver Surfer comics and had the several issues where they fought Morg, etc. I was like I have to get this one, so the first figure I got was Hope Summers. Yup, Hope Summers, then got the whole wave. After that I was hooked. Got a whole wall of Marvel Legends now.

Was out shopping at Target when I saw the Terrax wave. I was like Terrax!!!! I was big fan of the Silver Surfer comics and had the several issues where they fought Morg, etc. I was like I have to get this one, so the first figure I got was Hope Summers. Yup, Hope Summers, then got the whole wave. After that I was hooked. Got a whole wall of Marvel Legends now.

Similar story here.

I had purchased X-Men and other Marvel figures for my younger brother back in the early 90's.

I was a Star Wars fan as a kid, and felt burned by nostalgia for the toys when the prequels came out. I bought a bunch of stuff, but didn't have anywhere to display or use them.

So during Christmas 2012, I was looking for something to get my nephew. I had already gotten him a bunch of MiniMates, but was looking for something different.

I was at Fry's of all places, and randomly saw Fantomex on a corner isle. I don't know why, but I was really drawn to it. Was a bit leery of the $15 (hah!) price tag, but I bought it.

Facebook recently notified me of a picture that I took two years ago of the kid with all the Legends we'd collected, which was about 20 at the time.

Here we are today,

vpge39.jpg

I need to slow down.