ML character you don't want new versions of

Romulus

The recent ML figures you want to see thread got me thinking of characters that have several versions of already or I don't think need anymore. In my case.

1. Iron Man. I have 9 or 10 versions of this guy and I don't want anymore.

2. Captain America. Unless it's the Bucky Cap I have all the Caps I need. THe Ultimate and Faceoff versions hold up very well.

3. Hulk. I know the Hulk is popular but they can use the resources to make a character that has not had a figure yet. The only Hulk figure that I would want at this point is King Hulk but I'm not paying $60 for one on Ebay.

4. Spiderman. I have several ML and related line Spiderman figures. The only reason that the recent version interests me is because if his design.

5. Punisher. The only Punisher figure that I have is the old ML version and that's enough. Despite sculpt changed what else could one do with the character? If you did not buy a earlier version if might be cheaper to buy a recent one.

6.Wolverine. I have several versions of Wolverine and I tend to skip the recent version no matter what he is dressed in.

7. Deadpool. This one is a tough one. A lot of people did not get a chance at the old ML Deadpool and he is very expensive these days so buying a later version is understandable. But I have a feeling they will go nuts with releases of him the same as they did with Wolverine.

Now if Hasbro would stop making Iron Men ect for a while they could make a 90's Jubilee figure or perhaps a modern Luke Cage or a better and modern Scarlet Witch. They seem to have the Gi joe way of thinking meaning that they think releasing Snake Eyes, Duke and Cobra Commander are sure sellers. That is not really right considering after a while I stopped buying all of those versions of the same character. I don'tbuy Optimus Prime, Megatron or (especially) Bumblebee either. Now the ML line is suppesedly for kids but a lot of kids don't know whw a lot of the characters are and they can't spend $16 or more per figure for a entire wave so there seems to be confusion who these figures are marketed for on Hasbro's part. Another thought is that since the Avengers is a hit and Spiderman will probably do well at the Box Office we will be seeing more of the characters with a lot of exposure. That means I will be skipping some figures.

opinions?

dont forget

-green goblin

-venom

-doc ock

they could skip these to for a very long time

Yeah they had a nice Venom Spidey Origns version a few years back plus there are two ML versions of Green Goblin and Doc Ock not counting the movie versions. We don't need to see another Hobgoblin either imo.

All those characters have one thing in common they SELL. Kids are always gonna buy those figures to play with. Now collectors are sick of them. If they didn't sell hasbro wouldn't make them. Deadpool?! With new dead arc (which sucked) and x force being so popular, why would they not make more. All they had was OLDDD ML which is expensive, double pack warpath and then 3 (2 in mutlipacks) 3.75s. Keep them coming i cant wait for the x force deadpool ML and would like to see a 3.75 one along with hydra bob.

The recent ML figures you want to see thread got me thinking of characters that have several versions of already or I don't think need anymore. In my case.

2. Captain America. Unless it's the Bucky Cap I have all the Caps I need. THe Ultimate and Faceoff versions hold up very well.

3. Hulk. I know the Hulk is popular but they can use the resources to make a character that has not had a figure yet. The only Hulk figure that I would want at this point is King Hulk but I'm not paying $60 for one on Ebay.

4. Spiderman. I have several ML and related line Spiderman figures. The only reason that the recent version interests me is because if his design.

5. Punisher. The only Punisher figure that I have is the old ML version and that's enough. Despite sculpt changed what else could one do with the character? If you did not buy a earlier version if might be cheaper to buy a recent one.

6.Wolverine. I have several versions of Wolverine and I tend to skip the recent version no matter what he is dressed in.

7. Deadpool. This one is a tough one. A lot of people did not get a chance at the old ML Deadpool and he is very expensive these days so buying a later version is understandable. But I have a feeling they will go nuts with releases of him the same as they did with Wolverine.

Now if Hasbro would stop making Iron Men ect for a while they could make a 90's Jubilee figure or perhaps a modern Luke Cage or a better and modern Scarlet Witch. They seem to have the Gi joe way of thinking meaning that they think releasing Snake Eyes, Duke and Cobra Commander are sure sellers. That is not really right considering after a while I stopped buying all of those versions of the same character. I don'tbuy Optimus Prime, Megatron or (especially) Bumblebee either. Now the ML line is suppesedly for kids but a lot of kids don't know whw a lot of the characters are and they can't spend $16 or more per figure for a entire wave so there seems to be confusion who these figures are marketed for on Hasbro's part. Another thought is that since the Avengers is a hit and Spiderman will probably do well at the Box Office we will be seeing more of the characters with a lot of exposure. That means I will be skipping some figures.

opinions?

Ive been collecting ML since '04 or '05, and aside from Spidey and IM the ones you listed are the only ones that I will buy consistently. Wolvie, Punisher, and Deadpool are my favorite characters so I'll take any and all versions I can get. Deadpool and Punisher have only had a couple of incarnations but Thor has had quite a bit. I assume by your avatar he is your favorite which is why he didnt make your list...point being there are alot of collectors (and kids) out there that dont feel like theyre getting screwed cuz they are getting really awesome incarnations of (in their minds) the most kick ass character ever. And the Hulk has been tough to find everytime, I finally dished out 40 for the Savage Green Hulk from the Fin Fang Foom wave simply because they are so difficult to find in general so i welcome any and all Hulks. I also dont see a point in being too upset about getting new iterations of characters, we could be like DCUC and be out of comission. Or the line could die(again). I for one am just happy to see 6 inchers of any Marvel Characters at this point because that dry spell was horrible.

However to keep in line of the thread...

1. I love the character but, Cyclops. I know he hasnt had a definitive fig yet, but I feel like all of the important versions have been made, even this new pheonix look is essentially the same as before

opinions?

Ive been collecting ML since '04 or '05, and aside from Spidey and IM the ones you listed are the only ones that I will buy consistently. Wolvie, Punisher, and Deadpool are my favorite characters so I'll take any and all versions I can get. Deadpool and Punisher have only had a couple of incarnations but Thor has had quite a bit. I assume by your avatar he is your favorite which is why he didnt make your list...point being there are alot of collectors (and kids) out there that dont feel like theyre getting screwed cuz they are getting really awesome incarnations of (in their minds) the most kick ass character ever. And the Hulk has been tough to find everytime, I finally dished out 40 for the Savage Green Hulk from the Fin Fang Foom wave simply because they are so difficult to find in general so i welcome any and all Hulks. I also dont see a point in being too upset about getting new iterations of characters, we could be like DCUC and be out of comission. Or the line could die(again). I for one am just happy to see 6 inchers of any Marvel Characters at this point because that dry spell was horrible.

However to keep in line of the thread...

1. I love the character but, Cyclops. I know he hasnt had a definitive fig yet, but I feel like all of the important versions have been made, even this new pheonix look is essentially the same as before

Ok . I actually forgot to post it. I do not need any more versions of Thor either. The recent Thor and King Thor are great. The only way I can see buying another is if he is significantly different than any others that I have seen. I see what you mean about Cyke. I have the Xmen classics 90's version and the old first ML version. Due to a short fall and cash I didn't get the Hasbro version plus I just don't like that costume too much. The old ML version lacks articulation in somer areas. I think they used a older body sculpt?

dont forget

-green goblin

-venom

-doc ock

they could skip these to for a very long time

Yeah they had a nice Venom Spidey Origns version a few years back plus there are two ML versions of Green Goblin and Doc Ock not counting the movie versions. We don't need to see another Hobgoblin either imo.

well i would be ok with a new hobgoblin well if it is an actual new costume. i am ok with a lot of characters if they get new costumes. i loved the toybiz era. at least spidey got some love. i can remember that in the end they did 3 different spideys and two villains in one wave. one villain like venom and the other was a less known character like hydroman. that was a good way to go. i read at toyark that there will be a toys r us 6inch 4pack for spidey. guess who will be in it. spidey, doc ock, venom and lizard. so another doc, another venom. add lizard to list. i have enough of him to.

As long as they keep changing Iron Man's armor every other year they will continue to release new figures of him. But, I only really care for his classic look, and we got a very nice version of that armor a couple of years ago in a two-pack, so for me personally, I'm good on Iron Man.

I'm also very satisfied with my Hulk situation. I have the Face Off version, the 1st Appearance Green version, and the newest 2-pack version that came with Valkyrie. I mean the Hulk is big, green and wears torn purple pants, so there ain't a whole lot more you can do with him.

Captain America is another character I'm pretty happy with. I have the ML1 version (which is great), and the Face Off version, (both regular and unmasked variant) which are pretty near perfect, IMO. I don't think they could improve on Cap very much, so I don't really need another one. (I also have Bucky Cap, Commander Rogers, and the new Avengers Movie Cap, but they don't really count). You know, Hasbro could probably just re-release the Face Off Captain America as a single pack figure and it would probably fly off shelves, because the FO version goes for quite a bit these days on Ebay.

Another figure they've made a ton of is Spider-Man, but IMO, they have yet to make the definitive version. The closest they've come is the McFarlane/Campbell Superposeable Spider-Man from Spider-Man Classice Series 12. The only problem with him is he's a little too tall and lanky (even for Spider-Man). However, even if they ever do make another superposeable classic Spider-Man, it probably won't be better than the McFarlane one anyway.

I know this is a "figures you don't want more of" thread, but I can't resist. The figure I would most like them to remake is Daredevil. I would love a perfect DD figure. The original Spider-Man Classic DD is too small and not poseable enough. The second one (Swing and Spin DD) is awesome, but his holster is on the wrong hip, and his joints (especially his knees) are chronically loose. The face off DD is too stylized with big ball jointed shoulders that make him look odd, and finally, the Nemesis DD is just too small and could use more articulation.

I know this is a "figures you don't want more of" thread, but I can't resist. The figure I would most like them to remake is Daredevil. I would love a perfect DD figure. The original Spider-Man Classic DD is too small and not poseable enough. The second one (Swing and Spin DD) is awesome, but his holster is on the wrong hip, and his joints (especially his knees) are chronically loose. The face off DD is too stylized with big ball jointed shoulders that make him look odd, and finally, the Nemesis DD is just too small and could use more articulation.

This, I too believe we haven't gotten a proper Daredevil, I would love it if they released a new one with plenty articulation, correct holster and some good billy clubs. In fact, give me an urban heroes box set with a new Luke Cage,new Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Classic White Tiger and a new DD and I'm a very happy collector.

This, I too believe we haven't gotten a proper Daredevil, I would love it if they released a new one with plenty articulation, correct holster and some good billy clubs. In fact, give me an urban heroes box set with a new Luke Cage,new Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Classic White Tiger and a new DD and I'm a very happy collector.

I'm definitely with you on that. His billy clubs haven't been done correctly yet.

I've got pretty much every version of Hulk in Mls except for the Planet Hulk which I want. But other than that no more. No more Caps unless they redo a classic version with the regular belt. We should have enough Spideys by now between the Classics, Origins, Mls and movie lines to choose from. After this Xforce one we will have enough Wolverines also. He changes about every 5 or ten years anyway. The only one I wouldnt mind is his Team X uniform in Mls scale like TB did in the 90s line. But that's it. Give me more IM any day as long as it's a different armor of course. His armory has got to be deeper than most women's closets. Well depending on who you ask. lol

• 1 year later...

I have been wanting to say this for a long time, We really don't need another :

1) Wolverine ( There are over 10 wolverine figures, enough said)

2) Spiderman ( We have him more than wolverine !)

3) Thor ( 3 is enough ( if done right), 4+ is a crowd)

4) Captain America ( There is a CA figure in every other wave !)

5) Iron Man ( com' on does this guy need to be in every armor he has)

6) Thing ( I think we have enough "Things" for a while)

• 3 weeks later...