Official SDCC ML news and comment thread

wolverine2281

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know, I kinda like waves 3 and 4. We're getting some new characters, some old admittedly, but as mentioned, some people didn't get to pick these up the first time around. I for one am looking forward to picking up that Doom, as I've heard it's superior to the TB one, and that fantastic four wave came and went without me ever seeing a single one in stores. The Sentry seems semi questionable as the character is currently dead, and we already got one, but again the sculpt seems better. and since I probably won't get that SDCC X-force pack (not for lack of trying) I can appreciate a new archangel. The only problem i have with any of these is Iron Fist's hand, but I like the white costume so i'm all over it!

Seriously! SDCC is the biggest collector/entertainment event of the year & they dropped this on us. I really love most of the new figures but...an exact re-paint of Dr. Doom? An Iron Fist with Spider-Man hands? 4 Captain America type figures in 4 waves? Madame Hydra (man face) head on Mystique? No BAFs for the same exact cost? Why are they wasting their/our time on a "filler wave" instead of using the huge venue that is SDCC to display something truly great? Oh well...something is better than nothing. Definitely cherry picking this wave though. May cancel my BBTS pre-order.

I'm not understanding how wave 3 is supposed to be a filler wave just to hold us over until the 2013 wave. I understand that wave 1-2 came out a little too close to one another but I don't think that should make wave 3 any less significant where they wouldn't wanna put that much effort into it.

I thinking we might get more variant for wave 4.

we already know that Hyperion and Sentry are variant of eachother (Marvel Super-men?)

Red She-Hulk will more then likely have a green She-Hulk variant but I would love to have a Lyra the She-Hulk figure(bring the hulk family 1 step closer to completion).

Iron Fist will definatly have a Immortal Iron Fist (green) variant.

Archangel could have a Death or X-force variant.

The only thing I can thing of Protector is maybe a Marvel Boy, Speed ball or hopefully Gravity.

Cap.....well he is only a standard BIGGUN figure so screw him.

we already know that Hyperion and Sentry are variant of eachother (Marvel Super-men?)

Red She-Hulk will more then likely have a green She-Hulk variant but I would love to have a Lyra the She-Hulk figure(bring the hulk family 1 step closer to completion).

The only thing I can thing of Protector is maybe a Marvel Boy, Speed ball or hopefully Gravity.

I'm pretty sure Archangel is Wave 3. He already has packaging.

I'm up in the air on Red She-Hulk...give her a damn name first, and Mystique has a horrible face scuplt...as does Moonstar. They aren't even the same sculpts.

I'm content right now simply because some of these did need updates or better versions aside from Punisher. I mean there's like 6 of him already. But TB Iron Fist is jacked up looking and their Mystique is puny. I know the head is a repaint but it does look better in blue and fits her more than it did Madame Hydra. I'm really just glad the BAFs are coming back and the filler wave at least shows they are thinking a little about us. They probably never thought the return would catch fire like it has and weren't prepared. Hell we should be glad they are back after all the noise we made when the line was cancelled. I definitely don't mind a few months between wave 3 & 4 either. October is close to Christmas plus it has taken a few of us some time to complete the last wave because they didn't hit every where at the same time. Some complained that 1 & 2 came out too close together. Spring 2013 will probably mean Feb. when 4 starts hitting anyway. Like the first wave did as well.

I'm up in the air on Red She-Hulk...give her a damn name first, and Mystique has a horrible face scuplt...as does Moonstar. They aren't even the same sculpts.

no he wave 4. wave three doesn't have him http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Red She-Hulk does have a name, Betty Ross, daughter of Thunderbolt Ross, the Red Hulk, and wife/ex-wife of Bruce Banner the Incredible Hulk

I dont get it bbts has deadpool (x force costume) only, then when is the original colorway gonna come out? I hope they're not gonna do a chase figure, i will cry.

The X-force is the main figure and the coloured one is the variant.

But for doom it says (regular or ff costume). Deadpool is only x force. Thats why i was confused, unless they just havent updated it.

the reveals are a mixed bag to me, especially in light of the fact that there are still tons of figures that Hasbro has hinted at over the years, and never released.

Where is the Hood, Bi-Beast, and Silver Samurai???

Where is the Wrecker and Bulldozer?

While Mystique looks really good, but dang the same head as Viper? That is worse than anything DCUC has done.

What i want to know is if that movie Peter Parker figure is in 6 inch??? That figure looks impressive.

the reveals are a mixed bag to me, especially in light of the fact that there are still tons of figures that Hasbro has hinted at over the years, and never released.

Where is the Hood, Bi-Beast, and Silver Samurai???

Where is the Wrecker and Bulldozer?

While Mystique looks really good, but dang the same head as Viper? That is worse than anything DCUC has done.

What i want to know is if that movie Peter Parker figure is in 6 inch??? That figure looks impressive.

yeah i hoped that they would at least finish the wrecking crew with the next two waves. at least in the 3 3/4 scale they manage to complete teams but legends gets the wait until next year card again and again.

just cancelled my preorder at bbts for wave 3. dont really need it and since there is no baf, i dont see the point of buying all of this wave of figures i allready have and some i dont really need. so blade it will be for me and maybe regular doom because he has a way better paint job as the one before but it comes with a great maybe. so i guess thats it for this year then, lol.

Yeah I guess content is a good word. I'm content with Marvel Legends. Not thrilled or excited or overjoyed but still at least content and interested. A year ago we had nothing. I'm glad that the line is back & still around. And in any case...there is always room for improvement...no matter what. Gripes aside...they'll still get some of my money.

I'm content right now simply because some of these did need updates or better versions aside from Punisher. I mean there's like 6 of him already. But TB Iron Fist is jacked up looking and their Mystique is puny. I know the head is a repaint but it does look better in blue and fits her more than it did Madame Hydra. I'm really just glad the BAFs are coming back and the filler wave at least shows they are thinking a little about us. They probably never thought the return would catch fire like it has and weren't prepared. Hell we should be glad they are back after all the noise we made when the line was cancelled. I definitely don't mind a few months between wave 3 & 4 either. October is close to Christmas plus it has taken a few of us some time to complete the last wave because they didn't hit every where at the same time. Some complained that 1 & 2 came out too close together. Spring 2013 will probably mean Feb. when 4 starts hitting anyway. Like the first wave did as well.

More info on Fwoosh from member, beamish.

I talked to Dwight yesterday for about 15 minutes - he's a great guy! We laughed, we bitched, he asked me about the new product and he dropped hints, such as:

Red -She Hulk will have a running change. I asked if it was something similar, such as Thundra, Titania or Lyra. He said I was in the right ballpark, and to go to the panel discussion.

I asked about Enchantress, and plugged Thor 2 as a perfect way to get more Asgardians in the line. He agreed and said there will be some surprises in store next year becuase of the movie, so stay tuned. He also asked what I thought of putting Asgardian women on the Red She-Hulk buck, since they are supposed to be taller and statuesque. I said that idea would be cool, but poor Valkyrie would look dwarfed. He agreed. I asked about the Warriors Three. He said they wern't cost affective due to massive tooling for all of them - textures and things like that, but he'd like to see a set in accordance to Thor 2.

I asked about box sets and two-packs. He said they are always in discussion and hopefully they can get some out since they are a great way to get more figures out. I asked about exclusives. He said nobody has asked for them as of yet, but they are still hoping wih the current success of the line, Wally, ToysRUs and Target will bite. I told him to pitch Son of Satan to Hot Topic. He laughed out loud, then got a very quizical look in his eye and said that was a fantastic idea. He wants to do Surtur and thought that would be a good way to get him out there.

He asked what I thought about the Hyperion/Sentry buck - both of which look fantastic. I said I liked it, and he said if it goes over well, it would be a good buck for Luke Cage.

I asked for more villains. He said there would be a reveal at panel that had three classic villains. Two larger, one conventional size. I asked where the rest of the Wrecking Crew was. He said to go to the panel.

I asked for more females. He said a fan wanted female would be revealed at panel. I asked if it was Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, Jubilee, Jean or Enchantress. He said I would be happy. He apologized for Emma.

Of course, I pitched Hellcat and Nighthawk to finishe core Defenders. He said Nighthawk would be difficult because of the wings (mostly cost) but Hellcat would be easy to make. I suggested the running change Black Cat/Hellcat (Marvels Cats). He liked it, but asked "what about Black Cat/Silver Sable?"

I pitched team completers - Alpha Flight, Inhumans. He agreed and stated that he'd love to re-do Black Bolt.

Yeah I don't mind "re-releases" at all. I view this run of Marvel Legends as a brand new line. Separate from Toybiz. Separate from the first run of Hasbro Marvel Legends. With this new line brings lots of new collectors. It would be stupid & foolish for us to expect Hasbro to never make a character that they've already made before...even if it is a direct repaint (Doom, Deadpool, even US Agent...). Remember that the original Marvel Legends started 10 years ago. Who remembers what Marvel action figures were like in 1992 then the jump they made starting in 2002? The difference between 2002 and 2012 isn't as drastic but lots of the original Marvel Legends are due for updates and there are plenty of new collectors that will buy them even if you think the one you have is better. I personally sold most of my Marvel Legends when the first run of Hasbro ended so I welcome all the new figures...even if some of them could be better (Iron Fist specifically). I am really disappointed at the lack of a BAF in wave 3 but it seems, for now, that it's a one wave hiatus. We'll discover more as SDCC progresses.

if they rerelease figures like doom or deadpool, i have nothing against it because some just start right now and i am glad they can join in after all those years. but why not call this the best of wave and just include characters like deadpool or doom or cap and keep marvel legends for new characters.

Yeah I don't mind "re-releases" at all. I view this run of Marvel Legends as a brand new line. Separate from Toybiz. Separate from the first run of Hasbro Marvel Legends. With this new line brings lots of new collectors. It would be stupid & foolish for us to expect Hasbro to never make a character that they've already made before...even if it is a direct repaint (Doom, Deadpool, even US Agent...). Remember that the original Marvel Legends started 10 years ago. Who remembers what Marvel action figures were like in 1992 then the jump they made starting in 2002? The difference between 2002 and 2012 isn't as drastic but lots of the original Marvel Legends are due for updates and there are plenty of new collectors that will buy them even if you think the one you have is better. I personally sold most of my Marvel Legends when the first run of Hasbro ended so I welcome all the new figures...even if some of them could be better (Iron Fist specifically). I am really disappointed at the lack of a BAF in wave 3 but it seems, for now, that it's a one wave hiatus. We'll discover more as SDCC progresses.

if they rerelease figures like doom or deadpool, i have nothing against it because some just start right now and i am glad they can join in after all those years. but why not call this the best of wave and just include characters like deadpool or doom or cap and keep marvel legends for new characters.

never thought of it that it could be a fresh start for hasbro and for us. i guess i just dont want to go threw all these toybiz years from the start just to get the same figures again lol.