Official SDCC ML news and comment thread

wolverine2281

I think every thing shown so far is awesome. The only thing that sucks is no BaF, and the filler excuse is bullshyt they are just trying to profit off the success of the relaunch " Hey we sucked 'em in with the BaF and $14.99 price tag now lets get greedy and charge $14.99 with No BaF...... yes We are so Smart ahahahahaha lets screw our own line to make a quick Buck ahahaha" Other thans that every thing looks sick I cant wait but I guarantee they are going to loose a lot of customers with the same price point and no BaF. Every one her is already stating that they will cheery pick this wave due to the lack of a BaF.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AAAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! I seriously want to Hulk out right now. This is so frustrating. To be teased with a BAF only to get this is crap is a really jerk move on Hasbro's part. A 4 inch BAF? Remember the good old days when little figures like Impossible Man, Gremlin, and Howard the Duck came with full-sized figures? And the point of BAFs was to give us bigger characters that wouldn't fit on a card? This is absolutely a copout of the highest degree. Thanks, but no thanks Hasbro. I'm done.

I'm not saying Puck, Frog Thor, and Rocket Raccoon wouldn't be cool to have, but theyre accessories, not BAFs. There's no reason Hit Monkey couldn't be a pack-in with Deadpool other than a blatent cash grab on Hasbro's part. We're getting ripped off.

I for one am very glad Puck and Rocket Raccoon will not be treated as accessories, because I really do prefer them articulated.

Them being BAF's might take some getting used to on my part, and I'm not overly fond of Hitmonkey, but the chance of getting an articulated Puck or RR at a decent scale compared to regular legends gets a big thumbs up from me!

its clear that hasbro hates the collectors. They screw us on exclusives by selling them in mass to scalpers. They put out toys the collectors don't want or already have. no collector club and now the mini baf middle finger. if your happy I'm glad for you but I'm not. I just want them to finish the teams they have started so I can break the hell out.

First off the lady Hulks are awesome. I am super excited for them and did I see bicep swivel on Savage She Hulk (I am at work so I dont know if that is a point of articulation on the there female molds so far) but that is fantastic!!

Now, I do think it is a total douche move to have mini bafs and keep the same price point. I would be a little more ok with it if they were cheaper. If they want to put out smaller characters they should have done like dcuc his with the green lantern wave that had Dex-Star Ch'p and the yellow lantern virus thing. Make one of the cards have more then one and add the bad piece at the same price as the rest of the wave.

yeah the green lantern pack was the way to go or a 3-pack with those little guys would be great. now i have to get what? 4 figures i have in another form, 2 rereleases and 2 new figures to get a monkey in a suit??? no thanks lol. the new generation seems to be ok with this but lets not forget in 10 years, its your turn to be dissapointed because hasbro wont change. these are good characters but not worth it to buy entire waves to assemble them. now i dont want to jump all high but if these are split in half then i am actually ok with it but if that monkey is split in 6 then forget it.

I am new to the line so any figure is great for me. But I also see the point about the BAF. A mini is stupid. Take for instance the Halo anniversary figures. They had a BAF insignia, the difficulty trophy in wave one and the UNSC insignia in wave two, but they kept the price point the same instead of raising it because they added the BAF pieces.

I'm not the new generation. And in 10 years I'll sell what I have & start with the new.

I imagine it will still be 6 figures to build Hit Monkey. Head, Torso & Tail, Right Arm, Left Arm, Right Leg, Left Leg. This is Hasbro we're talking about. None of us need to defend or apologize for them They don't want our loyalty they want our money. If they don't get it...well...they don't need it. They'll cancel the line again & make money off all their other lines.

If you want awesome, huge figures buy Marvel Selects. They have a great Rhino, Venom, Ultron & Barbarian Hulk coming soon. They also have some others already available (Juggernaut, Colossus, (Red) Hulk, Sabretooth, Abomination, The Thing...

Don't expect anything big (no pun intended) from Hasbro.

Tiny pieces will likely be cheap on eBay though if you want to finish these TBAF's (Tiny Build A Figures...I'll take a nickel each time that it's used) w/o buying every figure.

Buy what you want/like...skip what you don't. Sound logic.

I am pissed about the BAF thing. Still I can no way complain too much about some of the same character redos and compare it to DCUC. Mattel used the same steroid infused body molds on almost every character no matter who. Nightwing, Robin, Terry McGinnis and so forth. How many Batmen, Supermen and Hal Jordans were there almost every wave. Toybiz gave us an a$$load of Punishers, Wolverines, Spidermen and FF characters. The Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Mystique and Jim Lee Rogue were ugly and all need or needs a redo. The Hasbro Doom is much better than the TB one. I own both. So just saying give them a little break.

Now back to what they are wrong for in my opinion. The mini BAFs. C'mon really? They should put them in a little box set or something. Where's Jean. Stop apologizing for Emma and put those two as a running change in some wave. They mentioned more Inhumans to go with Black Bolt. That's a cop out about having to redo him in order to get them. There's six of them with five left to be done. An exclusive five figure box set or three pack would be cool. Medusa ,Karnak, and Gorgon would be satisfactory. Or throw Medusa and Crystal in a wave with a running change. Instead we get a MU three pack. What about the rest of the Wrecking Crew. I would've preferred them over a new Sentry/ Hyperion. Lastly where are the rest of the figures from the Fan Polls? Each and every one had to get some vote. I'm happy to see the 6 or 7 we have gotten. But there's still the one's from the first poll. Even with all of my complaints I cant compare them with the closed fist (even the Flash) figures from Mattel. As far as TB. I loved them too and have most despite the flaws. But the joints on some do tend to be brittle and will break or pop with posing. None of these companies are perfect though and we really shouldn't expect them to meet our individual criteria and expectations. If they did we wouldn't be having these forums. Because we'd all be too satisfied and it'd be boring.

I'm not the new generation. And in 10 years I'll sell what I have & start with the new.

I imagine it will still be 6 figures to build Hit Monkey. Head, Torso & Tail, Right Arm, Left Arm, Right Leg, Left Leg. This is Hasbro we're talking about. None of us need to defend or apologize for them They don't want our loyalty they want our money. If they don't get it...well...they don't need it. They'll cancel the line again & make money off all their other lines.

If you want awesome, huge figures buy Marvel Selects. They have a great Rhino, Venom, Ultron & Barbarian Hulk coming soon. They also have some others already available (Juggernaut, Colossus, (Red) Hulk, Sabretooth, Abomination, The Thing...

Don't expect anything big (no pun intended) from Hasbro.

Tiny pieces will likely be cheap on eBay though if you want to finish these TBAF's (Tiny Build A Figures...I'll take a nickel each time that it's used) w/o buying every figure.

Buy what you want/like...skip what you don't. Sound logic.

I agree. I'm more stoked about the Marvel Select Ultron than most of what's being offered.