Official SDCC ML news and comment thread

wolverine2281

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hit-Monkey has a regular title card with a $14.99 price point. No indication of him being a BAF.

Eh, I just noticed someone caught this on the front page comments too, and the information is supposed to have been verified by Hasbro...

wait they are going to charge $14.99 for what looks like an MU sized fig? Ok F that Shiz. That's is just bs!

just a little example how its done right:

marvel select venom has 4 different heads. say what?? 4 heads?? hell yes and one more iconic then the other and that figure is the best they ever did in the history of venoms and select offerings. i dont know if these heads will be in the package or sold separatly to stores but wow. oh and its not enough we also get a base and that for 20usd. check bbts for preorder its allready up there. marvel select rocks :-D

it is too early to judge everything.. I'll have to wait until after panel.. but out of all the new ML figures they have shown, I am not very impressed.. what do we have on display? Ironman, Mystique, Red She Hulk, Dr.Doom, Deadpool, Sentry, Punisher, Blade, Danni Moonstar, Hyperion, Captain America, IronFist (with Spiderman's hands WTF) etc...

out of all of those, the only ones I would definitely like to buy from first glance are Sentry and Hyperion. we don't have a Hypwerion, and I don't really like the TB Sentry because of that ultra-textured body. These figures both look great. HOWEVER, from these pics, it looks like Hasbro might have ruined them by making them WAY too tall.. just like they screwed up modern Thor and Steve Rogers. I hope these guys aren't 8 feet tall like Thor. I really hope that these early pics are tricking me and I will be able to add them to my collection.

as for the whole BAF thing.. I agree that it sucks and is a jerk move. Hasbro has been royally screwing their customers in pretty much every toyline they have this past year. there have been so many delays, price hikes, cost-cutting moves, etc.. it's embarrassing. And for them to remove the BAF for the next wave and then come back with mini-BAF is pretty discouraging. I mean this was supposed to be the BIG RETURN of MARVEL LEGENDS hurray year.. but the first 2 waves had a mix of decent and terrible figures, and then they were barely shipped anywhere.. and then a huge gap between waves.. and then cutting back on what you get... seems to me like either the ML relaunch was a huge dud, or Hasbro is being a jerk.

Anyhow, I can't tell if Hit Monkey is the BAF because his name card says he is in wave 1 and will cost 14.99.. but if he is the BAF, I won't get him. I don't care about him and he doesn't even have full articulation. But I guess the BAF thing is okay, because I really wanted Terrax and Zola, but there were so many crappy figures in the first 2 waves, I didn't get them... so I guess it's cool that I won't have to miss out on cool BAFs because of crappy regular figures.

Can I ask? if hasbro reveal that they are doing 2 MBAF per wave would that satisfy people?

i prefer bigger ones but if there is more then one in a wave then it wouldnt bother me personally. still i see those more as little bonus figures.

granted I can see everyone anger that this. but for me it's a brilliant idea. just imagine all the smaller characters we could get. not only human or aliens but animals as well. Imagine a MS Lion or a articulated Red wing.

beside I don't collect ML for the BAF. I collect it for the figures you buy to get the BAF. I mean the next 2 waves have 8 new characters (Blade, Moonstar, Us Agent, Protector, Red She-Hulk, Lyra, Hyperion and Hit Monkey!) then we have 7 new customes ( NEO Iron Man, FF Dr.Doom, Punisher, Mystique, Archangel, Iron Fist, Deadpool) and a redone figure (Sentry). Throw in the rerelease (Deadpool and Dr. Doom) and you got plenty of new stuff.

Can I ask? if hasbro reveal that they are doing 2 MBAF per wave would that satisfy people?

i prefer bigger ones but if there is more then one in a wave then it wouldnt bother me personally. still i see those more as little bonus figures.

granted I can see everyone anger that this. but for me it's a brilliant idea. just imagine all the smaller characters we could get. not only human or aliens but animals as well. Imagine a MS Lion or a articulated Red wing.

beside I don't collect ML for the BAF. I collect it for the figures you buy to get the BAF. I mean the next 2 waves have 8 new characters (Blade, Moonstar, Us Agent, Protector, Red She-Hulk, Lyra, Hyperion and Hit Monkey!) then we have 7 new customes ( NEO Iron Man, FF Dr.Doom, Punisher, Mystique, Archangel, Iron Fist, Deadpool) and a redone figure (Sentry). Throw in the rerelease (Deadpool and Dr. Doom) and you got plenty of new stuff.

maybe its more because i dont get much i was looking forward to. red she hulk would have been awesome but then she got this swim suit and i just saw that she has that in the comics right now. i loved her heavy metal outfit and it showed that she is different then she-hulk. i dont know why they even changed that in the comic. yeah well. hit monkey is awesome. i actually want that one.

I don't care what the BaF is that's not what is saying screw you ML Collectors or even kids and fans its the fact that they are Greedy as hell trying to charge $14.99 to the RETAILERS who then turn around and sell them for $1-3 more and Hasbro Knows this they always play dumb and say "ohh we have it at $14.99 SUGGESTED Retail" Come on I will Gladly buy every Legends figure at $12.99 with out a BaF. That way with mark up and tax it Really comes out to be around $14.99!

Jean Grey, Sentry, Mystique, Moonstar, and Protector all look beautiful. However, if there is no BAF, I really don't see myself buying the rest. Blade, Punisher, Hyperion, Doom repaint, Iron Fist all look good but I don't really want them. However, if I needed them to build a Stryfe...I would buy all of them without hesitation. Heck even the Iron Man looks great, but I would never buy if he had no BAF.

Hey guys.. I never really post alot on here more of a reader. As I look through some of the new ML I am very excited. When Toy Biz was around I never had the chance to get any of the Legends. Now this time around I can. I see that some of you are unhappy which you have every right to be. I don't like how they re use diffrent parts of other figs to make new ones like Iron Fist with the huge hand. OR how there is no BAF in wave 3. But this is the guys like myself's chance to have some of the figs that you guys already have. At least you can say meh.. Or I have to have it. I'm not trying to make anyone upset or start any type of arguement at all. I just saying I'm very excited for the new figs and all the ones I don't have. I'm sure later on tonight they will suprise us.

You know I was all for given Hasbro the benefit of the Doubt. but that had to be the single most worst panel they have ever done.

Anyhow. im delighted that X-force Wolverine and Archangel are being release singles. Now I just have to track down the Pyslocke and I won't have to pay through the nose to get the exclusive.

Glad Jean grey is finally coming out and Wrecker.

I can see Moonstone having a Ms Marvel Variant or even better Songbird to go with the Thunderbolts. and it's great we're finally getting some Thunderbolt (yeah I know there is some of them already made but I mean the main members).

Im very interest to see what figures are going to be in the Iron man legends (most more IM i know but what else?)

oh and I told you all Strife wasn't a BAF.... although it now sound like there making him one.