Official SDCC ML news and comment thread

wolverine2281

Stryfe never should be a BAF anyways. He could easily be a single carded figure. Also: I remember a few months ago when I said here that Wrecker & Bulldozer were coming & would be released the same way as Thunderball & Piledriver (running changes). Everyone thought I was a fool!!!

Totally bummed about no masterworks Fin Fang Foom. Maybe NYCC.

Also very bummed that the Uncanny X-Force 3 pack is sold out. That saves us the time & trouble to try & track down a set on HTS this Tuesday. At least we'll get Wolverine & Archangel singles.

Iron Monger BAF...AWESOME! There's still hope! We'll just have to buy lots of Iron Mans (Iron Men?).

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also: I remember a few months ago when I said here that Wrecker & Bulldozer were coming & would be released the same way as Thunderball & Piledriver (running changes). Everyone thought I was a fool!!

I think you may have meant something different but Wrecker is not in the same wave as TB and PD.

Overall im content I suppose. I like the looks and most of the character selection for the next few lines. But im definetly not feeling the whole mini bafs ill still get most of the figures just cause im a big ML collectors and with my family im always spending money on the kids or wife legends and comic books are really all I spend on myself. Plus like I said I like the character models but I could really careless bout making hit monkey i mean come on making mini build a figures and still charging 15.00 for each? I can accept that next line doesnt have one because of rushing to get us a line but this was planned out? We all know they didnt wanna piss collectors of by jacking up the price to 15.00 and get rid of BAFs so they found a way to keep it and still be cheap. And what do they tell us normal sized BAFs will be back next 2014 first of all thats along time for figures and second to me that kinda says they knew it wouldnt go over to well like heres mini BAFs but regular ones are coming back. I look at BAFs as an awesome little bonus with my figures and Ive even gotten used to the jump from toybiz to hasbros versions so I can accept the normal sized character BAFs but going from sentinels and giant men in toybiz era to a 3 inch hit monkeys abit much. Plus im alittle bitter over no sign of Stryfe I mean if what they said is true than great I can wait if they are improving the sculpt but was just looking foward to seein more pics. But like I said I can deal with the shortcomings (no pun intened) as long as we are still are currently and looks for awhile regularly getting any Legends.

I think the mini baf is a cheap cop out true galactus and the sentinals were cool i was happy the a normal size baf fig zemo was a great baf, Iron monger is going to be huge, but the mini baf isnt cool i can see rocket racoon and a puck being done this way now. Hasbro doesnt learn we stop giving them our dollars because we dont want something theyre more likely to cancel the product .

Ok so I'm happier than I was yesterday. We are getting at least two of the exclusives in the waves like I thought they would do after what they did with Thor last year. Just hope they release Psylocke too. I'm glad that we are getting the rest of the Wrecking Crew. Wrecker looks awesome! Most of all though, finally a decent Jean! Now Emma please! Kinda wished I collected MU. That Emma looks pretty good for its size. The Moonstone has a new body sculpt as well. Cant wait to see better pics of it. I hope she has a Dark Avengers variant also. That IM BAF is going to be real nice. I wonder who the rest of the figures to build it are going to be. Keep on Hasbro. You're getting better in my book. But I meant what I said about mini BAFs though.

16614545[/url]']

16614524[/url]' date='Jul 15 2012, 01:46 AM']Also: I remember a few months ago when I said here that Wrecker & Bulldozer were coming & would be released the same way as Thunderball & Piledriver (running changes). Everyone thought I was a fool!!

I think you may have meant something different but Wrecker is not in the same wave as TB and PD.

Right I know that. I just said that Wrecker & Bulkdozer would be coming soon in a future wave as running changes of each other. I said they would be using the same mold as PD & TB and everyone thought that that would be impossible. Thought that I was crazy and a fool! I've never let that stop me though ha!

So I hear a lot of disappointment today with the Hasbro Panel... And I admit I was fully disappointed today aswell. We get these ideas and expectations in our head that make it impossible to fulfill. But as I've been cruising the net looking for more pictures (because surely I've had to have missed something, right?). I found this full length shot of the Marvel Legends display case and I gotta say we're all very lucky! Marvel Legends were all but dead over the last few years. I'm glad they are alive and well moving forward. Jean Grey and Archangel alone make it all worth it!!!

DSCN30012.jpg

Overall, I like what I saw at SDCC. I, for one, don't mind them doing 3 waves per year with the standard ML line. With the rate that they are putting out the Marvel movies, I feel their will be plenty of 6" offerings to keep me satisfied. For now all I am collecting is ML and 6" Marvel movie figures ( with the occasional Marvel Select thrown in for good measure). I am curious to see the rest of the figures in the Iron Monger BAF wave, but I guess we will have to wait until Toy Fair to see those. Good things from the panel this weekend, X-Force Wolverine and Archangel in Wave 4 for those that could not get the 3-pack, the Wrecker looks awesome, I like the new female body for Moonstone, and a decent mix of new and updated characters. The bad this weekend, mini BAF's (although I am all for more monkeys with guns). The ugly, Viper's head on Mystique's body.

oh yea, any word if Psylocke also will be available as single figure just like Wolverine & Archangel?

well in box set exclusive like that there is usually one figure that doesn't get release in retail. By the looks of thing that figure is Psylocke at the moment. but that could change.

Was watching the video for the Marvel panel. The Wolverine in wave 1 of 2013 is the X-Force look so he'll match Warpath so he's not the same as the Uncanny X-Force 3-pack. And Archangel's variant figure in wave 1 is the look where he took Apocalypse's place.

Are you sure about that Archangel? This looks more like the same figure with a dulled down paint job. He had a full Apocalypse based armor when he was fully taken over by him in the comics.

Was watching the video for the Marvel panel. The Wolverine in wave 1 of 2013 is the X-Force look so he'll match Warpath so he's not the same as the Uncanny X-Force 3-pack. And Archangel's variant figure in wave 1 is the look where he took Apocalypse's place.

Are you sure about that Archangel? This looks more like the same figure with a dulled down paint job. He had a full Apocalypse based armor when he was fully taken over by him in the comics.

Yup, that's exactly was Dwight said, it's apocalypse based in paint job.

well still dissapointed after the panel. glad they finish the wrecking crew. i was so hoping for something related to spidey but once again nothing at all and that for the 50th anniversary of the character. i will pick up some legends but not a lot. mini bafs arent a seller either to me. since they love to repaint a lot and i doubt it takes that much time to paint something then they could easly do 4 waves a year. i mean the regular versions of that x-force pack could allready be in one wave. even spidey could be easly repainted like they do in the 3 3/4 section. that would make 4 allready and since repainted heads are back again on the tabel then they could work a lot faster. glad the line isnt over but its far away from its best days. it took a great start but the lack of effort from hasbro is present and we get the waiting game once more. i guess i will costumize my figures from now on because hasbro doesnt moves fast enough. if every 4 years i get one figure from the spidey universe then i am better on my own.

here is what i want:

-jean grey

-wrecking crew

-blade

-dr. doom (maybe)

-archangel

-red she hulk (i will customize her because i want that heavy metal look)

-sentry (also with a maybe)

i guess thats it for now.

ohh and iron man legends???? why??? doesnt he have enough series going for him???

its all i see. how manny iron mans did we got since the first movie hit?

well great to see iron monger but then again, how manny repaints of iron mans will we have to buy to get this one again? yeah well lets hope we get a good hydrosuit out of it and a new mandarin wouldnt hurt either. i bet that iron patriot will be in it to.

if they do it right maybe a legends wave of iron man couldnt be that bad. lets hope for it.

ohh and iron man legends???? why??? doesnt he have enough series going for him???

well great to see iron monger but then again, how manny repaints of iron mans will we have to buy to get this one again? yeah well lets hope we get a good hydrosuit out of it and a new mandarin wouldnt hurt either. i bet that iron patriot will be in it to.

if they do it right maybe a legends wave of iron man couldnt be that bad. lets hope for it.

I hear ya. Hopefully we will get the Iron Patriot and some more of his villains. I'm cool with the War Machine we got last time. But a Whiplash would be great even if it is late. Or even a Rescue.

I hear ya. Hopefully we will get the Iron Patriot and some more of his villains. I'm cool with the War Machine we got last time. But a Whiplash would be great even if it is late. Or even a Rescue.

whiplash baby. i totally forgot about this one, lol. yeah that wave could have potential afterall. how about grey gargoyle? i would love him.

i dunno im about iron manned out. i understand there are a lot of die hard fans that want the entire hall of armor, and with the movie coming out next year kids will be clamouring for them but i wanna see some more x-love. the jean is just a tease. Also Caps are becoming a little redundant. dont get me wrong im super grateful that we are even getting figs and the ultimate cap looks great, but the seems to be an overwhelming amount of the two that weve been shown lately.

Okay Im going to say this. Iron Man Spider-man Wolverine Captain America and Hulk are the 5 most popular characters in Marvel. Hasbro or indeed any other company will bring out as much of those 5 as they can. So more matter how much we #$#@# and moan about them they will keep bring them out. At least it a new version of them each time and not the same other over and over.

The one character I think get under represented in this line is Thor. Granted we have gotten a few of him. but only 3 different version (I count the Giant-man line and the ML 3 line as the same costume). There is so much more they could do with him.

as for the females, am I the only one who is tired of Jean Grey. I mean it's great we get this version of her but she alone has 6 different versions of her (including the movie version). give some of the other women a chance.