Official SDCC ML news and comment thread

wolverine2281

Glad to hear that Hasbro is finally going to release the Wrecker ad Bulldozer. To bad it will be near the middle of next year to get them.

Happy to hear about a proper sized Iron Monger. Need to seee pics.

not happy about a possible slew of IM re-paints.

Disappointed that after Mattel bows out of the game, Hasbro can't put out more than 3 waves in one year.

and jut for the record, it was the C&C (the BAF copy) that was keeping Mattek afloat ... pay attention Hasbro ...

we would have bought 4 out of 6 meh figures a wave to get someone like Dragon Man.

Now after looking @ Kevolution's pic, wondering who is the red haired woman?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you think of these?:

A1541_articulated%20SPD.jpg

A1542_IronSpider.jpg

A1543_Nova.jpg

It looks like Hasbro realized how bad they've been with 6 inchers...

Good thing: Most of the characters designs for this series are directly from comics, so we may get many villains which could be used in a Mainstream Unvierse collection.

Bad thing: it's for kids, most of them will have less articulation than Marvel Legends.

A1541_articulated%20SPD.jpg

A1542_IronSpider.jpg

A1543_Nova.jpg

Good thing: Most of the characters designs for this series are directly from comics, so we may get many villains which could be used in a Mainstream Unvierse collection.

Bad thing: it's for kids, most of them will have less articulation than Marvel Legends.

I have no interest in these, and am really bummed theyre phasing out the movie figures for this. As you metioned, the articulation is lacking. Also, there's no way an animated style figure would fit in with MLs. MLs tend to be pretty lifelike likenesses. Imagine that Nova next to a Face-Off Cap. Not gonna happen. At least the movie line blends in with regular MLs.

I have no interest in these, and am really bummed theyre phasing out the movie figures for this. As you metioned, the articulation is lacking. Also, there's no way an animated style figure would fit in with MLs. MLs tend to be pretty lifelike likenesses. Imagine that Nova next to a Face-Off Cap. Not gonna happen. At least the movie line blends in with regular MLs.

Well, but imagine trying to fit Spectacular Spider-Man's figures with Marvel Legends, this show's more realistic designs help with that. Maybe other characters that need less detail could fit pretty well, like White Tiger. Apart from that, maybe we can get a 6 inch Wizard at last as well as other minor villains which didn't appear in ML but have appeared in this show, and maybe if some of you are good customers can do a paint job to make it more Legend ¯\(°_o)/¯ I think I could use them with Legends only if necessary (like, mentioned before, Wizard).

Okay Im going to say this. Iron Man Spider-man Wolverine Captain America and Hulk are the 5 most popular characters in Marvel. Hasbro or indeed any other company will bring out as much of those 5 as they can. So more matter how much we #$#@# and moan about them they will keep bring them out. At least it a new version of them each time and not the same other over and over.

The one character I think get under represented in this line is Thor. Granted we have gotten a few of him. but only 3 different version (I count the Giant-man line and the ML 3 line as the same costume). There is so much more they could do with him.

as for the females, am I the only one who is tired of Jean Grey. I mean it's great we get this version of her but she alone has 6 different versions of her (including the movie version). give some of the other women a chance.

I agree with you. As far as the ladies they do seriously need to make more. But Jean has never gotten proper treatment and the movie version was crap. We were waiting on this for a long time. The TB version was so so and the reg. version looked crazier than the dark variant. Other than that we only had the 2 pack big headed Marvel Girl. The Black Queen looked nice but was on that little Emma body. This'll probably be the last we see of her for awhile anyway unless they go ahead with the White Phoenix.

Okay Im going to say this. Iron Man Spider-man Wolverine Captain America and Hulk are the 5 most popular characters in Marvel. Hasbro or indeed any other company will bring out as much of those 5 as they can. So more matter how much we #$#@# and moan about them they will keep bring them out. At least it a new version of them each time and not the same other over and over.

The one character I think get under represented in this line is Thor. Granted we have gotten a few of him. but only 3 different version (I count the Giant-man line and the ML 3 line as the same costume). There is so much more they could do with him.

as for the females, am I the only one who is tired of Jean Grey. I mean it's great we get this version of her but she alone has 6 different versions of her (including the movie version). give some of the other women a chance.

I agree with you. As far as the ladies they do seriously need to make more. But Jean has never gotten proper treatment and the movie version was crap. We were waiting on this for a long time. The TB version was so so and the reg. version looked crazier than the dark variant. Other than that we only had the 2 pack big headed Marvel Girl. The Black Queen looked nice but was on that little Emma body. This'll probably be the last we see of her for awhile anyway unless they go ahead with the White Phoenix.

I'd actually really like a first appearence Jean. A whole FA X-men set would be pretty great.

these ultimate spidermans arent worth it. they remind me of these 5" wolverine and the x-men figures. easy pass and i doubt that we get manny villains with this line. a lot of different spidermans and thats it. i even doubt they will have more then 3 waves. i dont know why we dont get avengers 6" black widow. its so hasbro. instead of putting her right with wave one and add nick fury to it so the box is complete. no we wait and see and forget about it. lets wait 4 years now when part 2 arrives and hope that they remind themself that something is missing from a few years back.

Disappointed that they didn't show any more of the Avengers Movie 6" figures. Was hoping for Black Widow, and Chitari soilder at least. Also, they didn't show what the upcoming Toys R Us Exclusive 6" Spider-man 4 pack is going to look like.

The whole Wave 3 has no Build A Figure doesn't bother me personally, only cause it is very rare I collect an entire wave(Espeically at 1 time). Will defently get Dr. Doom(Regular Green) only cause I never could find Hasbro's Fantastic Four Wave. Maybe Mystique(Will admit the repainted Lady Hydra head actually looks nice in blue with no pupils. Weird cause I'm mixed about Lady Hydra's head), Iron Man and either Punisher and Blade. Everything else I'm not worry about.

2013 being the Year of Mini BAF's I do think seems like this is a slap in the face for those who collect ever figure. Again, doesn't concern me, but do feel your pain. At least they can say that they kept a BAF figure for the waves, even if it is a mini, for you still collect them all, and you get a figure, reguardless of size. That said, for you guys, they better keep their word about the return of big/normal size BAF's in 2014.

Notice that Wave 1 of the 2013 line's Ultimate Cap is based on the 4" Avengers Movie Ultimate Cap figure, in that they are both wearing Red Boots and Gloves instead of Brown Boots and Glovers, and that they both are wearing a tatical vest like coat.

So far, for 2013, will defently get Jean Grey.

US Agent (check, there's a new Captain appeared in Secret Avengers)

Punisher (unsure)

Blade (check)

Moonstar

Mystique (nah, didn't Mystique returned to her classic look?)

Iron Man (nah, out-dated look)

Dr. Doom (megacheck)

Dr. Doom (nah if I get normal version)

Deadpool (X-force) (nah, I'm very strict with costumes, and I can't put him along other many figures because if the X-Force is supposed to be secret...)

Deadpool (megatriplesupercheck)

Red She-Hulk (check)

Lyra The Savage She-Hulk (check)

Ultimate Captain America (check, can work with a little customization as modern 616 Cap)

Wolverine (nah, same as Deadpool)

Iron Fist (check, I was waiting for him)

Protector (unsure, depend on what would become of him after AvX)

Sentry (nah, I don't buy figures of deceased characters)

Hyperion (nah, not important enough for me)

Archangel (nah, out-dated looks)

Archangel (nah, same here)

Jean Grey (nah, out-dated look

Wrecker (check, I want my Wrecking Crew)

Unless I just suck at researching, is there a specific time frame wave 3 should be hitting stores? all sites I see say September but the time that online sites seem to get them and stores always varies in my experience.

I'm so dying to get the Blade and Punisher Figures, even if I have like 4 frank castles, and Deadpool any way I can get, both if my searching pans out.

With that said, I still would've like to have seen:

6 inch Avengers movie Black Widow & Nick Fury

And more X-Men characters.

I'm tired of the flood of Iron Man and Captain America figures that come with every single wave.

To be fair, we have Extremis Iron Man and Neo Classic Iron Man, two glaring omissions from the Iron Man Armory.

The Captain America family has a figure in each of the first 4 waves, and TBH i feel like it feels more unnecessary to me.

I think it's cool if Hasbro makes more Iron Man Armors, but what bothers me is Hasbro releasing old Iron Man Armors instead the armor the character is currently using. Hasbro made Extremis Iron Man when Tony was using Bleeding Edge, and we didn't have Bleeding Edge action figure yet, even if Iron Man will apparently change his armor after AvX.

I think it's cool if Hasbro makes more Iron Man Armors, but what bothers me is Hasbro releasing old Iron Man Armors instead the armor the character is currently using. Hasbro made Extremis Iron Man when Tony was using Bleeding Edge, and we didn't have Bleeding Edge action figure yet, even if Iron Man will apparently change his armor after AvX.

To their defense Iron Man does change the armor every 5 issues or something, but you have a point it also would be nice to have an armor or outfit while they are still relevant.

A1543_Nova.jpg

Nova in the cartoon is a young hispanic kid, why does this look like DCSH superman head?