Sign in to follow this  
ender82

X-Force Set/Toy Biz comparison

X-FORCE set is great. Here is a brief photo review.

Psylocke:

XF Psylocke is taller, better face sculpt, better accessories, and better hands that grip! Paint is about equal between the two. Articulation goes to Toy Biz Psylocke. XF Psylocke cannot crouch very well due to her Hasbro ankles. I enjoy the updated uniform and the more Asian sculpt of the XF. I'll probably display both though.

Archangel/Angel:

Two different characters basically. Both use the stock hasbro/toy biz male body respectively. I do wish the XF Archangel had new hands with the steel claws as seen in the comics, but his wings are shiny metallic as opposed to dull grey seen previously. I didn't bring my hasbro Archangel to my new house because I knew that this one was coming out, but the XF version blows the X-Men classics version out of the water. Better, simpler wings; more menacing face paint and sculpt and more solid body(Classics version was too articulated to the point of being filmsy). I'll display both. Angel with the X-Men and Archangel with X-force/villians.

Wolverine:

New sculpt for Wolverine, though its one of Hasbro's go-to male body sculpt(same as Steve Rogers), still it works. He's a little taller than Wolvie should be IMO, but again it works. Paint is very well done, however there are some splashes of grey where they shouldn't be. Articulation is awesome in the shoulders and arms, but he is very limited in the hips and ankles just like XF Psylocke. His claws are individually set and metallic which is great. Best claws I've seen(House of M wolverine had similar claws). He's now my second fav Wolvie next to unmasked Astonishing X-Men. Third is brown wolvie.

Now, I'm waiting for my XF Warpath to arrive and for XF Deadpool to be released and my X-Force display will be as good as it gets. (Fingers crossed for XF Wolfsbane, Deathlock, Vanisher, or Elixir!...though not likely...)

Also, Hasbro if you could do Stryfe soonish that would be great and while you are at it throw in an Apocalypsed-out Archangel. Thanks.

post-50880-1342910700_thumb.jpg

post-50880-1342910729_thumb.jpg

post-50880-1342910744_thumb.jpg

post-50880-1342910806_thumb.jpg

post-50880-1342910807_thumb.jpg

post-50880-1342910817_thumb.jpg

How about a pic of Wolverine and the brown one side by side? They look about the same height. Are they? If so no big deal to me.

Cant wait for my set to arrive from ebay. I promise you will have never seen figures torn from their package so quick. Thanks for the pics.

That Psylocke is miles better than the TB one. XF Wolverine I'm not really a fan of; too tall but I love his claws. Archangle is great too, minus the hands.

psylocke and XF Archangel...

Just received mine yesterday morning (pre-ordered and paid on Ebay back in June for these, the X-Force pack and the Masters of Evil MU set).

I'm in total fanboy craze over these figures. They look REALLY sharp. Love the metallic-looking wings. Is this paint? Or the plastic? It feels and looks GREAT but will it last or wear over time? I'm really wondering about the longevity of the wings.

Wolverine's sculpt is awesome. His head sculpt is the standout part of him for me. The mask part that sticks out is a soft flexible plastic. Claws are great too, much better, hope they stay with this type of claw execution on future Wolverines. Love the boots. He feels like such a solid, sturdy figure. Height seems fine to me. He's the non-silver figure on the team, cause Warpath and Archangel match. Though Warpath's silver seems a slightly bluer hue than Archangel's pure silver.

But PSYLOCKE! THIS is how she should have been done from the start. I don't know where to begin! I'll start at the bottom and work my way up, lol. She has the ninja feet instead of the original release's heeled boot which made NO sense for this character. The costume is a deeper blue... ALMOST black, but not quite. It's the shade I've always thought her costume to be, almost a midnight blue. Just much more matte than her Jim Lee days, which made the costume look more reflective. Belt is great. Hands are sculpted for gripping, which is fine because of the AWESOME psychic katana blade. Only thing missing for me would be the psychic knife she has used back since the 90s. Would have loved that as an alternate accessory, it's still a big part of her character that I'm missing. The face is fantastic and SO much more realistic and true to how I'd picture her brought to life. Definitely looks more asian and just simply PRETTIER and sexier. Well done there. And the hair! Original release Psylocke's hair was that flat purple paint, the sculpt limp and simple. THIS figure is a black base with purple highlights bring so much more tone and texture to the figure, depth. And the fact it's long and flowing and full, it's so much livelier than the original release. There's simply no comparison. New X-Force Psylocke is BOSS!