Customizing thoughts

Romulus

I've been thinking of customizing a few characters for a while. I've seen these figures used as base bodies and they seem to work pretty well.

Sif= Helmetless Big Barda variant. A small bit of sculting and paint and I think it works out great.

Fandral= DCU Green Arrow. I have never seen a custom like this but I bet it would work with a bit of work.

Odin= McFarlane Zeus. I've seen this figure and his is great but he is a bit short to be used as Odin and since he is a older figure the articulation is not great. I was thinking of putting a his head on a modified (new hands) Beta Ray Bill body. I would be aiming for a Kirby or Simonson theme.

Hela= She Hulk. I think shulkie would make a nice base body for a character that's seven feet tall. She would have to be heavily painted and that head dress may be a problem.

Hellcat= DCU Cheetah. Most of the features are there, it would need a great paint job though.

Any other ideas?

I'm thinking about making a powered-down Bobby Drake/Iceman. I've always wanted the XMC variant, but I cant justify the hefty price ($100).

I'm thinking just a generic body will do along with a simple head swap. Here's the head I'm thinking about using with the hair painted blonde.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWE-Figure-The-Miz...=item564a7c8ce0

I'm thinking about making a powered-down Bobby Drake/Iceman. I've always wanted the XMC variant, but I cant justify the hefty price ($100).

I'm thinking just a generic body will do along with a simple head swap. Here's the head I'm thinking about using with the hair painted blonde.

If you want one the same style as the XMC. Just get the Sentinel series Angel (preferably the blue one) and one of the custom cast Bobby Drake heads and repaint. Angel and the XMC Icemen use the same base. They're pretty cheap loose. Head casts are usually no more than like $4.

I thought about the custom head cast, but I've never seen one available for the Bobby Drake figure I'm talking about. Do you know where one is available?

If you want one the same style as the XMC. Just get the Sentinel series Angel (preferably the blue one) and one of the custom cast Bobby Drake heads and repaint. Angel and the XMC Icemen use the same base. They're pretty cheap loose. Head casts are usually no more than like $4.

There is one site I know of that has it in his catalog. It's called DMCDirect. I think he's closed his shop just temporarily though and is adding more cats to the huge inventory he already has. But contact these two and see if they might have it available. Camcokid also known as CKCastings or Glassman customs. There are more out there but these are the ones I have used so far.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, Black Bolt had the same thing wrong with him that troubled Adam Warlock, Doc Samson, and the Comic version of Loki from the Thor Legends: they are two thigh cuts away from being perfect.

If you need to make a Black Bolt, find a good masked face such as Batman and them use a plain DCUC body with some fabric for the wings.

In my opinion, Black Bolt had the same thing wrong with him that troubled Adam Warlock, Doc Samson, and the Comic version of Loki from the Thor Legends: they are two thigh cuts away from being perfect.

If you need to make a Black Bolt, find a good masked face such as Batman and them use a plain DCUC body with some fabric for the wings.

That's what I'm thinking.