NEW ACTION FIGURE COMIC - WOLVERINE!

Ninjak

Thanks Zed, Menacing1, JMLG and Frank. Your awesome feedback is much appreciated.

Zed, I know this was a bit of departure from my usual Old-School Marvel style, and I'm not a big fan of the extreme violence, blood and gore stuff myself, but I got the X-Force Wolvie and I wanted to use him in a comic, so I figured, "What the hell?" These days Logan pretty much plays for keeps, and anyway, I've been wanting to find a use for my "blood spatter" Photoshop brushes, and this was the perfect opportunity. :smile:

Oh, I almost forgot the disclaimer: No action figures where harmed during the making of this comic. :smile:

Thanks again guys! Look out for my next comic, coming soon!

Also Zed, I almost forgot, that's a cool Iron Man cover!!!

man, you make me want the X-force Wolverine and the Madame Hydra.

Great comic book. I really like how you blended your props and your photo scenery together in this one.

Your work is as good as any of those digital comics that Marvel releases for X-Men, Black Panther, Spider-Woman, or Iron-Man.

Can't wait until your next one.

Did you end up getting 2 Wolverines for this comic?

Thanks Zed, Menacing1, JMLG and Frank. Your awesome feedback is much appreciated.

Zed, I know this was a bit of departure from my usual Old-School Marvel style, and I'm not a big fan of the extreme violence, blood and gore stuff myself, but I got the X-Force Wolvie and I wanted to use him in a comic, so I figured, "What the hell?" These days Logan pretty much plays for keeps, and anyway, I've been wanting to find a use for my "blood spatter" Photoshop brushes, and this was the perfect opportunity. :smile:

Oh, I almost forgot the disclaimer: No action figures where harmed during the making of this comic. :smile:

Thanks again guys! Look out for my next comic, coming soon!

Also Zed, I almost forgot, that's a cool Iron Man cover!!!

I actually thought it worked great and was not a radical departure at all, the comedy of it (and I am not trying to spoil it but specificly wih the Hydra troop and the "top" under the jaw just made be giggle). It balanced out perfectly which is hard, hard thing to accomplish. Great work.

Thanks Big Bear, I had a good time doing this one. Really glad you liked it. And yes, I did pick up two X-Force Wolverines. They weren't cheap, but I like having 2 of certain figures that I really like.

Thanks again Zed. I've been wanting to do a solo Wolverine story for a while, and when I got this new figure, it seemed like a great time to do so. Sometimes it's fun to just go nuts with a comic and do what you want. I'm getting a lot of positive feedback on this one, so I guess people enjoyed it. X-Force Wolverine will definitely being returning in the future.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a pretty cool Batman story at the moment called "Sidekicks" that I'm liking quite a lot. I should have it ready before too long. Stay tuned. And thanks again guys. Your comments are greatly appreciated. :smile:

Thanks, damprime, I really appreciate the feedback and comments.

As for Steve Rogers, I was wondering about that myself. I was afraid I made him a little too hard core. I don't really keep up with modern comics that much anymore (except for Amazing Spider-Man, Mark Waid's Daredevil and occasionally X-Force), so I wasn't sure how much Steve's personality had been "modernized". I guess I was mostly going by what Captain America was like in the recent movies. Meaning he isn't adverse to use lethal force when necessary.

If I had it to do over, I'd have him tell Wolverine something along the lines of "You can use lethal force, but only as a last resort." or some such as that.

That will teach me for trying to break bad and write something "new school" all ultra violent and bloody and what not. :smile::)

It's really not my style. I'm more a student of the "old school" where all the superheroes had a strict "no killing" policy. But it was still fun to cut loose a little (pun intended). I'll probably bring back X-Force Wolvie for a future action figure comic adventure.

Thanks so much Devilbat. Very happy you like my comics. Comments like yours and other here make it even more worthwhile for me to keep doing them.

As for doing a Movie Avengers comic, that would be tough, mainly because I have never been able to find any of the figures except for Captain America. However, my 3-part story where the Avengers battle the "New Masters of Evil" and the Destroyer, was done partly as an homage to the movie team. I comprised the Avengers in that story of the comic book counterparts of the movie team. (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk and Black Widow with Nick Fury thrown in as well). So, in a way, I already did do a comic starring the movie Avengers. I even modeled the cover of the first issue based on the Avengers movie poster.

Avengerscover.jpg