Wally world

thedevilsdue06

I'm just glad to be getting marvel toys that aren't just movie figures. Maybe after some sell through they will notice it, and get us trated for marvel legends! This store isn't like my last one, though. They actually fire people at this one for shopping out of the back room. good thing i have a cell phone and family close by... lol

I just found 2 full pegs of 6" Cap, Thor and Iron Man at a Walmart this morning. There are slight variant Caps, Loki and Hawkeye in this batch. Most of the pegs were filled with variant Caps (2 per case now apparently). I like the variant Cap. He has a darker grey/blue hue to him. Much closer to the movie than the incredibly bright blue original.

Check your Walmarts. This one never had any MU, ML or Avengers 6" toys before and it was also my first time seeing these figures on a toy hunt. Definitely a reset.

I found all of them myself earlier this evening at an out-of-the-way Walmart I sometimes check out on occaision. I was so thrilled to finally get them all after looking for so long. It's interesting to know there's a darker variant Cap out now...the bright colors kept me from getting him the few times I've found him, that along with the sloppy paint issues. I wonder if the Cap I got is one of the darker ones. I don't have anything to compare him to. He doesn't really look that bright, now that I've taken a second look, but I can't be sure. I'd like to have the darker one if I don't already have him. I knew there had to be a re-stock since I was actually able to find them all for a change. I'm so thrilled to finally have them though.

I found all of them myself earlier this evening at an out-of-the-way Walmart I sometimes check out on occaision. I was so thrilled to finally get them all after looking for so long. It's interesting to know there's a darker variant Cap out now...the bright colors kept me from getting him the few times I've found him, that along with the sloppy paint issues. I wonder if the Cap I got is one of the darker ones. I don't have anything to compare him to. He doesn't really look that bright, now that I've taken a second look, but I can't be sure. I'd like to have the darker one if I don't already have him. I knew there had to be a re-stock since I was actually able to find them all for a change. I'm so thrilled to finally have them though.

Congrats man!

Thanks Spidey! I'm still revelling from the rush of actually finding these. I had pretty-much given up on finding them at retail. I just knew that my opportunity had passed and that the only way I'd have them is to pay a small fortune for them on eBay. But here they are, amazingly enough.

I had found a bunch of them in an out-of-town Walmart about two weeks ago. They had Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Loki (no Hulk or Hawkeye of course), but I couldn't afford them at the time, unfortunately. I was encouraged though...I assumed since these had popped-up in a least one store in significant numbers, then perhaps all stores were getting a re-stock. I came back home and realized I was apparently wrong. (lol) But I've been checking at every Walmart anyway, refusing to give up hope. You just never know what's gonna turn up at any given store at any given time. I guess I was just at the right place at the right time last night and lucked-up for a change. looking back I'm beginning to think that maybe that out-of-town store just happened to get a re-stock way before my local stores did...

My only regret is that I couldn't afford to get Loki, but I'll be more than happy to settle for what I have.

Thanks Spidey! I'm still revelling from the rush of actually finding these. I had pretty-much given up on finding them at retail. I just knew that my opportunity had passed and that the only way I'd have them is to pay a small fortune for them on eBay. But here they are, amazingly enough.

I had found a bunch of them in an out-of-town Walmart about two weeks ago. They had Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Loki (no Hulk or Hawkeye of course), but I couldn't afford them at the time, unfortunately. I was encouraged though...I assumed since these had popped-up in a least one store in significant numbers, then perhaps all stores were getting a re-stock. I came back home and realized I was apparently wrong. (lol) But I've been checking at every Walmart anyway, refusing to give up hope. You just never know what's gonna turn up at any given store at any given time. I guess I was just at the right place at the right time last night and lucked-up for a change. looking back I'm beginning to think that maybe that out-of-town store just happened to get a re-stock way before my local stores did...

My only regret is that I couldn't afford to get Loki, but I'll be more than happy to settle for what I have.

Awesome, it's always nice to read about a successful hunt :). The only Avengers legends figure I saw was the battle damaged Iron Man at an out of town Walmart. I passed on him though.

Hey all(sorry for the double post but I thought it would work better this way), I just stopped by my local Walmart and they were redoing the toy aisles like was stated earlier in this thread. While I was browsing the aisles I found a piece of paper laying on the shelf, turn out it was their modular fall 2012 coverletter. It was just laying there, the other papers were hanging on the wall, so I decided to take it with me so I could let you guys know what was on it.

Anyway the paper reads as follows:

Category Overview

Space decreased by 8ft in select stores. Key Movie properties such as Spiderman, Avengers, and Batman drive the business. Other brands such as Beybblades, WWE, and Power Rangers provide consistent growth. The New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise is expected to be a very good program.

Merchandise Changes

This year brings innovation in the 10inch figures. There are more interactive items to help bring the toys to life. Roleplay is a growing play pattern. The category leads off with Spiderman.

Fixture Changes

There are no fixture changes.

Signing Changes

New signs arrive for Spiderman, Avengers, Batman, Star Wars and Turtles

Display Units

There are new displays for Batman and Beyblades

Exit Strategy

Markdowns are sent to allow you to sell through deleted merchandise. Common price poits are used to allow deleted merchandise to be displayed together once the new modular has been set. Double face adjacent items as deleted items are sold through.

Resources

All trait changes must be submitted by Store Management. Store Management should use the Email My Department application to submit their request.