Best bet on picking up Daken and Spidey?

SpideyMang

Hey all I was just wondering what you thought would be the best way to get my hands on Daken and Spidey figures, the ones from wave two? I've tried my local TRU three times, and both local Walmarts three or four times each(those two don't even carry Legends). Today I even drove 45 minutes to another town to check the TRU, Target, and Walmart there, they didn't have them either although they did have two pegs of Legends each, which is more than I've seen in any of my local stores.

Do stores besides Walmart, Target, and TRU carry Legends(I really don't know I just started collecting). I'm kind of reluctant to order online, mostly due to price, do you think that's pretty much my only choice at this point though?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Are you looking for any ones in particular, I found 3 masked dakens and an FF spidey at a TRU in my area.

I'd prefer a Future Foundations Spidey and a Masked Daken, although I'd settle for either version of both Daken and Spidey at this point, I feel so disappointed from these past few days of searching, haha.

UPDATE: Well I managed to snag a pretty alright deal today. I bought a Big Time Spidey directly from Amazon, and when you order this one they randomly ship out a Future Foundations Spidey to customers which I thought was really cool. Now just gotta wait for him to arrive :D

I'm still on the lookout for a Masked Daken(preferably) but I'd pick up either one given the chance.

I have yet to find a Daken, but I did order a spidey off BBTS. I then proceeded to find one lone Big Time on a walmart shelf so I just canceled my online order, but the point is no one gets that lucky and online is more cost effective. So that would have been much cheaper than driving around to the different walmarts looking for them...I did that for the Avengers figures and luckily I found a Hulk and Hawkeye to make the gas worth it, but you can really lose out financially by driving versus online. However, hunting for me is a lot of fun sometimes.

I have yet to find a Daken, but I did order a spidey off BBTS and it happened to be a big time which is what I wanted. I then proceeded to find one lone Big Time on a walmart shelf so I just canceled my online order, but the point is no one gets that lucky and online is more cost effective. So that was much cheaper ($20) than driving around to the different walmarts looking for them...I did that for the Avengers figures and luckily I found a Hulk and Hawkeye to make the gas worth it, but you can really lose out financially by driving versus online. However, hunting for me is a lot of fun sometimes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is going to happen to me, haha. I plan on taking back Constrictor to cover the difference for Spidey, I think I'll have a look around TRU when I do that. I wouldn't be shocked if there was at least one Spider-Man sitting on the peg.

Also, if you're looking for a Daken, I have found him on Amazon for an alright price. And if you happen to have Amazon Prime that always helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classic-Legen...=I2A2HBAUHYVQXG

I walked into Wal Mart (new Orleans) yesterday and got both figures (w/mask) for $11 a piece yesterday.

WOW! $11? They are on clearance already?

The toy aisle is getting condensed for more video game kiosk or so I heard... It looks like they might stop carrying ML and MU...

I don't get it the legends are selling so good why not continue to sell them?. It's funny how they can't keep the shelf full but clearance out the items. SMH......

After reading everyone's reply's, I think I'll just order the figures I want next time if I can't find them in my usual spots. No sense is driving all over on a wild goose chase. I finally got my Big Time Spidey in the mail yesterday, and his paint job isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The figure itself is amazing though. Now I just need to get a Masked Daken.

After reading everyone's reply's, I think I'll just order the figures I want next time if I can't find them in my usual spots. No sense is driving all over on a wild goose chase. I finally got my Big Time Spidey in the mail yesterday, and his paint job isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The figure itself is amazing though. Now I just need to get a Masked Daken.

The days of toy hunting is long gone with EBay and the growth of scalpers... Those were some fun times...

The days of toy hunting is long gone with EBay and the growth of scalpers... Those were some fun times...

Yeah, seems like it :\ although it was a lot of fun walking around the stores and checking out the toy aisles. I can imagine it would be a lot of fun had I been prosperous in my hunt, I can also see friends making it more enjoyable too. Driving home feeling completely disappointed and a little depressed about the whole situation though... really sucked.

Thanks a bunch for all the help guys, but I just stopped by my local TRU today to return Constrictor, and they restocked their Legends so I managed to snag a Masked Daken! I was pretty excited because they seemed to move everything around in the store, and now have two pegs for Legends. They also had a blue Ghost Rider that will hopefully still be there next time I stop by, along with a Drax, Hope Summers, Big Time Spidey(which I just got in the mail, go figure), Fantomex, and Klaw. There might have been one or two others but I don't remember because I really only wanted Daken and GR.

I also spotted an Initiative War Machine from the Iron Man figure line, and two Mac Gargan Venoms from the Spidey figure line.

The only thing that really bothers me about Daken is that his paint apps are somwhat sloppy. Where the brown meets the yellow on his face is kinda messed up, the lines aren't completely painted on mine. Also the white for his eyes is way out of the eye area that was sculpted. He also had a huge paint chip on his belt right out of the box :\ His right ankle pivot is really loose too.

I found a masked Daken about a week ago, but I passed because his claws were twisted and really rubbery-looking. I wish there was some way to make them straight and rigid. Otherwise I might have gotten him.

His claws are actually sturdier than I though they would be. Also I was watching a review of him on youtube and the reviewer said that to straighten any claws on a figure his just wraps wire ties around the claws over night and that straightens them out. Alternatively, you could probably heat the claws(but be careful not to heat the wrist joint) and use something sturdy to straighten out the claws, then wait for them to cool back down. I'm not positive if either method works, but it's worth a shot if you have really badly bent claws.

My Daken's claws were surprisingly pretty straight right out of the box though so I was lucky with that.