New to Legends

SPCollector

Hey all,

I used to collect Marvel Universe figures. Marvel characters have always caught my interest for many reasons. The art work, the sculpting, the story behind the figures to name a few. Before going off to college I sold off my MU collection, it was a pretty complete collection including SDCC figs, and rares like Archangel. Now it seems Marvel is catching my interest more and more, specifically the Legends. I look forward to starting my collection and growing it with you all =] I guess my main question is, should I take the plunge back into collecting (it is something I enjoy, just need that final push) and what would you all say is an average range price on deadpool now?

Hey all,

I used to collect Marvel Universe figures. Marvel characters have always caught my interest for many reasons. The art work, the sculpting, the story behind the figures to name a few. Before going off to college I sold off my MU collection, it was a pretty complete collection including SDCC figs, and rares like Archangel. Now it seems Marvel is catching my interest more and more, specifically the Legends. I look forward to starting my collection and growing it with you all =] I guess my main question is, should I take the plunge back into collecting (it is something I enjoy, just need that final push) and what would you all say is an average range price on deadpool now?

I actually just started collecting as well, and welcome to the forums! I think that now is a great time to start collecting again as Legends are just starting to come back. Both of the Return of Marvel Legends are out and have been out for some time. The figures in these waves may be hard to come by in local stores but, for the most part, are pretty well available online. Wave 3 is just starting to ship out from online retailers as well, so we should be seeing that wave in stores in the near future too!

To answer your question about Deadpool(my personal favorite Marvel character ^.^) the ToyBiz version tends to go for a pretty hefty price from what I've seen, the cheapest I've seen personally was like $65. The Hasbro Deadpool figure from the Toys R Us exclusive 2-packs is pretty expensive also, upwards of $100. However expect that price to drop tremendously as the Deadpool being released in wave 3 is a rerelease/repaint of the Deadpool in the 2-packs.

I think the Legends line is the best series of toys ever. The DCUC stuff can't even compare.

However, I will say this, if you plan on going back and collecting a lot of Toy Biz stuff - be prepared to run, hunt, scour ebay and drop a lot of money.

But that's part of the fun for me!

Good luck, and don't forget you have resources on forums like this one. People can be pretty awesome, and are generally willing to help a fellow collector. Whether it be to help find that hard-to-find figure or helping out with something free they won't miss - I've experienced it all.

Thanks all for the support, I do plan on starting with the old Toy Biz as I feel they can only get rarer and rarer. I will hold off on deadpool and see if the value drops significantly with the new release, but I desperately would love to have an old one in the collection.

I know how you feel, haha. The toybiz Deadpool looks like the best figure of him, in my opinion. It's a shame that it's impossible to find in most stores nowadays, and the crazy price he goes for online :\

Welcome SPCollector!! I'm fairly new myself to collecting them. I'm actually more of an Avengers-related collector I suppose. I was drawn back in mainly due to seeing Captain America, Thor, and the Iron Man films, and those in turn got me excited about The Avengers, and the rest is history.

I guess if I could give you any advice on whether or not to jump back into collecting, it would be to choose a figure based on one of your favorite characters and go from there. If you find that you're pleased when you actually hold the figure in your hand and you enjoy posing it, displaying it, and what-not, and you feel like it's been worth the money, then do it, as long as it's fun and worth it for you. It's all about the "wow" factor for me...if I just get that twelve-year-old "wow" feeling inside when I hold a given figure, then that's what it's all about.

For many years I had collected things almost out of habit, and it got to where it almost wasn't fun and it was something I felt I had to do, or something I did out of loyalty to the line or because I feared I would have an incomplete collection if I didn't. Then, after a few cycles of selling and buying back, selling and buying back again, and realizing I didn't have to be a completist to be happy, I learned that I should just get stuff that I really like and have fun with, to not tale it all so seriously and not worry about completing any one given collection. Besides, I have found that my collection is more unique to me if it's made up of various things I like instead of a mass of toys and collectibles that have to fit a specific category or theme and be complete. I just get the stuff I want, and I have found collecting has been way more fun for me these days.

Like I said, I've been having fun collecting anything related to the Avengers, specifically the movie stuff. I just bought the Marvel Select movie Avengers Hulk and Iron Man online today, and I can't wait to get them in the mail. I've been looking at reviews on Youtube of them, and that Hulk is massive!! My next goals are to get the MS regular green Hulk, Juggernaut, and the movie Hawkeye.

Oh, and since we're actually supposed to be talking about Marvel Legends (lol), I'd love to get my hands on the modern Thor from the line. I absolutely love that figure...

I agree with you on only collecting what you find appealing. That way it's your own unique collection and not just mass complete waves of figures. That just how I feel on a personal level about collecting things in general though, not trying to bash anyone or anything like that. As an aside, the Marvel Select Hulk is just an amazing figure :P I got him the week he was released at the local comic shop where I used to live. He's a really big a sturdy figure too, I had no problem spending the $22 bucks on him. I also have a feeling that he'll fit in pretty well with Legends because of the way Hulk's size tends to differ.

Welcome dude. Started collecting legends about a year and half ago and totally enjoy hunting them down in stores and ebay, etc. I've gotten drawn back into the MU from the films, was a big fan in my childhood, particularly the x-men. In the last year have really enjoyed going broader with the MU. I really like the hasbro Deadpool actually. Generally, I've noticed the toybiz one is favored, but totally expensive. Since the hasbro one is good enough, i'd say save yourself 50 bucks and go hasbro. Plus only the hasbro one has the little sock nub on the top of his head, which for some reason is a very big deal to me.

Thanks guys for the great advice/support. Instead of collecting to complete waves, my first intention, it makes sense to go after the figures I truly want and it really does personalize the collection. Back to ebay... :wink:

The hobby became fun again when I stopped being a completist... It wasn't worth the frustration and financial burden...

Not at all, $96 shipped. Its a figure I've wanted since I collected MU. Totally excited for it to arrive.

I see, well I hope the figure is everything you've been waiting for :P. Still too steep for me though, no matter how much I want him :\. Too bad they can't do a re-release of him so he wouldn't be so damn expensive :hulk:

Not at all, $96 shipped. Its a figure I've wanted since I collected MU. Totally excited for it to arrive.

I see, well I hope the figure is everything you've been waiting for :P. Still too steep for me though, no matter how much I want him :\. Too bad they can't do a re-release of him so he wouldn't be so damn expensive :hulk:

It seem like the Deadpool will be the "jewel" of his collection... So its not that bad of a price...

It seem like the Deadpool will be the "jewel" of his collection... So its not that bad of a price...

That's true I hadn't considered that :P. I never looked at it that way before haha, maybe thinking that way I could get myself to buy a ToyBiz Deadpool.

That is exactly how I am thinking of it. The 'center piece' if you will of the collection, the piece that really adds a certain level of interest to it. Plus like I said, it's a figure i've wanted since I first started collecting =] Now if I can get a good deal on Dragon Man... but my girlfriend might kill me.

Well let me start off by saying "Welcome to the Forum SPCollector" the way you feel about that toybiz Deadpool I feel the same way about spiderman Classics "Mcfarlane" Spiderman..I've come across a few on ebay but I just can't pull the trigger..$170-$220 is too damn much! I'm contemplating getting the Series 7 Ghostrider..but i'm just waiting to see if anyone decides to sell for a lower price. It's definitely a FUN hobby & its all about making your collection what you want it to be!

Well let me start off by saying "Welcome to the Forum SPCollector" the way you feel about that toybiz Deadpool I feel the same way about spiderman Classics "Mcfarlane" Spiderman..I've come across a few on ebay but I just can't pull the trigger..$170-$220 is too damn much! I'm contemplating getting the Series 7 Ghostrider..but i'm just waiting to see if anyone decides to sell for a lower price. It's definitely a FUN hobby & its all about making your collection what you want it to be!

Hi SnakeEyes215 Isn't the spiderman clasics the cheap macfarlane spiderman because that is the one i've got and it cost me £8.49 minb? i know there is a marvel legends one don't know what series it is and that is expensive in the uk but it's not as expensive as america though so maybe check over in the uk for one. Also how much does the series 7 ghostrider fetch over there?