Sign in to follow this  
SpideyMang

Any way to repair loose joints on Legends style figures?

Hey guys, I just recently picked up an Initiative War Machine from the Iron Man Armored Avenger Legends series, he looked really great in the box, very cartoon reminiscent. When I got him out of the box some of his joints seemed pretty weak, they feel like a really soft plastic unfortunately. My main problem with the figure is that his head is so loose it just falls down(his chin hits his chest) whenever I try and move it around. Unless I put it all the way back, but I don't have a flight stand of anything to have him in a pose like that. So I know that there are ways to make plastic softer, and loosen joints, but are there ways to make joints tighter at all? It's not a huge deal but with the figures head being so loose it really limits the poseabililty for me, and I just feel completely disappointed when I look at it because the loose head really ruined it for me. I don't want to return him though cause he looks really cool and he was the only one in the store.

I've always been too scared to try it, but I've heard that to fix loose hinge joints, you put a little dab of superglue on the hinge and then work the joint as the glue dries. This is supposed to tighten it by filling in space that might be in there causing the looseness. You have to work the joint to ensure that the glue gets in all the nooks and crannies and to make sure the joint doesn't get completely frozen.

This should address the issue with the drooping head, but I would recommend practicing the technique a few times on some old figures first.

Yeah that is the way to do it. I have the same problem with mine now that I'm looking at him. Just make sure you put just a dab so not to let it run and stay hidden.

Yeah that is the way to do it. I have the same problem with mine now that I'm looking at him. Just make sure you put just a dab so not to let it run and stay hidden.

Hey, thanks for the replies so far guys! I do have some more questions for you though, haha!

Your Initiative War Machine has droopy head syndrome too?! If so, that's crazy, I wonder if they're all like that, I haven't watched a review of him so I have no idea. Is there any type of glue you recommend damprime? Or does any glue work generally well, also how would you recommend getting the glue near that neck hinge of his?

I use loctite super glue in the bottle. It has a long skinny neck to make it easier to control. Just tilt his head back and apply a little and work it in till it dries like spang said. It will tighten up.

I use loctite super glue in the bottle. It has a long skinny neck to make it easier to control. Just tilt his head back and apply a little and work it in till it dries like spang said. It will tighten up.

Alright, thanks a bunch man, I'll be on the lookout for loctite glue then. Once I get some I'll try it out on some old figures I have laying around the garage :P

Same way and best to use same brand. Loctite for crafts in the green & black bottle. It's not too messy and it won't dry so hard that'll you break the joint. I find it in Wal Mart in either the home paints and adhesives, office or in the crafts areas.