Sign in to follow this  
jamesandyori

Marvel Legends: Build Terrax CONSTRICTOR (s)

I was at Target today and discovered this:

photo.jpg

The one on the right has a different build a part, hands, and paint scheme.

Did I pass on something rare? I can't find any info.

James

Consider yourself lucky you passed. That looks to me like a repainted Tarantula figure someone probably bought on clearance.

I can't quite place the torso, but it looks like the Hand Ninja, or more likely, Ronin.

In all likelihood, someone carefully took out the original figure and BAF piece and then replaced them with the copies so they could return it for a full refund.

Pretty lame scheme, but it happens. I actually admire the effort they put into repainting the parts though. Of course, it could be a factory mistake, but I doubt it. Even if that were the case, those types of errors are hard to put a value on, and most experts will tell you they tend to be worth less than the regular figure because so few people collect things like that.

post-20530-1347099060_thumb.jpg

post-20530-1347099097_thumb.jpg

Like Spang mentioned, it's a figure swap some bored jerk did, I once found a DCUC Raven figure packed in the Hope cardback at a Walmart. It really burns me when people do this since it doesn't benefit anyone especially us collectors. If you get the chance talk to someone in charge and let them know that they're getting ripped off, although they probably don't care.

Consider yourself lucky you passed. That looks to me like a repainted Tarantula figure someone probably bought on clearance.

I can't quite place the torso, but it looks like the Hand Ninja, or more likely, Ronin.

In all likelihood, someone carefully took out the original figure and BAF piece and then replaced them with the copies so they could return it for a full refund.

Pretty lame scheme, but it happens. I actually admire the effort they put into repainting the parts though. Of course, it could be a factory mistake, but I doubt it. Even if that were the case, those types of errors are hard to put a value on, and most experts will tell you they tend to be worth less than the regular figure because so few people collect things like that.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the pic before I read this post. That IS Tarantula. I have the figure myself and recognized him easily. This was definitely not a factory error. The time they wasted painting it just to pull this is ridiculous. A couple of years ago I found one of the GIJoe 25th box sets with C.O.R.P.s figures in the pack along with a single carded Scarlett in place of the one that came with it. Of course it was at Wal Mart.

The perpetrator probably created the custom Constrictor LONG before the real one was produced, and when one was released, they wanted the real thing and sacrificed their old custom to essentially get the real one for free.

I just can't believe an employee was stupid enough to take it back. The BAF part is the biggest giveaway.

what i hate most about this rip off, is what if some sweet old grandma comes to walmart to buy her son a marvel figure, and comes back with like, i dunno, a ben 10 figure crammed into a legends package. poor kids get the worst of this.

at least we hunters know the difference. i cant count how many times i have helped a confused mom/aunt/grandma find a certain toy lol

Great paint Job... Very Clean Lines.

Before That hand ninja was ripped apart it was worth 2 constrictors at retail??

That's what makes me think it was a Ronin. Those are a lot cheaper.