What's the deal with Constrictor and Klaw?

tyhifive

Why is there no love for Constrictor and Klaw? We always clamor & wish for villains...then Hasbro gives us two in the first wave and they are peg warmers. I personally love these 2 Marvel Legends but I see them every where I go. I saw some just sitting on clearance at Wal-Mart for $11. What is the problem with these two figures? Did Hasbro just make too many? I see the double packed Extremis Iron Mans & Bucky Caps sell out faster than these two.

I guess the same can be asked for Drax.

Agree, we're finally getting some good villains, but it's possible they have sold well, I know i didn't see many of those guys around until farily recently and they'd been out around here since early February. I got super lucky and got all of my wave 1 and 2 on the same day except Thor,passed on him at first, since i'd dropped so much money and I had MS Thor already but picked him up later because he is the better version. and blue Ghost rider (got the orange). and since that time I hadn't seen a one Marvel legend on the pegs until early August.

Klaw looks like a MU figure yeah I said it

Who said Constrictor was a bad figure? Just asking

Spin off a top 5 ROML figz Constrictor tops Spidey imo

Lmao. Constrictor's not bad, his articulation is pretty cool, no ankle pivots though, I think he would have benefited from that. Of course that could be said of any figure really. One thing that bothered me is that they didn't put any effort into painting his coils. Also, if they would have designed his face sculpt to look more like it does on the box art, then I would have really loved to own the figure. I ended up returning this guy for that reason, I just couldn't bring myself to like it. He looks a lot older on the face sculpt than in the box art in my opinion.

Klaw is just....ugh awful. His entire body is one color, no shading, nothing. Except for his short shorts, and he has a nose, which the character doesn't even have. What's worse about that is that he doesn't even have a nose on his box art. GG Hasbro

Yea,.....agreed I guess mine is Draxx he's EVERYWHERE

Also, In my area, there are a bunch of peg warmers at my local TRU:

Drax x2

Constrictor x2

Klaw

Hope Summers

Bucky Cap

Big Time Spider-Man

This kind of irritates me because the only one I KIND of want is Drax, and at $19.99+ tax, I'd rather buy him online for like $13 bucks. And since no one is buying any of these, that means it's gonna be FOREVER before I get any wave three on the shelves :profx:

I found a Klaw and Hope earlier this evening, and I think I saw Constrictor too, but I was broke unfortunately. I'd like to have Klaw simply because I've always been a huge Secret Wars fan, and that's probably been the only time I've ever seen the character in anything. I just don't care for Constrictor's colors...I like the concept of the character, but his overall look just irritates me for some reason. Omega Red has a similar power and looks much cooler in my opinion.

I sooo wish I had grabbed a Thor from this wave though. I want one baaad...

I found a Klaw and Hope earlier this evening, and I think I saw Constrictor too, but I was broke unfortunately. I'd like to have Klaw simply because I've always been a huge Secret Wars fan, and that's probably been the only time I've ever seen the character in anything. I just don't care for Constrictor's colors...I like the concept of the character, but his overall look just irritates me for some reason. Omega Red has a similar power and looks much cooler in my opinion.

I sooo wish I had grabbed a Thor from this wave though. I want one baaad...

He appears to be rare in my area, I've never seen him on a peg.

Funny. In my area I've only been in one store and have seen Klaw still there. Maybe two places have a Constrictor. But Fantomex, Drax, Bucky and Hope you can find at most of the stores around me if you look. However I'm sure that's due to revision cases. Klaw's size is the only problem I have with him. Constrictor is cool with me.

the reason is simply. c-list villians (at best) that no one outside the comic fans know about.

Exactly and another reason is the choice of body for them, collectors are sick to death of that body scuplt. Me personally I have both and I love them; they are both welcome additions to the line what worries me is that since they pegwarmed they may affect future releases of other less known villains. As for the rest of the wave I only saw a Commander Rogers once same with blue Ghost Rider. I never saw Thor in the pegs I actually have to trade to get one, I traded a Big Time Spidey for the Thor(yeah that much I wanted it).

I typically don't reference the cartoons when I talk about characters (I'm biased towards the comics), he has popped up lately, but even then I can't say he was used well.

He's just not a good character, just someone used to fill a void.

I think the problem is that I am a marvel reader, and I've seen Klaw enough times to have low opinion of him.

Also, my decision on all of these figures begins with asking myself "How much much am I willing to pay for this figure?" and Klaw isn't a $20 figure, I may pay $ten for him, and I think that may be what others are thinking as well. I suspect he will haunt the toy aisles for years, and may lead to stores not ordering newer cases... al'a MU Namor.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Klaw, but only after WM put him on clearance for $11. I do like the figure, though. I used to play the hell out of the Avengers arcade game, and he will always be stuck in my head thanks to that.

I also bought Constrictor because I happen to like that character. I really like the double joints in his shoulders. It makes for great poses of him whipping his coils.

The fact is that, yes - Concstrictor may not be known to most common buyers, that is why they include the BAF piece with him. Klaw is more "popular" or well known but may not be a high priority.

I personally thought this version of Klaw was weak until I actually owned him.

The Sonic arm attachment is not comic avccurate, but he is an ok figure.

We have to remember that with every line there is a figure or two that peg warms no matter what. Look at Drax and Bucky Cap, they seem to be the pegwarmers of Wave 2.

I imagine Iron Man Neo Classic is going to be the pegwarmer of Wave 3. Add the ever increasing prices for plastic, then What can you do?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is with the dipsh!t$ at Hasbro and their idiotic case packs. Sure, there's only one of each of those guys per case. But then there are alternates of some of the others so people end up ordering multiple cases just to get a complete set - then they return the extras that they don't need to a store somewhere.

I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed stores with essentially the same stock from one visit to the next except a sudden addition of another Constrictor or several Klaws. Now, it's possible that they got a whole new case and sold all except those guys; but logic would dictate that the new ones were actually returns - especially if it's only been one day since my last visit and the computer said there weren't any in back before. I really find it hard to be mad at the people doing this though, since it is aggravating to have characters like Mystique and M Hydra only one per TWO cases which means that characters like Klaw are double the availability and those d@nged Iron Man clones are basically 4 times the availability (and YES, I am tired of seeing a bunch or Iron Man all over Targets - even if he is still selling better than Klaw and Constrictor)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree that the reason Constrictor and Klaw are peg-warming is their lack of consumer recognition. We comic guys know who they are, and I'm sure most of us own them. But to the casual buyer, they probably look pretty generic.

That being said, both characters have gotten some recent exposure on Disney XD network. Klaw appeared a couple of times in the new Ultimate Spider-Man show, and Constrictor was on an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Whatever the case, I am glad they were produced. Constrictor has been a longtime want of mine, but I really dig Klaw as well.

AvMOE36.jpg

capVklaw4.jpg

I really find it hard to be mad at the people doing this though, since it is aggravating to have characters like Mystique and M Hydra only one per TWO cases which means that characters like Klaw are double the availability and those d@nged Iron Man clones are basically 4 times the availability (and YES, I am tired of seeing a bunch or Iron Man all over Targets - even if he is still selling better than Klaw and Constrictor)

Mystique and M Hydra were shipped in all the cases (at least til they were/ will be replaced by thier "alternate" character) based on the time of the release. The alternate characters didnt/ dont replace them til months after thier initial release. I have found that with the revision cases (as a thunderball will sometimes pop up in place of a piledriver, or an orange GR instead of the blue), but not with the initial releases. The only shipping discrepancy I have seen so far is some cases of wave 3 have shipped with 2 Dooms instead of 2 DPs.

What does piss me off is that all of the wave 3 revision cases have no wave 3 figures in them.