Well..........poop........

SpideyMang

:hulk:

Ugh.... I just made a pretty big mistake. I had this auction saved in my watch list and saw that there was around five minutes left in the bid. It was for a Red Hulk, so I was all over that especially since the current bid was only $32. I ended up bidding $37 and won the auction. However I didn't realize until after I won the auction and paid for it that it was just a repainted Green Hulk from the TRU two pack, but it has the Red Hulk's head. Another thing that really sucks is that I didn't realize that it's shipping from Bangkok, Thailand -_- so it's probably a bootleg knowing my luck. Also, because it's from Thailand the shipping was another $16 so I paid around 50 for it, and it's not gonna get here until around Oct. 23 and Nov. 5. I realize that this is all my fault for not reading the listing properly, I got caught up in the bid and overdid it.

What a mistake lol. But I guess with using eBay this was bound to happen at least once, at least I didn't loose my shirt over it.

Here's the Listing for anyone that wants to check it out. Maybe let me know how badly I messed up...

I don't know...it looks nice enough. The guy has pretty good feedback. It's a pretty nice figure. If buying loose figures doesn't bother you, and the paint job is fairly professional, then it will make a good display piece. Now for me personally, I just don't like buying loose figures. I'm pretty obsessive-compulsive...I don't like the thoughts of anyone handling a figure except for me when I open it, and maybe whoever in China put it together. (lol) Seriously, I know it's just a nit-picky thing I have going on. There are probably people out there more obsessive than I am that wear white gloves when they handle their figures (I'm not even that bad), I guess it's just a preference that I know I'm the only one that's ever handled a given figure outside of the factory workers that assembled them. It's a weird psychological thing for me I suppose, because I know many collectors are very gentle with them and usually don't play with them. It shouldn't be a big deal if they took really great care of them like I do and they're pristine. I just like to touch them long enough to pose them on a shelf or something. I'm just real picky about the condition of stuff I buy, so I'd never buy anything loose or anything that someone had custom painted, but that's just me with my hang-ups. Like I said, if that sort of thing doesn't bother you Spidey, it's a great-looking figure. If it bothers you that bad, just try explaining to the seller that you made a mistake and didn't know you were buying a custom figure. You just thought it was a loose factory one. He or she may understand and allow you to cancel the transaction. I did that once when I mistakenly bought a Marvel Legends Ultimate Cap. In the seller's pics he had the classic version, but when I got it in the mail, it was the regular version without the wings on his mask and gray stripes in his uniform. Now I know that was misleading on the seller's part, but my point is he was very understanding and refunded my money. Your seller may understand if you just explain it to him or her. If not, then sell it yourself as a custom piece. You may have to take a loss, but at least you'll get rid of it if you don't want it and be reminded every day when you see it on your shelf that you made a mistake. (lol)

My only exception for buying loose figures would be if they came in a set or a two-pack, and someone was selling them still in the insert or bubble and hadn't handled them or removed them. I might think about it then. But I guess even then they're not technically loose.

Yeah, I buy loose all the time Devilbat, I open up all of my figures anyway. Also, thanks to both of you guys, I feel a little better about the purchase already :) I think I'll just wait until I get it in the mail and check the figure out to see if I like it or not. I mean, I do want a Red Hulk, hopefully it looks good in person.

Thinking about it, I do have a question for you guys now. Do you think that is the BAF piece Red Hulk head on the figure?

Yeah, I buy loose all the time Devilbat, I open up all of my figures anyway. Also, thanks to both of you guys, I feel a little better about the purchase already :) I think I'll just wait until I get it in the mail and check the figure out to see if I like it or not. I mean, I do want a Red Hulk, hopefully it looks good in person.

Thinking about it, I do have a question for you guys now. Do you think that is the BAF piece Red Hulk head on the figure?

I would think so, since it would have been a simple head swap.

I would think so, since it would have been a simple head swap.

Ah, alright. Thanks again haha!

Well the good is it still looks like a nice figure, paint seems to be done well ect. But it did say 'custom' right in the title of the listing =\ At least its a nice piece to add to the collection which is always awesome.

Yeah it does look good, convincing enough to fool me lol. I know it says custom in the listing title too, it didn't click in my brain until after I paid and went back to look at it though :\. You're right about it being a nice addition, even if it isn't the actual BAF it looks it, at least in the pictures, I'm not sure how good it's going to look in person. It should be fine though. The price was a bit steep but considering the going rate of regular BAF Rulks, I think I made out alright.

It will be nice to add to my collection as another bigger sized figure too. The only other big sized guys I have is a really old First appearance Gray Hulk and the Mac Gargan Venom(who isn't really that big lol) I also think Rulk is a really cool character and I'm a big fan of his character design.

One of my main concerns at this point though is paint chipping. The seller mentions it in the item description, which I also neglected to read until after I bought it >.<

I am glad that this happened with something I don't mind having though. It was an error on my part, and was bound to happen soon or later. At least this way I can add a nice piece to my collection. And if you think about it, in a way, it's a one of a kind piece lol(that's stretching it, I know)

I agree - I think he looks pretty cool! Hopefully you'll find he was worth it once he arrives. I've bought a couple loose figures from a particular seller in China that showed up with gunk in the joints, scratches that weren't in the listing picture, etc. so I won't be buying from that person again. I'm sure you'll have better luck. :)

I agree - I think he looks pretty cool! Hopefully you'll find he was worth it once he arrives. I've bought a couple loose figures from a particular seller in China that showed up with gunk in the joints, scratches that weren't in the listing picture, etc. so I won't be buying from that person again. I'm sure you'll have better luck. :)

Thanks, I hope it's alright when I get it. Sucks that you had to go through that though :\

This same thing happened to me as well, lol. I was looking for a ML BAF Red Hulk and saw one no one was bidding on for like $40. Put a bid in and then realized it was a custom with Red Hulks head, dohh!! It ended up being pretty cool though

Lol, it's so easy to get caught up in the moment when you're looking for a particular figure and see it for a great price. I'm glad that it ended up working out for you though, this gives me hope for mine.

You could have requested a cancel transaction sellers usually will do it rather than have to deal with un paid buyer.

I'm not sure how to do that, and I paid for it right away. I think it's too late to cancel it anyway :\

Dude! That looks awesome and it's a GREAT price!!! The green Hulk from the two pack regularly sells for over $50 to $60 loose and Red Hulk is usually up around $60 to $70...and this is basically a combo of both. With a nice, custom paint job no less! If you get it and don't want it I'd totally buy if from you.

Thanks, like I said I just hope it looks ok in person. If I decide I don't want it I'll contact you first about selling it.