Hasbro preview night

Dane

I AM THRILLED at these previews.

Hawkeye from Toy Biz is a scrawny, discolored MESS compared to the MLs being released now. And I can't get his jelly-legs to stand anymore. He just won't do. So the new one is like angels singing in my ear.

Black Panther from Toy Biz looks like he made his costume out of asphalt, and I've HATED the blinged-out golden-taloned "modern" Black Panther they tossed us. I despise that textured body, and since it was reused for Wonder Man, I wouldn't mind a do-over with him also, Hasbro! This classic Black Panther is excellent, I just hope that he gets some lines on his boots and gloves.

White Phoenix is a ho-hum choice for me, but I know some like the white costume and Phoenix from Toy Biz is kinda lame now in comparison to the better bodies being released these days. Not a fan of the reused Invisible Woman hands, but I can survive. Looks like she'll be the variant/running change on Jim Lee Jean Grey based on the head.

Redo wish list remaining:

Jim Lee Cyclops (TECHNICALLY never released as an ML, I've always used the X-Men Classics version)

Wonder Man

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Ultron

*Magneto

*Jim Lee Rogue

*Professor X - hoverchair

*Daredevil

* = edited to add

SDCC 2009 showcased:

Amazing Bag Man

Bi-Beast

Black Widow (featuring hair from Shanna the She-Devil and the zipped-up female SHIELD agent torso)

Brother Voodoo

Constrictor (featuring non-grinning face)

Dark Ms. Marvel (or so she was speculated to be the "dark" version at the time)

Deadpool (fairly true to how he was released)

Fantomex (all-white, no "x" uniform embellishments as he was eventually released with)

Havok - Modern

The Hood

Hulk (fairly true to how he was released)

Lady Bullseye

Madrox the Multiple Man

Nuke

Phoenix - White (featuring X3 movie Jean Grey hair)

Terror, Inc.

Valkyrie (fairly true to how she was released)

Warpath - X-Force (repainted Hulkling body; Doc Samson head/hair)

Wolverine - X-Force (fairly true to how he was released, but silver instead of grey paint)

Then Toyfare ran a fan poll with the following:

Aurora

Gambit - Blue/Yellow uniform

Lilandra

Magneto

Northstar

Silver Samurai

Storm - First appearance

Sunfire - Age of Apocalypse (released in translucent plastic, not opaque as pictured, but he was better for it)

I AM THRILLED at these previews.

Hawkeye from Toy Biz is a scrawny, discolored MESS compared to the MLs being released now. And I can't get his jelly-legs to stand anymore. He just won't do. So the new one is like angels singing in my ear.

Black Panther from Toy Biz looks like he made his costume out of asphalt, and I've HATED the blinged-out golden-taloned "modern" Black Panther they tossed us. I despise that textured body, and since it was reused for Wonder Man, I wouldn't mind a do-over with him also, Hasbro! This classic Black Panther is excellent, I just hope that he gets some lines on his boots and gloves.

White Phoenix is a ho-hum choice for me, but I know some like the white costume and Phoenix from Toy Biz is kinda lame now in comparison to the better bodies being released these days. Not a fan of the reused Invisible Woman hands, but I can survive. Looks like she'll be the variant/running change on Jim Lee Jean Grey based on the head.

Redo wish list remaining:

Jim Lee Cyclops (TECHNICALLY never released as an ML, I've always used the X-Men Classics version)

Wonder Man

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Ultron

SDCC 2009 showcased:

Amazing Bag Man

Bi-Beast

Black Widow (featuring hair from Shanna the She-Devil and the zipped-up female SHIELD agent torso)

Brother Voodoo

Constrictor (featuring non-grinning face)

Dark Ms. Marvel (or so she was speculated to be the "dark" version at the time)

Deadpool (fairly true to how he was released)

Fantomex (all-white, no "x" uniform embellishments as he was eventually released with)

Havok - Modern

The Hood

Hulk (fairly true to how he was released)

Lady Bullseye

Madrox the Multiple Man

Nuke

Phoenix - White (featuring X3 movie Jean Grey hair)

Terror, Inc.

Valkyrie (fairly true to how she was released)

Warpath - X-Force (repainted Hulkling body; Doc Samson head/hair)

Wolverine - X-Force (fairly true to how he was released, but silver instead of grey paint)

Then Toyfare ran a fan poll with the following:

Aurora

Gambit - Blue/Yellow uniform

Lilandra

Magneto

Northstar

Silver Samurai

Storm - First appearance

Sunfire - Age of Apocalypse (released in translucent plastic, not opaque as pictured, but he was better for it)

That's the right list! Except ToyFare's poll was a couple years earlier. I hope we will see the rest eventually.

Should be a mini BAF like Hit Monkey from the first series, but no announcement of what character it will be has been made. At SDCC there was some hints a Rocket Raccoon figure was coming.

I'm not a big fan of Hit Monkey as a BAF, I prefer bigger characters....I can see Rocket Raccoon coming out with Guardians of the Galaxy movie on the way but I'd prefer they throw him in with a Groot or a Star-Lord figure kind of like Howard the Duck with Silver Surfer and Doop with Deadpool

Should be a mini BAF like Hit Monkey from the first series, but no announcement of what character it will be has been made. At SDCC there was some hints a Rocket Raccoon figure was coming.

I'm not a big fan of Hit Monkey as a BAF, I prefer bigger characters....I can see Rocket Raccoon coming out with Guardians of the Galaxy movie on the way but I'd prefer they throw him in with a Groot or a Star-Lord figure kind of like Howard the Duck with Silver Surfer and Doop with Deadpool

I concur. That would make much more sense. Or make Groot the BAF.

• 3 weeks later...